T Nation

Good Workout Routine for Teen Muscle Gain?

you should also try looking up Chad Waterbury stuff and hill running and sprinting for great leg strength.

You don’t need to join a gym if you cant afford it, there are great alternatives to building a great body without the fees and the A—hole that train there.

[quote]mewalczak wrote:
train your legs. like everyone else said they arent bullshitting. the release of hormones will translate to the upper body.

eat alot[/quote]

Or more importantly, TO HIS LOWER BODY!

[quote]jskrabac wrote:

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
If you’re just looking for a really low bodyfat, you don’t need a complicated routine for that. It’s all about calories in and out. I would say that a bodybuilding website is not the right place for you to be if you’re not actually looking to build your body.[/quote]

Da fuck? I originally posted this exact response…like this site isn’t for you, come back when you’re serious, and it got deleted? What.The.F?[/quote]

You’re just jealous that I thought of it first bro

[quote]lambchop4life wrote:
you should also try looking up Chad Waterbury stuff and hill running and sprinting for great leg strength.

You don’t need to join a gym if you cant afford it, there are great alternatives to building a great body without the fees and the A—hole that train there.[/quote]

ok so how can i build a great body with the equipment i have?
can you make me a workout guide or something??

[quote]paflt wrote:

You don’t need to join a gym if you cant afford it, there are great alternatives to building a great body without the fees and the A—hole that train there.[/quote]

can you make me a workout guide or something??[/quote]

I’m not really qualify to write a program base on what you have but the coaches here do.

For your pull up bars I suggest you search for Chad Waterbury I feel he is an expert on upper body free weight training. AS for those dumb bell and the ball put it on craigslist for sale haha kidding, use them as hiking up hill weights, I believe Jim Wendler has some program for that stuff, and last Please also look up some nutrition protocol for all this workout you will try. please spend a good amount of time reading and researching before you attempt anything, muscle growth dont come easy it take times and effort

throw the dumbbells in a pack, throw em on your back and go up a hill and back twenty times

[quote]paflt wrote:

I’m not really qualify to write a program base on what you have but the coaches here do.

For your pull up bars I suggest you search for Chad Waterbury I feel he is an expert on upper body free weight training. AS for those dumb bell and the ball put it on craigslist for sale haha kidding, use them as hiking up hill weights, I believe Jim Wendler has some program for that stuff, and last Please also look up some nutrition protocol for all this workout you will try. please spend a good amount of time reading and researching before you attempt anything, muscle growth dont come easy it take times and effort[/quote]

when i looked him up, his workouts that were free were pretty easy, some required barbells which i do not have, and the others ones i have to pay for… any certain link or anything you have of his that you could refer me to… or anybody else you know who is good at bodyweight training?

good lord

Join the school football team, or at least ask to join in their gym sessions.

<_<

_>

I’m a complete newbie when it comes to Strength training in a gym, so I’d never put forward my advice on that front, but that doesn’t seem applicable here.

BUT, luckily for you junior, I have experience in GENUINE MILITARY TRAINING that will turn you into the hardest mofo this side of…well, probably your nearest sports team, but whatever, it uses very little equipment, which fits your needs.

Sit ups, until you can sit up no more, no breaks.
Drink some water then
Push ups, until your face hits the floor,
drink some water
push ups until your face hits the floor again,
drink some water.
pull ups, until your knees hit the floor.
Drink some water.
pull ups until your knees hit the floor again.
drink some water.
Run, keep running until it hurts to swallow, you get tunnel vision, and if you stop you won’t be able to stand up again.
Drink some water.

if you’re not dead (which means you didn’t do enough of the first exercises), you can do burpees and lunges (rather than a number, go for a distance. ie, stand on the foot path, pick a light post in the distance, and say “I’m going to do burpees and standing jumps until I crash into that bastard” (and then, obviously, do them)

Then eat as much bacon, eggs, mushrooms, beans, and sausages as you can afford.

If you can get your hands on…I don’t know, a pile of phone books, a rock? you can do squats and standing military presses can be done with dad’s big ol’ crowbar (or sneak out after curfew, go to a building site, and steal a bunch of 2m lengths of Rebar and tape em all together in a bundle)

Leg raises, dips, and inverted rows are other popular bodyweight exercises.

(as a disclaimer, I’m not even on a first-name basis with any personal trainers, let alone remotely qualified as one myself, so if you
A. Don’t get ripped.
B. Get injured,
or C. (in the case of one of my examples) get arrested for stealing from building sites,

it is your own responsibility and I accept no liability.)

[quote]eeu743 wrote:
good lord[/quote]
x2

throw the dumbbells in a pack, throw em on your back and go up a hill and back twenty times

[quote]paflt wrote:

[quote]paflt wrote:

For your pull up bars I suggest you search for Chad Waterbury I feel he is an expert on upper body free weight training. AS for those dumb bell and the ball put it on craigslist for sale haha kidding, use them as hiking up hill weights, I believe Jim Wendler has some program for that stuff, and last Please also look up some nutrition protocol for all this workout you will try. please spend a good amount of time reading and researching before you attempt anything, muscle growth dont come easy it take times and effort[/quote]

when i looked him up, his workouts that were free were pretty easy, some required barbells which i do not have, and the others ones i have to pay for… any certain link or anything you have of his that you could refer me to… or anybody else you know who is good at bodyweight training?[/quote]

are you sure? here is the stuff i’m talking about take your pick

http://www.T-Nation.com/searchResults.jsp?cx=016420786931182441572%3Akswwmllusns&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=jim+wendler+hill+sprints&siteurl=www.T-Nation.com%2Ffree_online_article%2Fmost_recent%2Fblood_and_chalk_volume_10#1205

I used to be you. It took me down to 115 lbs, and a weekly 1 AM binge on doughnuts and ice cream. I didn’t get ‘ripped abz’, only really well-defined ribs and a binge eating disorder. Don’t worry about getting a ‘ripped upper body’ and ‘hawt abz’. We’ve got enough underwear models to go around. Put some muscle on; start eating clean and big and picking up heavy stuff.

I bet you can work out at your school gym before/after school, with real equipment, that’s what I do. Don’t be afraid to go in and lift while the bigger guys are doing their thing. The senior benching 315 and I are both there to improve.

Worst case, invest in 185 lbs of barbell and plates, and learn to clean (be careful!) so you can do overhead press and front squat.

do this workout

“gain muscle all over body, not big, just ripped muscle.” Um, I don’t think you have anything to worry about,… don’t worry, you won’t get big. Look at 1000’s of post on here, how do I gain muscle? how do I get bigger? etc…

1. Consistent hard work… that means Friday nite your at the gym, busting your ass doing squats- not going out getting drunk
  2. Doing the Unpopular lifts- everybody wants to do bicep curls (ON THE SQUAT RACK!!) and bench. Who deadlifts or squats to the point where you vomit. When you puke NOW you know how hard to train! back off a little & train at that intensity.
    3.it doesn’t matter what workout you do, ( as long as it has squats and deadlifts included as the primary lifts) just do it with intensity and go heavy

[quote]TDavidTestie wrote:

do this workout[/quote]

i use to do this workout… too easy for me, i think this is more of endurance and conditioning training instead of muscle building :confused:

what is another better bodyweight workout?

[quote]ironwill68 wrote:
“gain muscle all over body, not big, just ripped muscle.” Um, I don’t think you have anything to worry about,… don’t worry, you won’t get big. Look at 1000’s of post on here, how do I gain muscle? how do I get bigger? etc…

1. Consistent hard work… that means Friday nite your at the gym, busting your ass doing squats- not going out getting drunk
  2. Doing the Unpopular lifts- everybody wants to do bicep curls (ON THE SQUAT RACK!!) and bench. Who deadlifts or squats to the point where you vomit. When you puke NOW you know how hard to train! back off a little & train at that intensity.
    3.it doesn’t matter what workout you do, ( as long as it has squats and deadlifts included as the primary lifts) just do it with intensity and go heavy

[/quote]

no gym = no squat no deadlift :[

rosstraining.com/blog/ gym less training book, build your own sandbag, buy a used weight set.

Obey these rules: