Good Timing

Approval ratings for Bush at all time lows. (Check)

Approval ratings for republican-lead Congress are at all time lows. (Check)

Dow Jones Industrial, NASDAQ, most people’s 401K and Roth IRAs still below 2001 levels. (Check)

Abysmal job growth for last six years. Nearly all gains come from the government sector. (Check)

The median inflation adjusted wage has actually fallen since 2001. (Check)

Enegy and housing prices re-god-damn-diculous and eating up all gains in median cost of living increases and then some. (Check)

Trickle down economics still not “trickling down” six years later. (Check)

Political advertisements are just about to start running on TV and in print for the november elections. (Big check)

Election 2006 less than 90 days away and we get a terrorist attack, seemingly timed perfectly to coincide with the big PR push for 2006 political candidates. (Hyoooge check)

[quote]Tithonus81 wrote:
Approval ratings for Bush at all time lows. (Check)

Approval ratings for republican-lead Congress are at all time lows. (Check)

Dow Jones Industrial, NASDAQ, most people’s 401K and Roth IRAs still below 2001 levels. (Check)

Abysmal job growth for last six years. Nearly all gains come from the government sector. (Check)

The median inflation adjusted wage has actually fallen since 2001. (Check)

Enegy and housing prices re-god-damn-diculous and eating up all gains in median cost of living increases and then some. (Check)

Trickle down economics still not “trickling down” six years later. (Check)

Political advertisements are just about to start running on TV and in print for the november elections. (Big check)

Election 2006 less than 90 days away and we get a terrorist attack, seemingly timed perfectly to coincide with the big PR push for 2006 political candidates. (Hyoooge check)[/quote]

You got it.

[quote]Tithonus81 wrote:
A bunch of stupid shit[/quote]

In your little world, how exactly did this work?

Are the British in on it, or did Bush somehow sneek the Pakistani’s into England? Were the Pakistani’s in on it, or are they completely innocent? Was there even a plot? If not, are these Pakistani’s going to be thrown in a hole never to be heard from again or were they and all of their family members somehow playing a part of Bush’s secret plan to keep control of Congress?

I’d really like for you to lay out exactly how you think this went down today.

Chertoff said, “Currently, there is no indication, however, of plotting within the United States.”

[quote]Tithonus81 wrote:
Election 2006 less than 90 days away and we get a terrorist attack, seemingly timed perfectly to coincide with the big PR push for 2006 political candidates. (Hyoooge check)[/quote]

Oh brother.

I wanted to be the first to honor the hard work done by law enforcement on both sides of the Atlantic.

Nicely done. Thank you.

JeffR

I blame Karl Rove.

Wait - no I blamed him last time.

I blame Joe Lieberman. He’s Jewish, after all.

[quote]doogie wrote:
I’d really like for you to lay out exactly how you think this went down today.[/quote]

Al-Qaeda has two major priorities right now. Their first priority is to further advance their agenda and expand their base within the Middle East. Their second priority is the complete and utter destruction of the United States.

The best way to do that is to insure that the hard-liner republicans stay in power. The easiest way to insure Al-Qaeda’s popularity within the Middle East is to make sure that the United States continues to bomb and maim as many Arab civilians as possible and make sure that a biased support of Israel continues. The best way for Al-Qaeda to expand their funding base and find more supportive nations is to make sure the U.S. continues forward with it’s largely arrogant and very unpopular foreign policies.

The easiest way to bring ruin to the United States is to stretch them financially beyond their limits and disrupt their economy as much as possible. One could also argue that just keeping the current economic policies of this administration in tact is enough to send us the way of Argentina in two or three decades. We are simply spending far far too much money than we can ever afford to pay back. Every day we spend in Iraq now costs $6.5 billion. Every time we sabre rattle about taking military action with Iran the U.S. markets take a nose dive. Every terrorist attack brings market disruption and U.S. lay-offs. Every military engagement sends more of our money over to China.

The hawks have and will always remain bull-headed and short-sighted. And Al-Qaeda knows it’s all just a matter of time before we have too much on our plate.

Now… how does trying to blow up a bunch of jets heading to the U.S. 90-days before the 2006 election help keep the hawks in power? Isn’t this a redundant question?

Turn on your TV set.

[quote]Tithonus81 wrote:
doogie wrote:

Al-Qaeda has two major priorities right now. Their first priority is to further advance their agenda and expand their base within the Middle East. Their second priority is the complete and utter destruction of the United States.

The best way to do that is to insure that the hard-liner republicans stay in power. The easiest way to insure Al-Qaeda’s popularity within the Middle East is to make sure that the United States continues to bomb and maim as many Arab civilians as possible and make sure that a biased support of Israel continues. The best way for Al-Qaeda to expand their funding base and find more supportive nations is to make sure the U.S. continues forward with it’s largely arrogant and very unpopular foreign policies.

The easiest way to bring ruin to the United States is to stretch them financially beyond their limits and disrupt their economy as much as possible. One could also argue that just keeping the current economic policies of this administration in tact is enough to send us the way of Argentina in two or three decades. We are simply spending far far too much money than we can ever afford to pay back. Every day we spend in Iraq now costs $6.5 billion. Every time we sabre rattle about taking military action with Iran the U.S. markets take a nose dive. Every terrorist attack brings market disruption and U.S. lay-offs. Every military engagement sends more of our money over to China.

The hawks have and will always remain bull-headed and short-sighted. And Al-Qaeda knows it’s all just a matter of time before we have too much on our plate.

Now… how does trying to blow up a bunch of jets heading to the U.S. 90-days before the 2006 election help keep the hawks in power? Isn’t this a redundant question?

Turn on your TV set.

[/quote]

Thanks for that look into your insanity.

It’s sad that this admin always make us think this way, I forget why though…

oh yeah here’s why:

"US President George W. Bush seized on a foiled London airline bomb plot to hammer unnamed critics he accused of having all but forgotten the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.

Weighed down by the unpopular war in Iraq, Bush and his aides have tried to shift the national political debate from that conflict to the broader and more popular global war on terrorism ahead of November 7 congressional elections…

His remarks came a day after the White House orchestrated an exceptionally aggressive campaign to tar opposition Democrats as weak on terrorism, knowing what Democrats didn’t: News of the plot could soon break…

Bush aides on Thursday fought the notion that they had exploited their knowledge of the coming British raid to hit Democrats, saying the trigger had been the defeat of Democratic Senator Joseph Lieberman of Connecticut by an anti-war political novice…

Snow said Bush first learned in detail about the plot on Friday, and received two detailed briefings on it on Saturday and Sunday, as well as had two conversations about it with British Prime Minister Tony Blair.

But a senior White House official said that the British government had not launched its raid until well after Cheney held a highly unusual conference call with reporters to attack the Democrats as weak against terrorism…

On Wednesday, Cheney had suggested that Democrats believe “that somehow we can retreat behind our oceans and not be actively engaged in this conflict and be safe here at home, which clearly we know we won’t, we can’t, be,” he said.

While some Democrats have opposed some steps in the war on terrorism, and more and more are calling for a withdrawal from Iraq, no major figures in the party have called for a wholesale retreat in the broader conflict.

But Bush’s Republicans hoped the raid would yield political gains…

“Weeks before September 11th, this is going to play big,” said another White House official, who also spoke on condition of not being named, adding that some Democratic candidates won’t “look as appealing” under the circumstances."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060810/pl_afp/britainattacksairline_060810185330

The far left kook fringe has invaded T-Nation no less…

[quote]Tithonus81 wrote:
doogie wrote:

Turn on your TV set.

[/quote]

I agree. Osama loves Bush.

My God!!!

tit and lumpy,

You two are trully hilarious. So let me get this straight: Instead of admitting that NSA type survelliance just saved thousands of life and that the Administration MAY JUST HAVE BEEN RIGHT, you allege that it’s all a political ploy!!!

Further, you make the wonderful claim that Republicans help the enemy!!!

You’ve got to be freaking kidding me?

Note: check the 1990’s. democratic Administration–you going to tell me that al qaeda wasn’t deadly?

The difference, of course, is that much of the senior leadership is now dead, living in caves, or in prison.

I’ll bet they are shivering in fear thinking about a democratic Administration!!!

What a joke.

You two are great!!! Keep up the horrendous reasoning. It makes me laugh.

JeffR

[quote]reckless wrote:
I agree. Osama loves Bush.[/quote]

Well, that cinches it. osama hates Bush.

JeffR

This is just as ridiculous as Cheney’s claim that Lamont defeat of Lieberman in the Democratic primary in CT was a victory for Al-Queda types…whatever that means.

FYI - The Iraq war did not stop this plot from being hatched. British intelligence did.

The moral of the story is we are wasting money on Iraq and should be spending it on intelligence to keep track of the wackos.

[quote]JeffR wrote:
My God!!!

tit and lumpy,

You two are trully hilarious. So let me get this straight: Instead of admitting that NSA type survelliance just saved thousands of life and that the Administration MAY JUST HAVE BEEN RIGHT, you allege that it’s all a political ploy!!!

Further, you make the wonderful claim that Republicans help the enemy!!!

You’ve got to be freaking kidding me?

Note: check the 1990’s. democratic Administration–you going to tell me that al qaeda wasn’t deadly?

The difference, of course, is that much of the senior leadership is now dead, living in caves, or in prison.

I’ll bet they are shivering in fear thinking about a democratic Administration!!!

What a joke.

You two are great!!! Keep up the horrendous reasoning. It makes me laugh.

JeffR[/quote]

Hmmm…was this an example of domestic surveillance with out FISA warrants paying dividends? Probably not. So your point as always is moot.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
This is just as ridiculous as Cheney’s claim that Lamont defeat of Lieberman in the Democratic primary in CT was a victory for Al-Queda types…whatever that means.

FYI - The Iraq was did not stop this plot from being hatched. British intelligence did.

The moral of the story is we are wasting money on Iraq and should be spending it on intelligence to keep track of the wackos.[/quote]

British intelligence, with some nice assists from U.S. intelligence, courtesy of that financial transaction tracing that was so worthless because everyone already knows about it…

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1225453,00.html

EXCERPT:

Britain’s MI-5 intelligence service and Scotland Yard had been tracking the plot for several months, but only in the past two weeks had the plotters’ planning begun to crystallize, senior U.S. officials tell TIME. In the two or three days before the arrests, the cell was going operational, and authorities were pressed into action. MI5 and Scotland Yard agents tracked the plotters from the ground, while a knowledgeable American official says U.S. intelligence provided London authorities with intercepts of the group’s communications.

[quote]100meters wrote:

Hmmm…was this an example of domestic surveillance with out FISA warrants paying dividends? Probably not. So your point as always is moot.[/quote]

Seems to me there was a certain program related to SWIFT wires that was “exposed” by the NYT, amidst much hand-wringing on infringing on the rights of those who make international wire transfers…

[quote]100meters wrote:

Hmmm…was this an example of domestic surveillance with out FISA warrants paying dividends? Probably not. So your point as always is moot.[/quote]

BTW, quick hijack, but to the extent there ever was a problem with the FISA stuff, there won’t be soon:

http://volokh.com/archives/archive_2006_07_30-2006_08_05.shtml#1154122430

FISA was followed for the wire taps in this case.