Good Veggies On AB Diet?

OK some make think this is silly, but should we eat caned veggies or what? Oh yea and what kind.

Don’t eat things from a box or a can…

If you do remember that there is a High amount of salt in cans and foods in a box have all kinds of chemicals to preserve them…

The best choice is to make your own food…

Solid

[quote]swole wrote:
OK some make think this is silly, but should we eat caned veggies or what? Oh yea and what kind.[/quote]
I say you should always keep some canned veg (ausparagus, etc) in the panty with the canned tuna, chicken, etc for those times when you are too burnt out to cook or steam, the reasoning being that will be the time you are most vulnerable to giving in to cravings and wolf down that pound of kraft macaroni & cheese, Pizza, etc; (i.e. big ol’ carb up) and blow the diet out the door…It’s saved me a few times when the willpower was at risk…Not a perfect solution, but better than the alternative IMO…

I’d say get some frozen veggies instead, but blacksnake is right about it being better than kraft, etc.

If you buy canned veggies you can always rinse them off with fresh water. It won’t remove all of the sodium, but it’ll help a little.

Green beans are my canned vegetable of choice.

[quote]inthego wrote:
Don’t eat things from a box or a can…

If you do remember that there is a High amount of salt in cans…

Solid[/quote]

You could always look for the “No Salt Added” label.

Fresh food is always best but canned veggies won’t kill you. They are great in a pinch.

Canned vegetables are notoriously low in nutrition. Frozen ones are surprisingly close to fresh - since they’re picked when they’re actually ripe, blanched and flash-frozen, whereas fresh produce is often picked when unripe for shipping.

I avoid canned everything like the plague. But, as others have said - better than nothing. Just not by much.