Good Things at the Gym

to alongside our bitch and moan threads such as the legendry SRC thread, i propose this thread to tell of the awesome and cool things that we see at the gym.
last week, i had set the bar up for my working set of OHP, turned around to get a drink and and an old bloke who must have been 60+ was doing one handed deadlifts with impecable form! and today, a bloke was doing proper cleans going atg (i have to train in a faux-bodybuilder gym)

I saw an old women sweating like a pig.

Chicks, hott ones.

I just came back from the gym. There was a guy doing one-handed barbell shoulder presses. He worked up to 130lbs.

Some guy said he was gonna train legs. Another guy said, “Only girls train legs.” Like five people turned around and told him real men train legs. Granted the guys leg routine consisted of medicine ball squats on both a bosu ball and the vibrating machine thingy, but he went ATG and acknowledged that one should actually train legs. If you had been to my gym, youd understand why this is a plus.

Most of the staff at my gym are awesome. Including two very fine looking lifeguards…

peanut butter shakes

2 pro npc bodubuilders, over 30 powerlifters, josh mcmillan used to train there

Hotties at the gym

being complimented on how strong I am and how good I look by others :smiley:

Asian girls working out.

I noticed one guy who was squatting parallel. WAY TO GO!!!

College gym, it’s virtually deserted when I go at 7am.

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
College gym, it’s virtually deserted when I go at 7am. [/quote]

everyone else is probably nursing a hangover or worse lol

[quote]horsepuss wrote:
Chicks, hott ones.[/quote]

x2

[quote]GETTODECHOPPAAA wrote:
horsepuss wrote:
Chicks, hott ones.

x2[/quote]

Haha… there was a figure chick working on her posing routine at my gym tonight. Her waist is so tiny! Wow.

What I love about my new gym is that I’m just a baby powerlifter and there are a ton of really strong guys and a few very strong women. The gym staff has been really proactive in being like, “Hey Lucy you need to meet so and so, they’ll help you out.” This happened today and I got to spend half an hour with one of the veteran PLers and got good advice and my squat and deadlift critiqued a bit. :-))))))))))

sluicy I so wish my gym was like that at most I have like 2 or 3 veterans in my gym as it is a small establishment, damn uve made me jealous nw :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]manga_07 wrote:
sluicy I so wish my gym was like that at most I have like 2 or 3 veterans in my gym as it is a small establishment, damn uve made me jealous nw :P[/quote]

Mine isn’t big, it’s just where everyone congregates because the gym has the equipment. I just happened to stumble across it on yellowpages.com, as they don’t advertise anywhere or even have a website. I don’t know where you live but if you do some hunting you may find something.

a power rack that no one uses, meaning its always free.

At my gym we have a young Iraq war veteran–paraplegic. Came into the gym self-conscious, uncertain, little awkward about what exercises he could do given his new limitations.

Everyone at gym has opened up to him, encourages him, helps him when he needs it, and leaves him alone when he doesn’t. Everyone has made it their goal to make him feel the hero he is.

Sometimes people can shock you in pleasant ways.

I have an out-door gym in my backyard. I am surrounded by trees, but for the birds it is quiet. I can exercise in my shorts in the sun and I have done squats in the driving rain.

This is my happy place.