Good, Quality Straps?

you deadlift methheads?

[quote]GrabAKimber wrote:
http://www.ffclub.jp/weblog/kinniku/deadlift.jpg

If he can do THAT strapless, so can you.

The entire point of lifting is to A) look better and B) make yourself functional. Sure you can deadlift 400 pounds with straps, but can you lift an SUV off of a kid? Hold on to forearm of an attacker’s hand that weilds a knife? Can you control a 175 pound methhead blitzed out of his mind while calling for assistance or counter-attacking?

What are you going to do, ask “Hold on Sir, mind if I get my straps?”[/quote]

Who are you and when did I ask for your opinion? I never asked you if I should use straps, I asked for some quality straps. I have been using straps for a hell of a long time and plan to keep doing so.

My grip isn’t as solid as my body, so sometimes they are needed to push myself to the limit. Don’t give me a picture of someone deadlifting that much, show me a picture of yourself deadlifting, then we can compare lifts. Are you one of those people at the gym that say “I bet I can dead more than him if I had those straps, too bad I’m not a pussy”.

First off stud, lose the testorone bath of an attitude. Am I critiquing your form or numbers? I don’t lift. The difference between you and me is our goals. In order to reach MY goal, I don’t “dead” nor do I give a damn what numbers you “put up.” And if you have been using straps for a “hell of a long time” then wouldn’t you be well adapted to the companies and various straps available? And if you weren’t expecting conflicting opinions, why come to an INTRAWEB FORUM?

Quit judging. You are shooting your load way before you have your pants around your ankles.

I have the same set of straps as I did when I first started lifting, so why would I be familiar with all the companies? You are not critiquing my form or numbers, but you ARE critiquing my methods of putting those numbers up. My numbers aren’t my goal, I’m not a powerlifter. My physique is my goal, but I get there via lifting. My goals aren’t functionality, either, although it does come in a small part of the package.

Again, about expecting differing opinions. I never asked if I SHOULD use straps. The only differing opinions I expected were on which brands.

See you later, kim, because your arguments were flaccid, and clearly posted on the wrong thread.

[quote]GrabAKimber wrote:
First off stud, lose the testosterone bath of an attitude. Am I critiquing your form or numbers? I don’t lift. The difference between you and me is our goals. In order to reach MY goal, I don’t “dead” nor do I give a damn what numbers you “put up.”

And if you have been using straps for a “hell of a long time” then wouldn’t you be well adapted to the companies and various straps available? And if you weren’t expecting conflicting opinions, why come to an INTRAWEB FORUM?

Quit judging. You are shooting your load way before you have your pants around your ankles.[/quote]

[quote]JoeyD20 wrote:
because your arguments were flaccid
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure I have a copyright on that saying, I use it a lot, looks like I have a fan.

[quote]Jacked Diesel wrote:
John S. wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
Fitnessdiva wrote:
Straps are the devil. Develops weak grip, imo.

The day anyone wants advice from a 120 lbs girl about lifting, we’ll visit the body building.com forum.

That is by far the funniest shit I have read in a while.

I think that caused her to leave the forum completely, she took down her avatar, her picture, her stats, pretty funny.

[/quote]

Wow, I hate to be the one to say this, but the forum is better off without her.

[quote]Kalle wrote:
blueknight wrote:
Jacked Diesel wrote:
OneDay wrote:
APT. The best. Bar none…

Ya, APT are the best.

http://www.prowriststraps.com/ is their site.

Thanks for the link. Can anyone recommend which pair of knee sleeves they sell would be sufficient just for extra support?

http://www.prowriststraps.com/rehband_products_all_sports
[/quote]

Thanks.