T Nation

Good Workout Routine for Teen Muscle Gain?

Is this a good workout for a 15 year old, 5 Foot Inch , male, 128 Pounds? 9.7% Body Fat
I want to gain Six Pack Abs, gain muscle all over body, not big, just ripped muscle.

Monday:
Pseudo Planche Pushups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Planche Pushups)
Decline Pushups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Handstand Pushups)
Pullups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Pullups in L Shape)
Hanging Knee Raises x failure x 3 sets
Plank x failure x 3 sets (Progress to 1 Arm 1 Leg Plank for 1 Minute)

Wednesday:
Narrow Pushups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Diamond Pushups)
Wide Pushups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Decline Wide Pushups)
Parallel Grip Chinups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Parallel Grip Chinups in L Shape)
Narrow Pullups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Narrow Pullups in L Shape)
Shoulder Press 15lbs. x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Shoulder Press 20lbs)

Friday:
Pushups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to One Arm Pushup)
Pylometric Pushups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Aztec Pushups)
Chinups x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Chinups in L Shape)
Shoulder Press 15lbs. x failure x 3 sets (Progress to Shoulder Press 20lbs)
Plank x failure x 3 sets (Progress to 1 Arm 1 Leg Plank for 1 Minute)

30 Second Rest Between Sets

Please tell me if this is a good upper body routine?
All I want is upper body strength
I get good leg exercises in by walking a lot everyday, running up stairs, sprinting, jumping, etc..

Please help me improve this routine or suggest a better one.

The equipment I have is:
4 dumbbells 15lbs & 20lbs
Iron Gym Pullup Bar
Exercise Ball

Start here perhaps: http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/must_reads_for_beginners

well, for now i am wondering what to do for a ripped upper body with bodyweight training and a dumbbell and exercise ball... -___- what should i do??

I have already been working out for a year

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/westside_for_skinny_bastards

is there a bodyweight workout for skinny bastards?

Why are you not training at a gym?

too expensive :[

i'd say get a job so you can earn the $30 or $40 a month it takes to join a decent gym. might teach you a few life lessons you can apply to training too.

but if you must remain jobless and follow this routine, at least try to establish rep records somewhere, use full ROM where appropriate, eat and drink til comatose periworkout, don't forget to eat throughout the day, eat some more and get enough sleep (ie put the xbox controller down at 9 or 10 and go to sleep). always try to progress, do more reps, or do same reps for less time, or less rest, etc.

and get a job.

is there any better routine you would recommend or no?

I am trying to do all of the following by 2012.. I have already been working out for over a year so I think I might be able to accomplish these, but what is your opinion of a good workout for me?

A Handstand
One-Armed Pushups
Handstand Pushups
Muscle Ups
One-Armed Chinups

You need to train your legs.

i do i sprint, climb up stairs, walk long distances (many miles a day)...
they work a lot, i also scooter ride and bike a lot too

im wondering about my upper body workout.. dww about the lower body for me..

You need to train your legs. Pistol squats. Or acquire a trx, all the bodyweight exercises you could want/need.

If you can't get a job, and can't join a gym, ask your parents for a barbell and some plates, or at least dumbells for your next birthday/christmas.
Clean and squat and press (in no particular order) the hell out of them.

train your legs. like everyone else said they arent bullshitting. the release of hormones will translate to the upper body.

eat alot

i already have dumbbells in my house...

how come i see so many people that only do bodyweight or calisthenics routines that have ripped bodies.. do any of you guys know a routine for me that will do that??

If you're just looking for a really low bodyfat, you don't need a complicated routine for that. It's all about calories in and out. I would say that a bodybuilding website is not the right place for you to be if you're not actually looking to build your body.

A "ripped" body comes from low levels of bodyfat. Of course you won't have much to show if you don't build a foundation first, gain some muscle. Try reading as much as you can from the articles in this website (particulary the newbie ones jskrabac mentioned) because frankly from here on you won't get much help here if you keep insisting in ignoring the advice that was already given to you.

ok i already have ~10% bodyfat... still not ripped though :[
ok ill add some legs if you guys help make me a routine with bodyweight only

OP:
You've been working out for a year and you weigh 128lbs... In your position the question I'd be asking is "Guys, I've been working out for a year and I'm still 128lbs. WTF am I doing wrong?"

Instead you're asking how to look like Edward Cullen while ignoring any advice given.

bump for matt