Good Weight for Deficit Deads?

[quote]Mutu wrote:

[quote]DixiesFinest wrote:
I have pulled 600 while standing on two 45lb plates, so bout 3-4 inches?

Take what you will from that.[/quote]

Well goddamn.

How long did it take you to get to that?[/quote]

Dunno. Never really measured. Just lifted. First time I pulled deficit, I hit 550. I didnt go all out max effort on deficit pulls very often.

It shouldn’t be much lower than your regular DL, like maybe 5-10% lower. Obviously there will be exceptions.

[quote]hungry4more wrote:
It shouldn’t be much lower than your regular DL, like maybe 5-10% lower. Obviously there will be exceptions. [/quote]

^totally agree. I can almost pull the same from a 3inch deficit as I can from the floor because I get better leg drive. And it’s not like I’m using exceptionally tiny weights either.

“Good Weight for Deficit Deads?”

Answer: More weight than you lifted the week before.

It shouldn’t be much lower than your regular DL, like maybe 5-10% lower. Obviously there will be exceptions. [/quote]

x2 I don’t find them to be that different.

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

x2 I don’t find them to be that different.[/quote]
x3 I’ve pulled once from a 3-4" deficit. No significant variance to report.

Mutu, do you even lift weights?

[quote]spar4tee wrote:

[quote]DoubleDuce wrote:

x2 I don’t find them to be that different.[/quote]
x3 I’ve pulled once from a 3-4" deficit. No significant variance to report.[/quote]

x4 (am I allowed to combo off myself?)

I think it’s quite simple why you don’t lose much weight when pulling from a deficit…you can push your belly against your legs better at the starting position, so you make up for worse leverage/longer ROM with greater belly 'splosion.

[quote]Achilles of war wrote:
Mutu, do you even lift weights?[/quote]

Not really I just hang around T-Nation because no one likes me in the real world.