T Nation

Good Program for Me?

Hi, I’m new posting here I just made an account but I have been coming to the website for about two years now. I started off fat, lost a lot of weight then gained a lot of muscle and I just got off of Chad Waterbury’s summer project program and I feel as though I have lost some strength but I did lose a good amount of bodyfat.

I’m currently 205lbs and I took a caliper test and measured at 16% bodyfat. I don’t think I look nearly that fat as I can clearly see my upper abdominals with my stomach pushed as far as I can outward.

My lift numbers are:

BB Bench Press 275lbs
BB Squat 405lbs
BB Deadlift 415lbs

I was thinking about doing starting strength to get muscle back what do you guys think?

I wouldn’t suggest it, starting strength is really more for pure beginners. Some kind of bodypart split would probably be better.

[quote]diresportsman wrote:
Hi, I’m new posting here I just made an account but I have been coming to the website for about two years now.

I started off fat, lost a lot of weight then gained a lot of muscle and I just got off of Chad Waterbury’s summer project program and I feel as though I have lost some strength but I did lose a good amount of bodyfat.

I’m currently 205lbs and I took a caliper test and measured at 16% bodyfat. I don’t think I look nearly that fat as I can clearly see my upper abdominals with my stomach pushed as far as I can outward.

My lift numbers are:

BB Bench Press 275lbs
BB Squat 405lbs
BB Deadlift 415lbs

I was thinking about doing starting strength to get muscle back what do you guys think?[/quote]

Id get a REAL bf test (DEXA or a 12-caliper done by a qualified professional) to see if you are really 16%, cause if you are you should probably cut a little lower. As a mass gain program I’d do AGVT or Thib’s upcoming Mechanical Drop Set program which looks promising.

Go to the “what’s your split?” thread on the first page, it was started by austin_bicep. There are a bunch there, pick one. Make sure you have variations of the good ole bench, squat, and deadlift along with plenty of curls, presses, pushdowns, rows, etc.

[quote]That One Guy wrote:
Go to the “what’s your split?” thread on the first page, it was started by austin_bicep. There are a bunch there, pick one. Make sure you have variations of the good ole bench, squat, and deadlift along with plenty of curls, presses, pushdowns, rows, etc.[/quote]

x2

[quote]Rhino Jockey wrote:

I like that one, I think I’m going to go with the 4 day split though with the size goals.

[quote]diresportsman wrote:
Rhino Jockey wrote:

I like that one, I think I’m going to go with the 4 day split though with the size goals.[/quote]

Good choice. Keep progressing with it and you’ll see some good gains.