Good Stack for Recovery?

Ok, ive gotten some good advice about how to break away from my purly cosmetic and useless bizeps and abs habits. BUT what should i throw into the mix that can rival what some gear can do, a cycle of D had me crushing the hell out of weights like i never knew imaginable, however that is a foolish choice for me at this point and i learned this already 2 years ago.

ok

so far im using the CL stack of

white flood
purple wratch
and green magnitude

what kind of stuff can i add in there to rebuild torn tissue FAST, what ever happend to MAG-10? Anaconda is just a myth to us at this point…trial and error is a very expensive process in this field. any help? i love testosterone enhancers but not the acne and baldness that comes wiht it, any suggestions?

This is how I know god isn’t real; he wouldn’t have created posters like you.

Surge Workout Fuel, Surge Recovery, Alpha GPC, BCAA’s, Creatine, BETA-7, and ReceptorMax, are my workout fuel and recovery supps. I highly recommend them.

D

this is probably real

Honestly? This might upset a few people, but I think most supplements are a complete waste of money. I think though, even if someone had told me that, before I wasted god knows how much money on them, I still would have parted with my money. Simply because supplement companys are so damn good at making their products sound like they are going to make you get results 10 times faster. Sounds like they have you hooked.

milk and sleep?

[quote]ect0m0rph wrote:
Honestly? This might upset a few people, but I think most supplements are a complete waste of money. I think though, even if someone had told me that, before I wasted god knows how much money on them, I still would have parted with my money. Simply because supplement companys are so damn good at making their products sound like they are going to make you get results 10 times faster. Sounds like they have you hooked.[/quote]

I dunno guy, I went from being a skinny fat 180 pound guy who could barely bench his bodyweight at one time to weighing a solid 215 at one point and benching 315. I also squatted at one time 405 for twenty reps and can deadlift over 400 for reps. Now, at 39 years (one week) old I can still bench over 300 I can still squat 315 for up to eight solid deep ATG reps, and can still deadlift over 400 for reps. Those aren’t remarkable numbers, but pretty good from where I started from and are able to maintain into my middle aged years. What have been the consistent things since I started? Training for ten plus years, eating enough for growth, and quality supplementation.

Now, I know there are tons of snake oil type companies and products out there ready to take a eager newbies money, but if you do your research there are quality products/supplements that will help you grow in size and strength if you cover your bases of lifting hard and eating enough.

D

i definatly beleive in sups, i have another post on here about my weighttraining sins, but reguardless of the experienced veteren hazing you get on pretty much any bodybuilding site when blatantly posting about insanly bad cosmetic routines or anything AT ALL to do with the improvment of abs over size and strength i appreciate the sound advice for my future program im trying to plot.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
ect0m0rph wrote:
Honestly? This might upset a few people, but I think most supplements are a complete waste of money. I think though, even if someone had told me that, before I wasted god knows how much money on them, I still would have parted with my money. Simply because supplement companys are so damn good at making their products sound like they are going to make you get results 10 times faster. Sounds like they have you hooked.

I dunno guy, I went from being a skinny fat 180 pound guy who could barely bench his bodyweight at one time to weighing a solid 215 at one point and benching 315. I also squatted at one time 405 for twenty reps and can deadlift over 400 for reps. Now, at 39 years (one week) old I can still bench over 300 I can still squat 315 for up to eight solid deep ATG reps, and can still deadlift over 400 for reps. Those aren’t remarkable numbers, but pretty good from where I started from and are able to maintain into my middle aged years. What have been the consistent things since I started? Training for ten plus years, eating enough for growth, and quality supplementation.

Now, I know there are tons of snake oil type companies and products out there ready to take a eager newbies money, but if you do your research there are quality products/supplements that will help you grow in size and strength if you cover your bases of lifting hard and eating enough.

D[/quote]

I think you would have made the same great progress just eating enough and lifting hard consistently…and saved yourself a load of money in the process.

[quote]ect0m0rph wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
ect0m0rph wrote:

D

I think you would have made the same great progress just eating enough and lifting hard consistently…and saved yourself a load of money in the process.

[/quote]

I think you’re missing the point in that one of the main factors to many supplements is convenience.

For example, I could go out of the way to eat wild salmon, coconut, and other unique foods on a daily basis to get the nutrients found in Flameout and FA3, but it’s much easier for me to use these supplements.

As for cost, it’s probably less expensive to do the supplement route in this case.

The same can be said for many core supplements.

While, I’ll just say the protein supplements definitely helped me meet protein requirements over the years. I’ve definitely felt the difference in recovery a product like Surge and BCAA’s has provided me. Creatine has been definitely been beneficial as well as test boosters like Alpha Male and TRIBEX. And, I whole heartedly believe in the health benefit from products like Flameout, Superfood, REZ-V, and FA3.

I do agree if people are doing sub par training or rather just enough to disqualify them from being called totally inactive, example one whose daily exercise is walking around the block, then they’ll never even need to know what a product like Surge is capable of.

But, if you are engaged in training to break down muscle in order to grow it back bigger and stronger or you are pushing the limits to become an elite athlete such as a cyclist or other breaking the barriers kind of athlete, then the benefit of quality advanced supplementation is understood.

D

[quote]ect0m0rph wrote:
Dedicated wrote:
ect0m0rph wrote:

D

[/quote]

Supplements aren’t magic and Dedicated didn’t say they were. His hard work and ‘dedication’ were undoubtedly supported by his mostly intelligent supplementation. It’s probably true that those who purchase supplements waste some money, but it’s not true that all of it is a waste. Some waste is innevitable, especially when you try an new and or novel product. It’s not deniable though that supplements like super high quality protein (Biotest) and creatine work. So don’t be bitter that you are puny and poor just because you wasted your money on something that didn’t work, or because you didn’t work and eat hard enough to make a good product produce results.

and obviously protein and creatine are not the only products that work, but I limited it to those for argument’s sake. The line becomes fuzzy around other products, but ultimately if you want to try a supplement you have to go in with the understanding that it WILL not produce amazing results. I have no doubts that all current Biotest products do deliver results though.

[quote]theunionforever wrote:
white flood
purple wratch
and green magnitude[/quote]

These are all crappy-looking kitchen sink-type formulas.

White flood: A nitric oxide formula that contains, among other things, ornithine. Last time I remember reading anything positive about ornithine, shady supplements like boron and vanadyl sulfate were also “the in thing.” While it also contains Beta-alanine and tyrosine, the doses are fairly low, so I wouldn’t expect them to be very beneficial.

The “energy & antioxidant flood complex” is a mish-mash of 18 different vitamins, aminos, herbs, and extracts. Again, it screams of a kitchen sink formula. Throw in lots of stuff, and it’ll look cool on the label.

Purple wraath: First off, I like how they spell it “wraath”, with two A’s… because is has amino acids in it. Get it? … … Sheesh. It does appear to contain all the essential aminos, but again, in a total of 7 grams per serving, you’re not getting much of any of them.

It almost gets kudos for including Beta-alanine and citrulline malate (with ginger root?!?), but one more time, they have them as part of a 2.7 grams dose. Surge Workout Fuel contains more than 7 grams of the MAG-10 amino primer (citrulline malate, leucine [the most important BCAA], and Beta-alanine). In this sense, and in all others, SWF will kick Purple wraath’s aass. (Get it? Tee-hee, tee-hee.)

Green magnitude: A creatine formula that contains some of the less-effective forms of creatine? Awesome. :slight_smile: Add in a low dose of tyrosine and a gratuitous dose of taurine, and you’ve got another very blah supplement. The only thing I like about it is the magnesium content, which is much more easily gotten, for about one-third of the price, from a basic ZMA formula.

[quote]ect0m0rph wrote:
I think you would have made the same great progress just eating enough and lifting hard consistently…and saved yourself a load of money in the process. [/quote]

Bodybuilders have been using protein powders and specialized supplements (liver tablets, wheat germ, cod liver oil, etc.) since the 1950’s, in order to get stronger, bigger, and leaner because they knew that just lifting and eating whole foods wasn’t optimal.

Eating “enough” whole foods plus smart training plus proper supplementation will produce better results in shorter time than eating “enough” whole foods plus smart training. Not to sounds overly-cheesy, but a lifter in the 21-st century has no reason not to maximize his results by including the right supplements at the right time, assuming of course, that diet and training are already dialed in.

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Now, at 39 years (one week) old[/quote]

Cool beans. I turned 30 last week. I’m now old, but you’re older. This makes me smile. Happy b-day, brother. :wink:

[quote]

Cool beans. I turned 30 last week. I’m now old, but you’re older. This makes me smile. Happy b-day, brother. ;)[/quote]

Haha, I am still a young man damnit! This coming Sat. (not a week ago if I was unclear) I will enter my 39th year of life and will have to enjoy my last year of my thirties. Oh well, no biggie maybe it’s just wishful thinking (nah) but I see the forties as being good fun years no doubt to the good health my exercise and judicious use of ‘quality’ supplements has wrought.

Thanks for B day wishes, youngster.

D

None of the supps you listed even have calories. I know BCAAs and fancy things like that don’t necessarily have them (but those look like crappy supps anyway)… but you’re trying to gain right? Calories are good for gaining.

Hey guys, I never said all supplements are bad, I said MOST. And I will stand by that, because mostof the stuff out there is complete garbage and really not going to make much difference in the grand scheme of things . I completely agree that some supplements can make things more convenient and even save you some money- i take these myself. But Beyond the basics of a fast digesting protein and carb powder around workout time and perhaps a slower digesting protein to make shakes at other times, you are spending alot of money for very, very little (in some cases zero) return.

OP needs to get growing with the basics, not overanalyze shit worrying about if hes getting enough vanadyl sulfate or some other hyped up trace mineral LOL, stuff like that just leads to paralysis by analysis and you end up losing sight of the things that really matter.

yeah, 40s and 50s can be the best years of a mans life, financialy and stress wise. speacialy if your kids are out of the house. im only 25 but i can see my 30s totaly sucking after i get married. half of my wants to just stay single and live like a single prick my whole life.