T Nation

Good Places to Go in Boston

Heading up there this weekend for a couple days - looking for any good restaurants, attractions, places of note and interest, and the like within the city.

Anyone help me out?

Many thanks.

That waterfront area is pretty cool. There is a bar to the right of it that makes pretty good drinks. We also hit up a bar called like 21st amendment or something similar b/c my gf used to work there. It’s kind of like a locals bar. Oh, and there is bar that used to be a prison. Very cool to see but we didn’t hang out or anything like that

I liked that city so much I would totally move there but she was trying to get AWAY from the cold.

Do you like touristy type activities? Are you into history?

I enjoyed the Boston Duck tours in my first trip to the city. It’s s tour of Boston in a WW2 amphibious vehicle. You spend time on the road and water during the tour.

Kinda stuff you do during the day until its time for night life activities.

Only caveat: if there are kids on the your guide might tailor the tour more to them?

I would eat at Del Frisco’s, can’t recommend the long bone enough. King Crab Gnocchi and Bacon Avocado dressing on your salad as well.

Strega is also very good.

http://www.stregawaterfront.com/index2.html

You can eat the FRITTO DI CALAMARI as a meal… So good, assuming the Chef is still there

Red Sox game sitting on top of the Green Monster!

http://www.henriettastable.com/menus/brunch.php

The Sam Adams brewery

[quote]chobbs wrote:
Red Sox game sitting on top of the Green Monster![/quote]

I’m going! But I’m sitting on the third base line haha.

Can’t wait to go to Fenway, I haven’t seen my boys live in YEARS.

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
The Sam Adams brewery [/quote]

I hear that’s pretty cool. Worth the tour?

If you’re into history the JFK museum is a must

Foodie? Toro or coppa at coppa get the Italian sub

Food before the six game sweet cheeks for good barbeque

If the weathers good get a drink at one of the outdoors restaurants on Newbury st there’s a good tapas bar 2/3 the way down on the left if you are driving down it, the people watching is awesome as is the food and sangria

It’s almost certainly off-diet, but Mike’s Pastry in the North End is a classic. Don’t let the line scare you away, it’s there for a reason.

Pretty much any restaurant on Hanover st in the north end is worth going to. My favorite is Trattoria il Panino.

If the weather turns out to be as nice as the forecast says it will be you should spend some time on the common, and in the public garden.

If the weather get’s shitty, the art museum and the aquarium are pretty cool, and the science museum is world class.

If you make your way north into Cambridge/Somerville, Grafton Street pub, Cambridge Common, and Five Horses Tavern all have some combination of good food and beer.

[quote]FightinIrish26 wrote:

[quote]bdocksaints75 wrote:
The Sam Adams brewery [/quote]

I hear that’s pretty cool. Worth the tour?[/quote]
Yeah you can take the T and its free and at the end you get free samples of beer and a couple free glasses

Fathers Too in Allston, assuming it is still there.

I believe there is placard stating “Herein bardtended the great Jewbacca, the first Jewish explorer to wander forth from Brookline into the wilds of this uncivilized Irish neighborhood, bravely riding only his bicycle to get to class across the river, wherein he battled Irish drunks, the occassional Boston College student, and even the slightly-more-studious Boston University student, and wooed fire-haired Irish women.”

That, or it’s a Crate & Barrel or something. Haven’t been back since law school.

If you have time and your into history the freedom trail is pretty cool.

[quote]Jewbacca wrote:
Fathers Too in Allston, assuming it is still there.

I believe there is placard stating “Herein bardtended the great Jewbacca, the first Jewish explorer to wander forth from Brookline into the wilds of this uncivilized Irish neighborhood, bravely riding only his bicycle to get to class across the river, wherein he battled Irish drunks, the occassional Boston College student, and even the slightly-more-studious Boston University student, and wooed fire-haired Irish women.”

That, or it’s a Crate & Barrel or something. Haven’t been back since law school.[/quote]

Jewbacca, if that is not on the wall there now, it should be.

[quote]Reid802 wrote:
It’s almost certainly off-diet, but Mike’s Pastry in the North End is a classic. Don’t let the line scare you away, it’s there for a reason.

[/quote]

If this is the place I think it is, this is 100% truth…

Many a drunken nights ended with fruit covered heaven from that place.

Harpoon Brewery is near the waterfront. Boylston St. for the Copley Square mall, Bars, and the Boston Common up the street.y Of course Downtown Crossing(it’s near the Common). Fanueil Hall Bars for a night out(good spot for drinking)

If you have some transportation and can travel a little, you could check out John Ruiz’s gym in Medford
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Quietman-Sports-Gym/247398265280689 If you want to get a Boxing workout in.

O yeah, The Boston Common is a Big Park in case you didn’t know