T Nation

Good Sleeping Pills?

Hi all,

Do any of you take sleeping pills?

I’ve been having very shitting nights trying to get to sleep and would like to try some (if not dangerous at all).

I’m not talking about ZMA (which I take everynight), not help during sleep but actually a supplement GETTING to sleep. Thanks.

Ambien works, I fall asleep in ten minutes no matter what, but you can only take it five to seven nights before you have to cycle off.

Clients of mine take melatonin and in past days of choas & confusion GHB worked wonders.lol

Lol, GHB will knock you out hard, but will probably fuck up your brain chemistry too.

Melatonin is good, as well as 5-HTP and GABA (the non-brain damaging alternative to GHB, because it doesn’t cross the blood brain barrier)

I know some of our breathing apparatus/mobility training videos work very well. No amount of Spike/HOT-ROX can combat these things, can send you some copies if you’d like.

Diphenhydramine.

Tylenol PM, Benedryl, Simply Sleep or any generic/store brand equivilent containing 25mg Diphenhydramine HCL. One or two half an hour before bed and you’ll be out like a light for at least 4-6 hours.

Non habit forming and very few sides. Some people get blurry vision, but I’ve never noticed anything.

Plain ol’ melatonin from GNC works well for me; I take two about 1/2 hour before I want to go to sleep, and I usually sleep like a rock.

If none of the above gets you to sleep, wack off three times. Always works.

Do you guys take melatonin before your last meal before bed?

This is what I’m currently doing:

10:00 PM - ZMA
10:45 - Last Meal
11:00 - Melatonin
11:15 - Sleep

Seem okay? Or do you suggest taking melatonin before the last meal?

[quote]mark57 wrote:
Diphenhydramine.

Tylenol PM, Benedryl, Simply Sleep or any generic/store brand equivilent containing 25mg Diphenhydramine HCL. One or two half an hour before bed and you’ll be out like a light for at least 4-6 hours.

Non habit forming and very few sides. Some people get blurry vision, but I’ve never noticed anything. [/quote]

Iprefer Ambien, but I can’t get a script. Simply Sleep is the next best thing.

I usually take it right after my last meal, but about 30 minutes before going to bed. Works well for me that way, but you could also experiment with taking it before your last meal.

I can also vouch for the wacking-off technique ;^)