Good Quality Dip Belt?

Looking to pick one up for Christmas. I’m contemplating the one that ironmind sells, but curious if anyone has any other brands that can hold a decent amount of weight (at least over 135). Open to all suggestions.

This is the belt for reference
mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1310

i’ve had 180lbs on one from bodybuiding.com (grizzly nylon?), and did not seem close to an issue.

I’ve had it for more than a year.

leather belt + chain = good dipping belt, keep it simple.

www.prowriststraps.com

[quote]Garage_Gorilla wrote:
leather belt + chain = good dipping belt, keep it simple.[/quote]

I’m seen lots of crummy “leather belt+chain” combos already dude, hence my querry, but your concern is noted.

Ok dude. Here’s how you get a belt that will handle whatever weight you can.

Get a length of chain from your local hardware store with a latching hook for the end.

Get a bicycle inner tube, or rubber insulation tubing. Run the chain through the tube. Now you have a hardcore weight belt that will handle any weight you dare to latch into.

In the ed the belt or chain that doesn’t break is the one to use. Good luck.

Nifty idea, I’ll definitely suggest it to my friends. As it stands, I got people that wanna buy me crap for x-mas, so I’m looking for a good belt on the market. It’s either that, or the nail bending kit from Ironmind =P

I have the Ironmind dip belt. I doubt I will ever have to replace it. It’s a lot easier to carry around than a leather and chain belt.

Just the thing I wanted to hear. It looked a lot more portable, even though I have a home gym =P

I have the Maximuscle belt. I broke the originally chain with only 110lb on it, but now I’ve got a HUGE chain from the locksmith it seems pretty invincible. As a bonus I can use the chain to walk my dog at night (live in a bad area) and the cops can’t confiscate it like they could if I was just carrying it about by itself. Then it detaches really easily, so bingo bango…dog + chain = me going home.

[quote]gi2eg wrote:
i’ve had 180lbs on one from bodybuiding.com (grizzly nylon?), and did not seem close to an issue.

I’ve had it for more than a year.[/quote]

I have a “Grizzly” belt as well. Still as good as new after 2 years.

I’ve had the ironmind hip-belt squat and the dip belt for over 5 years. Great investments and handle as much as you can use.

I have one from Everlast. I have had up to 150 on it several times and 175 a few times. I’ve had it for years and have no concerns that it will ever break.

EliteFTS has 3 different dip belts for sale, all under $40. 1 leather, 2 nylon, all with chain. One of these is a Spud product, and that’s what I’d get if replacing mine.

You’ll get all the great feedback you can handle about EliteFTS and the products they sell.

Spud stuff is available other places too: southcarolinabarbell.com (this is Spud’s site)
and www.totalperformancesports.com

LA

I got my dip belt from titan support systems (they sell PL stuff) for 30 bucks and it is very good, looks a little different from other gym dip belts (it is all black and a bit more comfortable) so you won’t confuse it with other belts, I was happy with it. I am pretty good at pull-ups and dips and have had no problems.

As a total side note, it is much easier to use a dumbbell rather than weights for pull-ups and dips once you get over 45 lbs, I learned this a couple of years ago and I wish I had used dumbbells much earlier.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Looking to pick one up for Christmas. I’m contemplating the one that ironmind sells, but curious if anyone has any other brands that can hold a decent amount of weight (at least over 135). Open to all suggestions.

This is the belt for reference
mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1310

[/quote]

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/prodinfo.asp?number=1310

The best belt money can buy.