Good Springtime Running Shoes

I have a pair of Nike Free 7.0 which are great however the roads are dirty and wet here and this is not an ideal shoe. So rather than low cut boots I was wondering are there good running shoes for these conditions? Anybody have suggestions?

I had a girl friend who had Nike black running shoes that seemed perfect for these conditions is there an equivalent? Thanks.

You’re worried about getting a little wet and dirty?

Seriously? Just wash your shoes, dude.

Uh no, water will infiltrate the nike free shoes. Just looking for a good running shoe to do outside work and cardio during springtime. I don’t mind if my shoes are dirty but I mind if my feet are wet.

However I do prefer clean shoes than dirty shoes personnaly, thus the “black” shoes I was talking about. I am sure they exist and was wondering if anybody had shoes like this.

If you’re serious about getting a good pair of shoes, go to a running specialty store, and they’ll find some good options for you. Bring whatever pair of shoes you currently run in and they’ll analyze your gait and match you up with something good. If you’re a big dude, you’ll probably get some stability shoes like the Brooks Beast (if they still make them) or some equivalent.

If you don’t care that much, go to a sports store and try on a couple of pairs and see how the feel, jog around the store.

[quote]hit the gym wrote:
<<<I don’t mind if my shoes are dirty but I mind if my feet are wet.[/quote]

I also hate having wet feet, but when wearing Smartwool socks it is tolerable. Wool is better than any other fiber for socks, and Smartwool really is the best of the wool socks.

For keeping feet dry, you want Gore-tex. I have Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR trail runners with Gore-tex that keep my feet completely dry.

[quote]andersons wrote:
For keeping feet dry, you want Gore-tex. I have Montrail Hurricane Ridge XCR trail runners with Gore-tex that keep my feet completely dry.[/quote]

Yep; can use goretex shoes, although they’re usually not comfortable (refer to: not made for) running a lot. I use SealSkinz socks with a pair of Adidas Supernovas, that way I get the comfort of a good pair of running shoes and not get swamp feet.