Good Resistance Bands?

I go through about 1 a week. They just snap.

Do you know where to get good, sturdy, continuous-loop ones, like the ones used in Mobility WOD;

Where to get them in the UK?

jumpstretch or cliniband are both easily available in the UK.

I find it hard to believe you snap one a week, but whatever.

I’ve only ever bought shitty ones from Amazon.

You think I’m trying to brag about what a bear I am by saying I snap prehab resistance bands!? lol

elitefts.com

Where are you getting ones that snap so easily, Strength Shop? (I ask that 'cos I’m not very impressed with their bands).

Do yourself a favour go to Fitstream :

Good price and quality.

Can anyone recommend good resistance bands that are not loop shaped but ‘sheet’ shaped - ie. a straight line that does not join back on itself to form a loop?

Certain prehab work doesn’t work with loop shaped resistance bands…

[quote]alternate wrote:
Can anyone recommend good resistance bands that are not loop shaped but ‘sheet’ shaped - ie. a straight line that does not join back on itself to form a loop?

Certain prehab work doesn’t work with loop shaped resistance bands…[/quote]

Buy a loop one and cut it?
What rehab exercises can’t be done with a loop?

front raises, internal/external rotations. Makes it awkward. Mainly upper body stuff

[quote]alternate wrote:
You think I’m trying to brag about what a bear I am by saying I snap prehab resistance bands!? lol[/quote]

haha, no, I just thought you were over exaggerating slightly.

Cliniband are good. I have a red one that’s lasted for years

Elitefts and RogueFitness both sell good bands. I use Iron Woody bands and have had nothing but success. Even after getting nicks and cuts they hold.

[quote]rds63799 wrote:

[quote]alternate wrote:
You think I’m trying to brag about what a bear I am by saying I snap prehab resistance bands!? lol[/quote]

haha, no, I just thought you were over exaggerating slightly.

Cliniband are good. I have a red one that’s lasted for years[/quote]

Cheers.

Seriously, the ones I get are from a budget sports store and they’re absolutely shocking.

I have to close my eyes when I do sets of band pull-aparts because there is a 1 in 10 chance that the damn thing is going to snap in my face.

And to the poster below, yep the iron-woody bands are indestructible but are in loop-formation, whereas I need a sheet-type band.

I actually use the woody bands for assisted body-weight strength type stuff. At the moment I’ve got a doorway chin up bar mounted 4 inches off the floor, a chin up bar up high in the doorway, I hook my feet under the low bar, kneel on some cushions, attach the woody band to the high bar, wrap the band around my chest and it works GREAT as an assisted natural glute-ham raise. Progressive overload can obviously be achieved by using lighter and lighter bands.

Oh, and hooking the band to the high bar and wrapping it around your chest also works great for assisted one arm press ups.

Save the bands you snap or look for Dynaband or Theraband.