Good Strength Training Workouts?

I’m fairly new to building and already know workouts and ways to get big(all natural) what I really want now is workouts specifically upgrading you strength. I want to do it all natural, no supplement, roids, grow, etc.

[quote]Evil Dude625 wrote:
roids [/quote]

trust me, we all remember your thread in the steroids section.\

rippetoes, then WSFSB.

what do your maxes look like?

Rippetoe Westside and typically anything by Dan John. So taking a supplement is unnatural? Gee, I hope I don’t get tested for whey.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Rippetoe Westside and typically anything by Dan John. So taking a supplement is unnatural? Gee, I hope I don’t get tested for whey.[/quote]

yeah man, my nerves are always tense. I always watch the door for the DEA when mixing my PWO shake in the locker room.

Don’t be surprised thedude. Thats the latest fad at my local high school. it goes like this, “hey did you hear Jimmy is on whey protein?” I was drinking water from my jug when I overheard this trash. Needless to say i broke out laughing, water shooting everywhere.

I’ve been doing http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508031
and to be honest i hate full body work outs but i have seen pretty good strength gains so far but im only new to it so i don’t know what it would be like for some that that has been lifting for awhile.

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Don’t be surprised thedude. Thats the latest fad at my local high school. it goes like this, “hey did you hear Jimmy is on whey protein?” I was drinking water from my jug when I overheard this trash. Needless to say i broke out laughing, water shooting everywhere.[/quote]

I’m well aware of this nonsense. I’ve had some of my students discussing how creatine is like steroids, messes up your body, and other unproven garbage. I had to bite my tongue. They also thought another student, weighing in at a heavy 170, maybe, was huge. He could even bench 200 lbs. Wow.

[edit - my school currently does not have a football team, so someone weighing close to 200 lbs would be large … to them.]

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Growing_Boy wrote:
Don’t be surprised thedude. Thats the latest fad at my local high school. it goes like this, “hey did you hear Jimmy is on whey protein?” I was drinking water from my jug when I overheard this trash. Needless to say i broke out laughing, water shooting everywhere.

I’m well aware of this nonsense. I’ve had some of my students discussing how creatine is like steroids, messes up your body, and other unproven garbage. I had to bite my tongue. They also thought another student, weighing in at a heavy 170, maybe, was huge. He could even bench 200 lbs. Wow.

[edit - my school currently does not have a football team, so someone weighing close to 200 lbs would be large … to them.][/quote]

I gave my western civ class a 20 minute biology lesson, because some kid couldn’t deal with the fact I was stronger then he is. “but you take roids”. We live in some pretty sad times.

What’s your reasoning behind this?

I also wish that I could avoid taking supplements, they are a bit of a nuisance. But your missing out on some small time windows by trying to do it the natural way.
In example, you have a 45 minute window after exercising to get carbs/protein to your muscles for optimal uptake. After 2 hours, you will be insulin resistant and your uptake will go from 300% to about 12% (this is from Nutrient Timing). Natural foods take a lot of time to be processed and then utilized. So you may get part of that 2 hour window but you will for sure miss out on the 45 minute window.

I am babbling now. Just ask if you want further clarification.

I personally would recommend you to try, at some point, Bill Starr 5x5 Linear Version for Intermediate Lifters. As opposed to Rippetoe’s, it ramps (increases) the weight from set to set slowly at about a 12.5% increase per set. This prevents muscle fatigue and really allows you to hit a PR on your final set of 5, instead of failing because you are too tired. Also, since you will be squatting 3x/week, benching and rowing 2x/week, the decreased workload from ramping weights as opposed to lifting your max for 5 reps all 5 sets will ensure that you can handle the program instead of burning out.

Here is a link to the program.

Before, you start, read the WHOLE page and then download the primer. Reading the page takes maybe 10 minutes at the most but can save you a whole lot of time in the future.

EDIT: I just want to make it clear that I don’t recommend you starting with this program, but maybe trying it when you are at a more experienced stage. Perhaps it would be appropriate to try this program after you stall on Rippetoe’s, or after you feel you are ready to try a new program.