Good Numbers to Hit to be Considered Real Strong?

Hey everyone was just wondering what everyone thinks is good numbers to hit to be considered strong…not stronger than 99% of the population, and not just strong. I’m talkin pretty beastly strong lol.

What numbers would this be coming from a BW of 200-205?
Lifts would be:
Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Chin up (1RM)
Dips
I guess curls too

Also is a double bodyweight raw bench considered pretty good, or very strong?

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/lifterscorner/qts.shtml

Power GnP,

Do those numbers apply to single ply?

[quote]rasturai wrote:
Hey everyone was just wondering what everyone thinks is good numbers to hit to be considered strong…not stronger than 99% of the population, and not just strong. I’m talkin pretty beastly strong lol.

Lifts would be:
Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Chin up (1RM)
Dips
I guess curls too

Also is a double bodyweight raw bench considered pretty good, or very strong?[/quote]

To be considered beastly, holy batshit strong at 200:
Full Squat 600
Bench 440-500
Deadlift 700+
Chin up with BW on a chain
Say 75 consecutive dips

And yes, I just guesstimated numbers. But if you hit those, you’re stronger all-around than pretty much everybody.

Depends on who you ask, some people who e-inflate their own numbers will tell you a 400 pound bench is decent at best.

300-400-500 bench-squat-deadlift is enough for me to be considered real strong.

I also like this strength standard chart:

[quote]smokotime wrote:
rasturai wrote:

Lifts would be:
Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Chin up (1RM)
Dips
I guess curls too

Also is a double bodyweight raw bench considered pretty good, or very strong?

Full Squat 600
Bench 440-500
Deadlift 700+
Say 75 consecutive dips

And yes, I just guesstimated numbers. But if you hit those, you’re stronger all-around than pretty much everybody.[/quote]

Fuck- you’d be holy batshit strong at 300 of BW if you could do all that. 450ish is really a deep rubicon in raw benching that very few lifters cross. I saw doven of guys benchign 4 plates before I started training at a hardcore, but only one hit 455 and none hitting 5 plates (that is- without “heavy finger spotting”).

Pinto, I know one guy who can who I know has hit everything except the chins and dips at 200. I’m reasonably sure he’d do the dips and be close to the chins.
Given he’s the only person I know who elicits a “holy shit” amongst admittedly ordinary level powerlifters, I think it’s a good benchmark.

I’m fairly sure at 300 practically no-one would do a 300lb chin-up and 75 consecutive dips.

440, or 200kg, is kinda a gold standard in the bench that most people don’t cross no matter how long they train, so it’s good standard!

I think the main thing is, if you want to be considered exceptional amongst very strong people the standard is a hell of a lot higher.

[quote]smokotime wrote:

Full Squat 600
Bench 440-500
Deadlift 700+
Say 75 consecutive dips

And yes, I just guesstimated numbers. But if you hit those, you’re stronger all-around than pretty much everybody.[/quote]

I guess it depends on your definition of beastly, holy batshit strong :slight_smile: If you mean best in the world, yes, if you mean top 10% of powerlifters, no, those numbers are too high.

In 2007 the best 198 raw PL total was 1585 (200+ lbs short of your benchmark) and in 2008 the best was 1758 (Ryan Celli who is a league of his own, was voted best raw PLer in 2008 and still not your 1800) and the next best was 1600. Again I am assuming you are talking raw, full gear those numbers would put you top 10%.

Celli hit 1807 this year at raw unity, beating Pacifico’s best raw total and the record.

Damn. I found out why Ryan Celli is so strong: Ryan Celli crazy bench workout - YouTube

Rofl.

Yeah I’m talking raw, belt allowed of course. But that’s about it.

[quote]goochadamg wrote:
Damn. I found out why Ryan Celli is so strong: Ryan Celli crazy bench workout - YouTube

Rofl.
[/quote]

looks like they took all the assistance stuff at the gym and were like, “lets see if you can bench it”

super strong

4/5/6

most peoples definition of strong

3/4/5

[quote]CPerfringens wrote:

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.htm [/quote]

By those standards I’m between intermediate and advanced, and I KNOW I’m not between intermediate and advanced in reality. The definition of intermediate ought to be made for novice, and the stats used for elite are really just advanced. I suppose it’s a nice table for the average person to feel good about their self, but that’s about it.

[quote]kylec72 wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:

By those standards I’m between intermediate and advanced, and I KNOW I’m not between intermediate and advanced in reality. The definition of intermediate ought to be made for novice, and the stats used for elite are really just advanced. I suppose it’s a nice table for the average person to feel good about their self, but that’s about it.[/quote]

You have to consider that “elite” is described as %1 of trained individuals. That’s 1/100 trained people with those numbers.

If you start listing big names for truely strong individuals, you should quickly realize that these are more like 1 in a million people.

[quote]Tim Henriques wrote:
smokotime wrote:

Full Squat 600
Bench 440-500
Deadlift 700+
Say 75 consecutive dips

And yes, I just guesstimated numbers. But if you hit those, you’re stronger all-around than pretty much everybody.

I guess it depends on your definition of beastly, holy batshit strong :slight_smile: If you mean best in the world, yes, if you mean top 10% of powerlifters, no, those numbers are too high.

In 2007 the best 198 raw PL total was 1585 (200+ lbs short of your benchmark) and in 2008 the best was 1758 (Ryan Celli who is a league of his own, was voted best raw PLer in 2008 and still not your 1800) and the next best was 1600. Again I am assuming you are talking raw, full gear those numbers would put you top 10%.[/quote]

I should’ve just kept my mouth shut! ;P. They are stupidly high numbers, to be honest.
To qualify it a little, these would be raw gym lifts. Touch and go bench, hitched deadlift.
I consider beastly strong to be where almost no-one knows anyone stronger than you, and strong people are impressed. Top 10% of powerlifters wouldn’t really cut it, since you run into a fair few powerlifters stronger than you.

I was thinking 600/400/600, but the thought came to me that I know a few people who CAN do that and aren’t total freaks.

[quote]TooHuman wrote:
kylec72 wrote:
CPerfringens wrote:

By those standards I’m between intermediate and advanced, and I KNOW I’m not between intermediate and advanced in reality. The definition of intermediate ought to be made for novice, and the stats used for elite are really just advanced. I suppose it’s a nice table for the average person to feel good about their self, but that’s about it.

You have to consider that “elite” is described as %1 of trained individuals. That’s 1/100 trained people with those numbers.

If you start listing big names for truely strong individuals, you should quickly realize that these are more like 1 in a million people.[/quote]

Exactly.
“Elite: Refers specifically to athletes competing in strength sports.”

Basically, that’s where you should be (at least) if you want to compete seriously. :wink: Unfortunately, I’m at advanced for the bench & squat, and only intermediate for deadlift. :-/

on that chart the elite for 320 is in mid 400’s i dont know if its me but i actually maxed out at 405 at 295lbs the day i turned 18…

1.5 your body weight is good but i wouldnt say elite idk

I agree with the RAW Numbers of 400/500/600

But Its pretty subjective to each person…A person who trains at EFTS would think I’m as strong as 6 year old girl…But I’m one of the strongest guys at my gym and can come damn close to 400/500/500.

I guess I do need to mention that its a pansy Gold’s where I am one of 10 people who actually Squat to parallel and one of 3 that do deads…