Good Post Workout Meal?

Trying to bulk up, wondering what exactly i should eat after a workout. Currently eating 1/2 cup raisins and a weight gainer right after i workout. I workout rite after breakfast, when should my next meal be after the post workout shake and what should it generally consist off. Eating 4000-4500 cals a day, and i weigh 185lbs.

Weight Gainer

Calories 525
Fat 9g
Saturated 1.5g

• Trans Fat 0g
    Cholest. 30mg
    Sodium 175mg
    Potassium 900mg
    Carbohydrates 85g
    Sugar 14g
    Fiber 4.5g
    Protein 26g

Looks fine to me. I know some are going to chime in a talk about other things that will be optimal, but at your current weight I would just look for calories PW, and this does the trick. Are you drinking anything similar pre-workout? If not, add that in too so you can cram as many calories as possible into the workout window.

When i get up i eat this and then head to gym. I also take size on maximum performance during workout.

3 eggs
1/2 cup spinach
8 oz milk
1 apple

How long should i wait for another meal after the workout? and what should it be?

chicken n rice.

I would wait about 45-60mins for the food to digest before working out dude…but then again, your’e not eating much:)

You could eat something like a 1-2 FINiBARs and 1/2 serve of the same shake you take post WO 30-45 mins prior

Wait 60mins after your PWO shake to eat a meal and yes chicken and rice would be great!

Leaving aside the detail re PRE WO carbs etc etc …if you simply need to build lean mass PRE or PWO carbs will lead to gains IMHO…Many have proven this.

GJ

I like oats+whey, seems to do the trick and tastes great.

The amounts would be up to you, I usually do 1.5 cup dry measure and 1 scoop powder

Personally i would like to see some more food going into your breakfast.

Something more like 2-3 whole eggs, 8-9 egg whites.
1-1.5 cup oats,
add a piece of fruit if you like.

Hit the gym around an hour after finishing this meal.

If, as you claim, your aiming for 4-4.5k calories, you should be taking in a much larger breakfast/pre-training meal.

As far as post, sure have your weight gainer, then hit some more complex carbs and lean protein around an hour later, as PB said something like chicken/rice.

Most of all, find what works for you and be consistent.

Good luck to ya.

[quote]ToMass wrote:
when should my next meal be? [/quote]

When you get home.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]ToMass wrote:
when should my next meal be? [/quote]

When you get home.

[/quote]

This, start preparing the meal right when you get home and eat up. An example, i had 2 cups of sweet potatoes with 1lb of hamburger.

The “repair” process begins when you sleep anyways so eat up as soon as you can.

Brekfast gives me(also take udo oil 1tbsp). I then wait 1 hourish i drive and then listen to music before i start to workout out.

615.4 cals

28.8g p

46g c

33.8g f

i like beef, sweet potato and oats PWO. and a shot of olive oil.