T Nation

Good or Bad Way to Bulk?

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_truth_about_bulking
does anyone think this a good article to go by as far as bulking

good

You wanna occupy a lot of space? Eat a lot of food.

It’s that simple, and that hard.

Eating food from dirty sources occasionally can make it easier.

if i take in around 4-5 thousand calories should that do?? i am 5’10 190 13 percent body fat

[quote]Gunit12 wrote:
if i take in around 4-5 thousand calories should that do?? i am 5’10 190 13 percent body fat[/quote]

Yeah while trying to add mass I generally stay around 12-15% bf. At your weight I’d start at 3500-4000. Really depends on how active you are though. Then just scale it back a little if you’re getting a bigger fat to muscle ratio. use http:///www.fitday.com punch in what you do on an average day and it’ll throw up a number (can be a good base point)

Don’t hesitate to have a cheat meal here or there scattered through the week. Trying to add size here not over analyze shit like most people do.

4-5 thousand calories is alot and would be one hell of a challenge. that said if you could do it, and your body could handle it you might see some serious muscle gain. however its largely genetic. ive seen some guys who ate massive, worked till their veins popped in the gym, and just gained fat. others however can follow the same formula and make head turning gains.

all that said if you really are 190 and 13% bodyfat you would have already had to have had an on point diet. i think you are LARGELY underestimating how much body fat you are carrying.

[quote]Deorum wrote:
4-5 thousand calories is alot and would be one hell of a challenge. that said if you could do it, and your body could handle it you might see some serious muscle gain. however its largely genetic. ive seen some guys who ate massive, worked till their veins popped in the gym, and just gained fat. others however can follow the same formula and make head turning gains.

all that said if you really are 190 and 13% bodyfat you would have already had to have had an on point diet. i think you are LARGELY underestimating how much body fat you are carrying.

[/quote]

I don’t think 4000 - 5000 cals a day for a 190lb guy is much of a challenge…even clean!
Maybe some people underestimate how many calories they are really getting. I bet my mom’s Sunday dinner (roast beef, peas, carrots, brussel sprouts , mashed potatoes, gravy) would be about 3000.