Good Numbers to Hit to be Considered Real Strong?

[quote]LiveFromThe781 wrote:
goochadamg wrote:
Damn. I found out why Ryan Celli is so strong: Ryan Celli crazy bench workout - YouTube

Rofl.

looks like they took all the assistance stuff at the gym and were like, “lets see if you can bench it”[/quote]

LOL, yeah that is basically how it happened.

Obviously that isn’t how he trains all the time.

I think 2xBW bench, 2.5xBW squat and deadlift are impressive #s for a raw lifter. But to me, impressive is determined by my own strength. If I could bench 2xBW then that would no longer be impressive.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
TooHuman wrote:

You have to consider that “elite” is described as %1 of trained individuals. That’s 1/100 trained people with those numbers.

If you start listing big names for truely strong individuals, you should quickly realize that these are more like 1 in a million people.

Exactly.
“Elite: Refers specifically to athletes competing in strength sports.”

Basically, that’s where you should be (at least) if you want to compete seriously. :wink: Unfortunately, I’m at advanced for the bench & squat, and only intermediate for deadlift. :-/[/quote]

That’s what I get for not reading the definitions of each label. But I still think the standards are a little ridiculous and on the weak side. A novice is someone who has trained for “3-9 months” and can only bench 183, squat 244, and deadlift 305 at a body weight of 220. If after 9 months of regular training that’s all you can do you’re in big trouble. I’ve only been training “regularly” for around 8 months, and either I’m a god damn super human with my gains, or those numbers are way off base. I’m thinking I’m not a god damn super human…

At any rate it’s nice to know I can tear up the rec leagues lol so this table tells me.

[quote]smokotime wrote:
Tim Henriques wrote:
smokotime wrote:

To be considered beastly, holy batshit strong at 200:
Full Squat 600
Bench 440-500
Deadlift 700+
Chin up with BW on a chain
Say 75 consecutive dips

And yes, I just guesstimated numbers. But if you hit those, you’re stronger all-around than pretty much everybody.

I guess it depends on your definition of beastly, holy batshit strong :slight_smile: If you mean best in the world, yes, if you mean top 10% of powerlifters, no, those numbers are too high.

In 2007 the best 198 raw PL total was 1585 (200+ lbs short of your benchmark) and in 2008 the best was 1758 (Ryan Celli who is a league of his own, was voted best raw PLer in 2008 and still not your 1800) and the next best was 1600. Again I am assuming you are talking raw, full gear those numbers would put you top 10%.

I should’ve just kept my mouth shut! ;P. They are stupidly high numbers, to be honest.
To qualify it a little, these would be raw gym lifts. Touch and go bench, hitched deadlift.
I consider beastly strong to be where almost no-one knows anyone stronger than you, and strong people are impressed. Top 10% of powerlifters wouldn’t really cut it, since you run into a fair few powerlifters stronger than you.

I was thinking 600/400/600, but the thought came to me that I know a few people who CAN do that and aren’t total freaks.[/quote]

You know a few people that can total 1600 raw at 200lbs?

I doubt it, there are only a handfull of people on PL watch lifter rankings that can. Unless of course they are competitive lifters and ranked.

I can think of one guy I train with that would do between 1600 and 1700 raw at 200 when he’s injury free.

And a masters 220lb who could do over 1600 too.

I guess they dont compete raw?

You don’t really have a choice outside of the US for competing raw. Again, to qualify it some more (or backpedal!), who doesn’t personally know someone who can either squat or dead 600, or bench 400? Not all three, just one.

[quote]coffee wrote:
I guess they dont compete raw?[/quote]

Nope.

But one’s totalled 1900 and the other’s done 1830 in single ply gear.

Ok I see.

Ya I guess there isnt much outside the US for raw lifting. This is why I go there to compete.

[quote]Alpha wrote:
I agree with the RAW Numbers of 400/500/600

But Its pretty subjective to each person…A person who trains at EFTS would think I’m as strong as 6 year old girl…But I’m one of the strongest guys at my gym and can come damn close to 400/500/500.

I guess I do need to mention that its a pansy Gold’s where I am one of 10 people who actually Squat to parallel and one of 3 that do deads…[/quote]

I seriously doubt that these numbers are true by looking at your pics.
II could be wrong though.

[quote]kylec72 wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:
I also like this strength standard chart:

By those standards I’m between intermediate and advanced, and I KNOW I’m not between intermediate and advanced in reality. The definition of intermediate ought to be made for novice, and the stats used for elite are really just advanced. I suppose it’s a nice table for the average person to feel good about their self, but that’s about it.[/quote]

Oh boy. Those are pretty damn good numbers for a natural as most powerlifters are or should be. The lifts should also be done without any gear. No-one is saying you are the strongest man in the world if you achieve the “elite” status on that table you know.

[quote]Wrah wrote:
kylec72 wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:
I also like this strength standard chart:

By those standards I’m between intermediate and advanced, and I KNOW I’m not between intermediate and advanced in reality. The definition of intermediate ought to be made for novice, and the stats used for elite are really just advanced. I suppose it’s a nice table for the average person to feel good about their self, but that’s about it.

Oh boy. Those are pretty damn good numbers for a natural as most powerlifters are or should be. The lifts should also be done without any gear. No-one is saying you are the strongest man in the world if you achieve the “elite” status on that table you know.[/quote]

It says right on the website that elite doesn’t mean a top tier powerlifter. If you reach elite it means you’re towards the top among all people who lift weights(including the dude curling on a bosu ball in the squat rack.)

It seem’s pretty strong to me. For the 198 I’d put 405 though for elite. A 2x BW seems impressive to me.

The deadlift is pretty high to 567 at 198. If they bump it to 600, that is elite. 3x bw deadlift is somethin to boast about.
Squat is 2.5 BW.
Doing this all raw would make for a pretty strong 198lber in my opinion.