Good Protein/Fat Shake I Came up With

10 oz water
2 scoops (60g) Grow powder
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil
2 tablespoons of macadamia nut oil

I have no idea how this tastes good, but it does… it must be due to some sort of weird synergistic effect, since I really don’t like olive oil at all (although the other two oils taste quite good by themselves, especially the macadamia oil).

Calories: 960
Fat: 86g

• Saturated: 35g
  • Monounsaturated: 46g
  • Polyunsaturated: 5g (7:1 n6:n3)
    Protein: 44g
    Carbohydrates: 4g (2g sugar)

That seems like too much in one shot bud, but I could be wrong.

he must bulking. or one of those dudes that thinks that you can eat 2340598523 calories if you keep carbs at some arbitrary magical number.

I’ll be bulking soon, but right now, I’m just experimenting with a high-fat, moderate-protein, low-carb diet… the research from guys like Jeff Volek at UConn has intrigued me from an intellectual curiosity standpoint. I like to throw this shake down right before bed… consuming 960 calories in 30 seconds is pretty efficient :-D.

Naturally, you can scale the ingredients by whatever factor you like… most people wouldn’t want to consume nearly 1000 calories in one shot. I just wanted to introduce something I thought provided a good combination of taste and nutrition (depending on the structure of your diet).

sounds like a great way to get a gut if you ask me. Tell me again what’s the point of drinking 85g of fat in one shot?

6Tbs of oil? Damn…that’s got be a little…slimy going down.

[quote]JMoUCF87 wrote:
sounds like a great way to get a gut if you ask me. Tell me again what’s the point of drinking 85g of fat in one shot?[/quote]

If it helps you reach your caloric goal for the day, where’s the problem? Especially if you are confident that you’re digesting it all effectively, without it just going right through you… Naturally, the numbers chosen here are just for the sake of convenience- there is nothing special about 28 grams (2 tbsp), as opposed to 26, 23, or 19. Scaling everything is certainly worth trying- I was just saying that the particular ratios I used gave me something that tasted very good.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
6Tbs of oil? Damn…that’s got be a little…slimy going down.[/quote]

It’s funny… with only 10 oz of water, I have no idea how it has such a pleasant consistency- there’s no sliminess at all. I do use one of those shaker bottles that has a whisk ball inside- maybe that helps.

Good to know there’s something out there that kills the gross olive oil taste. Although I would rather reduce that to 1Tbsp of each.

I guess I just like eating too much to blow 1000+ calories on a (not very good tasting?) shake.

I’d much prefer a nice hunk of meat myself, but to each his own I suppose.

BULLSHIT! You can’t get so many calories relying only on healthy fats! You need cheeseburgers, refined carbs, french fries, high processed foods, transfat…to get your daily calorie requirement!
You can’t grow on calorie coming from healthy fats, carbs…you know, junk food are the only way to go for a good bulk!

:-))))

wouldn’t it all separate into layers? maybe the are some nice emulsifiers in the grow… but still…

wouldn’t it all separate into layers? maybe the are some nice emulsifiers in the grow… but still…

Aye I would rather eat my calories personally.

Each to their own.

another awesome idea is the chocolate Metabolic Drive in coconut milk. tastes awesome and is about 720 cal w/ 45g of protein (assuming 8oz coconut milk & 2 scoops).