Good Speed Training DVD

Hey all,

You might want to check out the speed training DVD from Dan Fichter, Chris Korfist and Brad Nutall. I’ve been training some High School Football players using the workouts from this DVD and have had quite a bit of success. One kid has knocked .7 off his 40. These kids are a mixed bag of abilities. They run from 5.6 to 4.7 in the 40. All of them are making great gains. The training is very different but very effective.

Can you post a link, or title? Where can I get it? Can you list some of the highpoints of the video?

www.wannagetfast.com./about.html

A simple google search of their names will lead you to their website.

jtrinsey is right. The link he posted is the one. High points of the DVD: You get a Full Program and an explanation of how and why it works. I personally like how Dan explains that they don’t teach form running. Don’t know how much time I have spent teaching ‘form’ running with little or no improvement in sprint time.

Haven’t seen the new DVD. Just ordered it. Another thing I like is the Auto regulation part of the training. I have dozens of training programs and have personally tried all of them. Some make me puke and some work ok but this AREG stuff seems to really work. Simple but effective.

I trained with korfist this past year of high school and we used all the speed training techniques that are in this video. It brought my 400 meter dash down 3 seconds to a 47.7, my 200 down from a 22 high to about a 22.0 and my 100 meter dash down below 11 seconds.

I have never done any training like this before but the results really showed. I felt so much more power in my running and got faster acceleration and top end speed. Korfists drills took me to the next level.

I have both DVD’s… they are nothing less then brilliant. I’ve used the techniques with just about all of my speed seeking athletes, and the results have been fantastic.

One of my athletes came to me at 169 pounds running a 5.1 40. 4 months later he is 186 pounds and was clocked in at a 4.7 40 at his last combine. (note I am in no way affiliated with any combines. This one in particular was run by one of my competitiors.)

Needless to say I am rather excited about the future of training with this system.

This DVD goes against the grain of most conventional thinking. If anyone is serious about speed enhancement, this is it. They don’t have to worry about copying every other speed DVD…this one is unique and it works. All athletes should “NOT” train the same way.

I have 2 sons who have both increased their speed in one season under this program, than the last 3 seasons combined. Both were trained differently according to their strengths and weaknesses. Good job fellas!

Thanks for the kind words guys! We try to get the best info out to people. I might own every speed training video on the market. They just don?t cover what’s real. Technique is not the answer. Fixing technique from the inside out is the goal of our DVD?s. Enjoy!

Feel free to ask questions too!

Dan Fichter

The workouts, techniques, and explanations are awesome in this DVD. I train high school athletes and since I have incorporated this type of training I have seen results that I never have seen before. Such as in 40s, vertical jumps, standing long jumps, and agility tests. This training takes the average to above average and the above average to great.

Above all, by using these methods my kids play fast also. Their speed and explosion is reproduced on the field during game times when it really matters the most.

Hi Dan,

Are you guys coming out with another book any time soon? Or even another article on the site? I need more innosport stuff to read!

Yup, you guys are having the same kind of results I am. I did get the new DVD and it is very good. Most of the kids I work with are still on the basic template but one kid I have started on the intermediate stuff and he is doing real good.

One question I have Dan is how do you incorporate this type training with a team? Say 35-40 players. I have a small group of kids sometimes and sometimes just two. Another question I have is what about in season training. Just on the high school level mind you.

Later, Barry

I have worked with Chris for the past seven months. When we got started I was running a 5.1 40. Prior to that I was a little faster, but improper training had slowed me down.
I would send him video footage of my sprint and he knew exactly what was slowing me down. We got right to work. It took time and precise execution but my most recent timing was a 4.53. I was blown away. Never, in a million years did I ever imagine running a time like that. How these guys’ stuff hasn’t caught on quicker is beyond me.

I will answer more later, but for now you can get a few exercises set up on a rotation. I coached 80 kids last year at one time. They cycle through the exercises based on their needs. It makes practice run even smoother than before. I?ll go into it a little more tonight with time permitting!
Thanks,
Dan Fichter

[quote]ericlainson wrote:
How these guys’ stuff hasn’t caught on quicker is beyond me.[/quote]

They are not very popular here because a couple of the authors (Charles Staley, for example) don’t agree with them.

Some old threads:

A discussion that degrades rather quickly-
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1022685&pageNo=0

A parody thread-
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1028038

Wow! Let?s not start getting all up in a frenzy here. Again the system is never complete (no system is), nor do we (Chris and I) claim to know everything. We have been lucky to learn some great things that have worked very well for us. The system makes plenty of sense and is not hard to understand…really!

We attack where athletes need help…no more no less. Training is as complex as the person talking about it makes it. If you want the science explanation…you?ll get one answer, if you want the layman?s answer, we can do that too. I have seen so many articles (some of which I pull information out of) who try to complex things just the way people say we do?

This site is guilty of that also. Is that wrong? Again, we think the DVD is pretty good at explaining how we train. It?s fine if it doesn?t fit your style, beliefs, or terminology, but on the other hand we like it very much. It answers almost every question I have ever had that most programs couldn?t answer. It stood the test!

I have studied a lot of different systems. All have value! I learned from every one of them. We just tried to compile what we think works, and make a DVD. A lot is Inno-Sport, some is not. The search will never stop on my part. If I stop learning or think I arrived, then I?m done coaching. I hope that doesn?t offend anyone.

Dan Fichter

Because their articles are so unbelievably unclear that they almost start to make sense again. The DVD sounds good, but I’m not sure I want to spend the cash on a product that I know nothing about.

[quote]dan416 wrote:
Wow! Let?s not start getting all up in a frenzy here. Again the system is never complete (no system is), nor do we (Chris and I) claim to know everything. We have been lucky to learn some great things that have worked very well for us. The system makes plenty of sense and is not hard to understand…really!

We attack where athletes need help…no more no less. Training is as complex as the person talking about it makes it. If you want the science explanation…you?ll get one answer, if you want the layman?s answer, we can do that too. I have seen so many articles (some of which I pull information out of) who try to complex things just the way people say we do?

This site is guilty of that also. Is that wrong? Again, we think the DVD is pretty good at explaining how we train. It?s fine if it doesn?t fit your style, beliefs, or terminology, but on the other hand we like it very much. It answers almost every question I have ever had that most programs couldn?t answer. It stood the test!

I have studied a lot of different systems. All have value! I learned from every one of them. We just tried to compile what we think works, and make a DVD. A lot is Inno-Sport, some is not. The search will never stop on my part. If I stop learning or think I arrived, then I?m done coaching. I hope that doesn?t offend anyone.

Dan Fichter

[/quote]

Dan,

I have no personal stake in this discussion either way, but let me say this: I am training to be a sprinter. With that in mind, I became quite interested in Inno-Sport from what others have said, so I went to your website. I was hoping to get some sense of what the system is all about, but unfortunately that proved impossible because your articles are so difficult to understand.

The problem stems from way too many acronyms (e.g., “PIM” or “OI”) that no one can make heads or tails of it. This is a very common complaint about the system. The articles clealry assume that the reader already have a base of knowledge about the system. I can’t tell whether this is intentional or not, but I have recommendations either way:

If the ambiguity inherent in your materials is an accident, you absolutely must find and hire an editor to help you clean the material up. Someone to rewrite all of that stuff and provide a glossary for people to understand it.

If the ambiguity is intentional, then I strongly encourage you to re-think this strategy. You offer a new approach to training but the average athlete can’t figure out what your system is all about. Then you offer the DVD which apparently makes everything really easy to understand. That is all fine and dandy, but no one is going to spend the money to buy a DVD for a system that they can’t figure out to begin with.

It’s like I have a black box and I ask you if you want to buy the contents of the box for $30. Naturally, you ask what’s it in and I give you some vague response so that you really have no idea what’s inside. Are you going to pay me? Probably not, and so it is with your DVD.

If you could write something that gave people a basic grasp of your system and put it out there for free then I have a feeling that sales of your DVD (and other products) would skyrocket. This is, afterall, a sales strategy that a lot of manufacturers use with great success.

Of course, you sound like you’re not all about making the most money, which I respect, but this strategy is also the best way to disseminate your product to as many people as possible. Spread your message by making it less difficult to comprehend.

I’ll have to say that Dan and CK’s articles are not ambiguous at all. The DB hammer ones are and brad nuttalls can be confusing (but his stuff does make sense), but Dan and CK’s articles are quite clear and understandable.

FWIW I also really like CK’s articles where he breaks down video of one of his athletes, identifying their weakness, and what needs to be done to correct them

Anyhow, I guess my rambling is just saying, you cant hold Dan and CK accountable for DB Hammers poor writing ability.

We are honestly trying to bridge the gap. What we have learned is there is a reason for the terminology. It has its place, but we do understand you guys want the quick and easy version. We have no problem with that, and that?s really why we made the DVD.

The really cool thing is we have some new research and training techniques we have been working on that have shown some great promise. Can?t wait to get this out! Again, not bragging but it works for us. This blog is a lot better natured than ones I have seen in the past. That we thank you guys for. If it?s about good training information?..count me in!!!

Folks, let me say I have both DVD’s and they are fantastic. I’ve also had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with both Dan and Chris, and I can say beyond a shadow of a dount they are both great guys who are just trying to get their training system out.

Both have given me so much help with my techniques on speed and strength training it is amazing. (Chris actually let me fly out to Illinois and follow him around for a few days while he worked with his athletes.)

Unlike most other strength coaches in the industry, these guys care. They show respect to everyone they meet, and are extremely willing to share information…unlike some other people I have met in this industry.