T Nation

Good Olympic Bar?

my olympic bar broke somehow (the part on the sides that holds the weights got jammed, and is partially unscrewed)… not sure why it broke, maybe from deadlifts

not really sure what kind of bar to buy…

looking for something thats ~$300 or less preferably

You can probably fix your existing bar. It sounds like it would work fine if you lubed and reattached the collars. 2nd cheapest option would be craigslist. As far as new bars I’m not sure what would be the best. I know you can do well for $300.

[quote]browndisaster wrote:
You can probably fix your existing bar. It sounds like it would work fine if you lubed and reattached the collars. 2nd cheapest option would be craigslist. As far as new bars I’m not sure what would be the best. I know you can do well for $300.[/quote]

i attached a picture… it seems like its unscrewed & jammed or something (i can’t really turn it)

If you’re not doing olympic lifts, I’ve heard Rogue Fitness’ Beater Bar is a good work bar; not up to competitive standards, but good for general lifting. It’s $165.

If you’re just looking for “a bar”, Play It Again Sports has used oly bars for around $45.

omg i fixed it, i had to take a hammer to the collar

dunno how it got jammed like that…

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[/quote]

You know, they have better tools than hammers… WD-40, tri-flo, etc.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]qeynos wrote:

[/quote]

You know, they have better tools than hammers… WD-40, tri-flo, etc.[/quote]

i used WD 40 but it didnt help, the collar thing was jammed so i had to hit it parallel to the bar