Good Speed Training DVD

[quote]eic wrote:
The problem stems from way too many acronyms (e.g., “PIM” or “OI”) that no one can make heads or tails of it. This is a very common complaint about the system. The articles clealry assume that the reader already have a base of knowledge about the system. I can’t tell whether this is intentional or not, but I have recommendations either way:
[/quote]

Read the article on the site by KB entitled “Inno-Sport Basics”. If you don’t have a decent grasp of the system after a couple of read-throughs of that (lengthy) article, then I would seriously question your reading comprehension.

I mean, people are gaga over Supertraining, and I’ve never read a book that is denser or more difficult to understand when it comes to training, yet the information is worthwhile and if you just read things over a couple of times you can understand it.

To me, Korfist and Fitcher are the “new face” of Inno-Sport, taking a mass of ideas and boiling it down into simple concepts that are quite easy to understand. Some of “DB Hammer’s” stuff is decent, but some of it is way out there and personally I don’t like the attitude that he conveys in his articles.

Read the “Building a Champion the Inno-Sport Way” article series. Video analysis and simple planning to improve an athlete. If you can’t get anything out of that series, you just don’t want to.

Thanks Dan. Makes sense. Just do what I’m doing with this small number of kids and do the same with a big number. 80 kids? That is a big group. You know I think the training is very clear. The backlash comes from the fact that this training is truly unique.

I’ve read and tried: Gambetta, Westide speed (there was a manual/video put out by Louie Simmons and Kent Johnson several years back), The famous Luke Lowery system and Baggett. The best results I have seen in kids I have trained and in my own speed, have come from this DVD series.

Shoot I laid out a couple hundred for the Lowery system. It wasn’t bad. But I did not see miraculous mind blowing dunks either :slight_smile: nor did the kids I put through it. They got about 4-6 inches on their verts with the Lowery system.

However with Dan’s DVD I have seen some improvement I didn’t think possible. Exhibit A: 16 year old 5’11" 160 pound Anglo-Saxon American Male. Ran a dirt pounding 5.88 40. I actually went in the house and had dinner waiting for him to hit the finish line. This was last November.

Two weeks ago: 5.1 and he is finally looking like a runner. I myself all of 42 years old and beat up, washed up knees hit a 2.41 flying 20 just two days ago. When I started out approx Last September the best I could do was something like 3.24 and then I couldn’t walk for a day or two after.

Now I feel great or pretty good anyway. So there, that’s what this is about: results. Besides Vicka is pretty hot!!

Barry

Dan,

While we have your attention.

How do YOU set up training for the NHLers you work with. Say during a cycle focusing on conditioning.

EIC, if one merely takes their time and reads through the materials carefully then there should be no problem comprehending the system. Personally, I think all the acronyms make talking about training much easier and more exact. I’m sure a lot of the Inno-Sport fans on here will agree with me on that too.

I second jtrinsey’s suggestion of finding Kelly Baggett’s article summary of the Inno system. It breaks things down and should get you on your way to conprehending the material. After that, I would pick up The Sports Book. It was the single best investment I have made during my training career.

Put some time in, get your bearings, and you will see some spectacular results.

Hello Dan,

What is your approach to rehab/prehab for knee and achilles tendinopathy problems?
I’ve read the articles on the site but haven’t found information regarding correcting these problems.
Any thoughts?

Regards,
L

I got a few days to relax coming up so I will get to work on the following. How we handle rehab, handling lots of kids,how we train are NHLers and other questions you may have. Again, not saying we are perfect but I can tell you what we have had success with.

Dan Fichter

[quote]RJ24 wrote:
EIC, if one merely takes their time and reads through the materials carefully then there should be no problem comprehending the system. Personally, I think all the acronyms make talking about training much easier and more exact. I’m sure a lot of the Inno-Sport fans on here will agree with me on that too.

I second jtrinsey’s suggestion of finding Kelly Baggett’s article summary of the Inno system. It breaks things down and should get you on your way to conprehending the material. After that, I would pick up The Sports Book. It was the single best investment I have made during my training career.

Put some time in, get your bearings, and you will see some spectacular results.

[/quote]

Thanks for the input RJ. When I wrote my last post I’d already read Kelly Baggett’s explanation once and still came out a little confused. I guess I’ll have to give it another go if you and JTrinsey, the only two track athletes I know of on here, both recommend the system.

As for the acronyms, I’m sure they make things simpler for those in the know, but for newcomers, it is a serious obstacle. In legal writing, one usually follows the formal name with the acronym that will be used thereafter. For example, I might say something like the follow: “This article will focus on a unique and troubling aspect of the Drug Enfrocement Agency’s (DEA) attempts to combat drug trafficking. For years the DEA has taken the position that . . . .” Something like that is all I’m asking for. I’ll see how it goes trying to re-read everything.