T Nation

Good Routine To Follow While On TRT?

I’m about to be on TRT and was curious what’s a good routine to follow while on it. I currently do 531.

If a Total T score is all you have, then more than likely thing may not go so well. There are many labs needed before undertaking TRT. Pre-TRT estrogen that is on the higher end, then once weekly or twice weekly injections will likely not work well.

You should post all lab including ranges, labs needed before TRT commences.

• Total T
  • Free T
  • SHBG
  • Estradiol Sensitive (E2)
  • LH-Luteinizing Hormone
  • FSH-Follicle stimulating hormone
  • Prolactin
  • Cortisol
  • Ferritin
  • Thyroid Panel
  • CBC-complete blood count
  • Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
  • Lipid profile/panel

That’s a lifting program, not a Total T

1 Like

Whatever one that gets you in the gym and keeps you in there consistently and gives you a way to progress towards whatever your goal is.

Honestly man there are so many programs out there it’s hard to name one. I have heard good things about 5/3/1, so if you enjoy it run it. I like a bro split, but that’s what I enjoy.

My question is what is a good workout routine to follow while one it.

What are your goals? Physique? Strength? Mass? Just don’t say “tone”, I would have to flame you for that.

Will I tone my legs more if I do squats on bosu ball? I really want to lengthen my muscles, will pilates work? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Physique

Zumba bro

I think you gave him too many options.

1 Like

Stay on 531 if you like it. If not, make a switch.

531 is so easy to tweak for your goals. The key is to be consistent, reflect, tweak.

I’m on TRT, and have been running 531 for years, off and on. I love it.

1 Like

You would not run anything different from anyone not on it. Don’t know where the notion of doing something different stems from.

1 Like

Yeah any template off Tnation by Dan John , Waterbury, Wendler etc