Good Results w/ 10 Min. Training?

Hye,

My question is abit out of the ordinary, but here it goes.

Is it possible to get ripped/ huge/Maintain, while only working out 3X a week 10 mins per training , no cardio ? given you lift heavy and keep eye on the macros.

Think of it, do a training session have to stretch for 30mins+ ? 10 mins should be enough to work two muscles per, no break what so ever in between.

Example:

Training days : Tuesday-Thursday-saturday

Tuesday : Chest - Biceps sets of 3’s or 5’s, reps of 8 or 10’s

chest : Bench press X10
Biceps:Dumbbell Bicep Curl X10
chest:Barbell Incline Bench Press X10
Biceps:Alternate Hammer Curl X10
Chest:Cable Chest Press X10
Biceps:Close-Grip Standing Barbell Curl X10

^^^^^ keep in mind your training can be anything you want,no need to stick to the above

All of the above done non stop would be done under 10 mins, and so on goes for th eother 2days

Running a proper macro whether your Bulking or Cutting should give good results, i mean in the end 90% of getting good results is watching your food intake.

Go!

You would be using very sub maximal weights your practically doing cardio with weights almost a crossfire it to the extreme. You would be better off with lowering your stretching routine to 10 mins and working out for 30. But you could do what your talking about but I would not expect much hypertrophy and even less strength gain. How ever conditioning would be pretty good.

Absolutely not.

First of all is your question out of curiosity - perhaps a colleague asked you this? Are you strapped for time? or do you just not want to spend too much time in the gym?

BTW all of the above are defiantly not acceptable for doing this crazy ass routine!

As ‘Reed’ pointed out, your not going to be able to lift any significant weights - since your rest is non existent, strength gains go out the window. The only thing you will benefit from is perhaps you will stretch the muscle fascia more from the pump your gonna get. But by no means will that pump result in hypertrophy. Temporarily at best (30 min maybe).

This style of training is not a bad thing to do towards the end of a workout and has been used effectively; barbel complexes & FST7. However these exercises use the “pump training” as a supplement to proper hard work carried out elsewhere in the training plan.

Take a look at Vince Gironda’s “How I Train the Movie Stars” workout. (You can find scans on dave draper’s site.)

This was not a “get ripped/huge” program, but instead was a short term rapid results program to get movie stars to look like they might have spent some time in the gym.

It was basically a full-body circuit training program that didn’t take up much time… still longer than 10 minutes, but not too long either way. First day you did 1 circuit, twice a day; next day you do 2 circuits twice a day; etc. The following week you drop to maintenance.

He also prescribed a diet to go along with it.

But to answer your original question, no, I don’t think it’s possible to get huge off of 10 minutes a day.

I actually don’t think 10 minutes is enough time to get 4 good sets of chest and bis in, even if you’re supersetting them. However, since the workout is short, there shouldn’t be a whole lot of cumulative neural fatigue to wear you down.

EDIT: If that’s really you in the $5000 challenge thread, DO NOT DO THIS.

[quote]Reed wrote:
How ever conditioning would be pretty good.[/quote]

Even this is wrong. Reed, do you actually believe that 3 10 minute conditioning sessions per week is going to lead to “pretty good conditioning?” Good luck with that.

OP, it’s fun to think outside the box. But this won’t work. Try it if you don’t believe me, I don’t care. If this worked, wouldn’t everyone do it? You don’t think at some point in the last 100 years, with the billions of people who have lived and died, that at least one person didn’t try this? And if it worked for them, wouldn’t they have shared?

The superset between bi’s and tri’s is do-able, but what are you going to do for legs? extensions and curls? And you’re going to get huge from that? If you want to be more active than the average sedentary office-worker, this program may accomplish that. Not much else.

Also, why did you lump “getting huge/ripped/maintain” all together? You won’t get huge, getting ripped is more about diet than lifting, and you’ll only maintain doing this if you don’t have any muscle to maintain in the first place.

[quote]kinetics.1981 wrote:
Is it possible to get ripped/ huge/Maintain, while only working out 3X a week 10 mins per training , no cardio ? given you lift heavy and keep eye on the macros.[/quote]
Absolutely not. Simple as that.

Honestly, this thread combined with your “$5000 fat loss contest” thread make it look like you’re either a troll or you’re way, way far frpm understanding how basic training principles work. That you only talked about training chest and biceps doesn’t help your case one bit.

[quote]Chris Colucci wrote:

Is it possible to get ripped/ huge/Maintain, while only working out 3X a week 10 mins per training , no cardio ? given you lift heavy and keep eye on the macros.[/quote]

Honestly, this thread combined with your “$5000 fat loss contest” thread make it look like you’re either a troll or you’re way, way far frpm understanding how basic training principles work. That you only talked about training chest and biceps doesn’t help your case one bit.[/quote]

My bad. Didn’t realize it was the same guy.

In that case… don’t do this. But you can hypothesize all you want while you’re actually doing a program that’s proven to work.

Honestly, this thread combined with your “$5000 fat loss contest” thread make it look like you’re either a troll or you’re way, way far frpm understanding how basic training principles work. That you only talked about training chest and biceps doesn’t help your case one bit.[/quote]

man first of i said in my thread , training schedule isnt what i posted, what i posted was only an example, metaphorical speaking

man first of i said in my thread , training schedule isnt what i posted, what i posted was only an example, metaphorical speaking[/quote]

cool story. 10 minutes a day still won’t cut it.

nope