Good Progress or Cheater?

[quote]Professor X wrote: The lighting is different between pics one and two. He didn’t even gain much muscle mass overall and any he did gain could be explained by simply not training as regularly before he started contest prep. He just got into contest shape. Most newbies can’t tell the difference.

This guy isn’t even that big so what are you talking about?[/quote]

Correct. IMHO, the pictures are a scam.

The guy took a week or two off of training. He ate high sodium foods to give himself a bloat. He ate low carbs so that he lost muscle glycogen and looked flat. He ensured he was pasty white/untanned, and detrained.

He took a shitty before picture.

Then he started training again, got a nice fake tan, and got a nice pump in the other pics.

Controlling for sodium and glycogen, I would speculate that there isn’t even a 10 pound weight difference between those two pics.

FYI, Dan Duchaine posted those tips in a Dirty Dieting newsletter years ago.

Basically, how does one cheat in a physique transformation contest?

An in shape guy needs to simply stop training for a couple of weeks, drop off carbs, eat a lot of sodium (SOUP, SOUP, and more SOUP), draw back your lats so you look narrow, and get pale white as hell.

For your after pictures, just start eating and training normally again. Get a tan. Get a nice pump going before you take after pictures.

Voila! You have dramatic after pictures. It looks like you really did something special. When, in fact, you just gamed the system.

It’s a fucking scam, those pictures are.

As an aside, the fake tan in the last pic has darkened the grooves of his abs making them appear emphasized to the point of being drawn on.

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
Professor X wrote: The lighting is different between pics one and two. He didn’t even gain much muscle mass overall and any he did gain could be explained by simply not training as regularly before he started contest prep. He just got into contest shape. Most newbies can’t tell the difference.

This guy isn’t even that big so what are you talking about?

Correct. IMHO, the pictures are a scam.

The guy took a week or two off of training. He ate high sodium foods to give himself a bloat. He ate low carbs so that he lost muscle glycogen and looked flat. He ensured he was pasty white/untanned, and detrained.

He took a shitty before picture.

Then he started training again, got a nice fake tan, and got a nice pump in the other pics.

Controlling for sodium and glycogen, I would speculate that there isn’t even a 10 pound weight difference between those two pics.[/quote]

Didn’t think of it like that. Not to mention he’s a lot closer in the 2nd pic giving the allusion of more size

[quote]Aigriculteur wrote:
why are drugs associated with cheating ?[/quote]

using steroids in a natural competition is cheating.

im with live, who gives a fuck.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
Professor X wrote:
If you believe this is impossible without drugs,.

Impossible? No. Likely without? No

If he were working off muscle memory it would be more likely, but still not impossible.[/quote]

He doesn’t even look bigger. He just looks like he dropped fat.

[quote]MytchBucanan wrote:
jehovasfitness wrote:
Professor X wrote:
If you believe this is impossible without drugs,.

Impossible? No. Likely without? No

If he were working off muscle memory it would be more likely, but still not impossible.

He doesn’t even look bigger. He just looks like he dropped fat.[/quote]

wow are you blind he’s jacked to the moon and i can see injection wounds in his quads

hey guys,

professor x: yea he has decent genetics but he was not really de trained, and yes he had gained a little bodyfat but he was trained and he had been in ‘better shape’ than that before but not by much, he was a bit leaner thats about it. .

starting stats:

Starting Stats on Saturday January 17th 2009

Name = Ian Graham

Age =30

Height = 1.79m - 5 foot 10 1/2 Inches

Weight = 166lbs - 75kg - 11 stone 12lbs

Bodyfat % = 10.42% (See below for skinfold readings)

Skinfold Thickness (mm)

Triceps = 6.8mm
Pectoralis = 7.4mm
Subscapular = 11.6mm
Abdominal = 16mm
Midaxillary = 7.6mm
Suprailiac = 6.4mm
Thigh = 12.4mm

Weight In Kilos = 75kg
Body Density = 1.0762
Fat Mass in Kilos = 7.82kg
Lean Body Mass in Kilos = 67.18kg

Progress To Date (28 Days In)

Weight = 167lbs - 75.9kg - 11 stone 13lbs

Bodyfat % = 8.31% (See below for skinfold readings)

Skinfold Thickness (mm)

Triceps = 6.35mm (Down .45mm from day 1)
Pectoralis = 5.7mm (Down 1.7mm from day 1)
Subscapular = 9.5mm (Down 2.1mm from day 1)
Abdominal = 10.0mm (Down 6mm from day 1)
Midaxillary = 6.0mm (Down 1.6mm from day 1)
Suprailiac = 6.0mm (Down .4mm from day 1)
Thigh = 10.0mm (Down 2.4mm from day 1)

Weight In Kilos = 75.90kg
Body Density = 1.0816
Fat Mass in Kilos = 6.29kg
Lean Body Mass in Kilos = 69.45kg

Gained 1 lb on the scale
Gained 4.994 lbs of muscle
Lost 3.36 lbs of bodyfat

On day 1 January 17th weighed 166lbs and had 10.42% bodyfat. On day 77 (stage day) he weighed 170 ish lbs and bodyfat was 6.5% (skinfold and dried out) and it was 7% on day 73 before he left Ireland to fly to Canada.

gained 4 lbs on the scale
gained like 11lbs of muscle
lost 8lbs of fat

i didnt calculate the last one i got lazy it a guestimation :slight_smile:

more of a body composition shift. . no roids tho . . sorry guys. . needle marks in his quads. . etc

same lighting photo but only on day 56

juice heads unite!

Bodyfat % = 8.31% (See below for skinfold readings)

Skinfold Thickness (mm)

Triceps = 6.35mm (Down .45mm from day 1)
Pectoralis = 5.7mm (Down 1.7mm from day 1)
Subscapular = 9.5mm (Down 2.1mm from day 1)
Abdominal = 10.0mm (Down 6mm from day 1)
Midaxillary = 6.0mm (Down 1.6mm from day 1)
Suprailiac = 6.0mm (Down .4mm from day 1)
Thigh = 10.0mm (Down 2.4mm from day 1)

It kinda makes me feel happy that my triceps and pecs are lower than his, even though I’m 16% BF at the mo

but then i look at the subscap and ab and cry

thats at day 28. .

ill root out day 73 … i have them somewhere :slight_smile:

I didn’t read your facebook drama, but there is no cheating.

photoshop

ok, 11lbs of muscle in 77 days, so about 1lb a week, while losing fat.

well ill be honest, its not something a lot of people would be capable of doing naturaly, doesnt mean he didnt do it though.

Do you mind me asking what part of Ireland are you in?

Do you mind me asking what part of Ireland are you in?

[quote]Jetric9 wrote:
photoshop[/quote]

haha

[quote]links wrote:
Do you mind me asking what part of Ireland are you in?[/quote]

swords in dublin. . you?

[quote]Anonymas wrote:
ok, 11lbs of muscle in 77 days, so about 1lb a week, while losing fat.

well ill be honest, its not something a lot of people would be capable of doing naturaly, doesnt mean he didnt do it though.

[/quote]

Yea thats what few guys were saying . . ill root out what they said :slight_smile:

one of the comments:

Look, Im not trying to get in an argument here. I called your bluff and now your rattled about it. All my facts are in line. The weight you’ve gained may be a bit off I was just estimating by the look of your pic. Personally I know alot about nutrition and lifting, Its what I do for a living. Stop saying your natural when clearly anyone that know … Read Moreanything about bulding can see that you are not. Like I said before, with NORMAL genitics this much gain and getting this cut at the same time is impossible. Your on an unnatural test booster at the very least. Dont give people false hope.

another:

It takes a significant calorie surplus to build muscle and a calorie deficit to lose bodyfat. The human body is only capable of synthesizing .5 pounds of muscle … Read Moreper week(and thats assuming your diet, training, and sleep cycle are PERFECT…which is never the case). So by that limitation alone I have grounds to call BULLSHIT. You’re claiming you outperformed your body’s upper limit in a “perfect world” scenario by THREE POUNDS!. And now onto your fatloss claim. One pound of bodyfat contains 3,500 kcals. So not only were you able to consume enough calories to trump what is in the realm of physical possibility in terms of muscle growth by a monumental three pounds…but you were able to do it while somehow being in a 21,000 kcal deficit! lol…sorry but…BULLSHIT;)