Good Little Post Workout Carb Boost

Hey guys I don’t post on the forms alot but im a constant reader. I recently tried to come up with a little High Fiber Carb snack thats pretty damn tasty and portable, sooo with a little searching and doing a little addition of my own heres what I got.

375 ml 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
375 ml 1 1/2 cup All-Bran cereal
250 ml 1 cup ground flax seed
125 ml 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
15 ml 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
5 ml 1 tsp baking powder
5 ml 1 tsp baking soda
1 ml 1/4 tsp salt
250 ml 1 cup raisins or chopped dates
250 ml 1 cup grated carrots
425 ml 1 3/4 cup buttermilk or soured milk
50 ml 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg, lightly beaten

• grated rind of 1 lemon or orange

Anyways these baby’s are pretty tasty. There super high in Fiber and with that little flax I throw in you get some of those essential fats. Anyways hope you guys enjoy them as much as I have been!

Umm for those of us who aren’t alchemists with labs full of measuring devices, good ol’ dextrose and whey sounds mighty yummy! :wink:

[quote]sumgai wrote:
Umm for those of us who aren’t alchemists with labs full of measuring devices, good ol’ dextrose and whey sounds mighty yummy! ;)[/quote]

crap post, he’s offering a recipe that he took the time to come up with that has a lot of fiber. if you don’t need/appreciate it, keep to yourself.

to the OP, how many servings does that make, and do you have the macronutrient breakdown? pretty carb heavy upon first glance (by design i’m sure)

I thought that fats and fiber should be avoided post workout?

What about subbing olive oil instead of vegetable oil? My roommates are all about the veg oil cause its cheap, and I checked the one bottle. Apparently it was made from 100% soy.

No protein then?

[quote]Bujutsuka wrote:
I thought that fats and fiber should be avoided post workout?[/quote]

Yes they should, no offence but as a postworkout shake this one is pretty bad; next to no protein, fiber, fats and brown sugar as a carb source. Stick to whey, maltodextrin and dextrose or go the convenient route and buy Surge.

Yeah seriously- pretty much the worst carb sources PWO and little to no protein. I’m actually having trouble finding a time in the day when this “meal” would even be appropriate. I can appreciate the effort put into creating it, and I’m sure it tastes good (maybe), but it really has no place in anything other than a purely bulking diet. And even then it should have more protein.

I posted it as a thing I use, I also have a shake after with Milk… and With Protein Powder.
Its not my WHOLE Diet… I just don’t eat Muffins all day and use it as my Staple DIET!

I use it to eat “AFTER” a workout as a LOW GI Carbohydrate

[quote]KryptKeepa wrote:
I posted it as a thing I use, I also have a shake after with Milk… and With Protein Powder.
Its not my WHOLE Diet… I just don’t eat Muffins all day and use it as my Staple DIET!

I use it to eat “AFTER” a workout as a LOW GI Carbohydrate [/quote]

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: Some people don’t get it. Like it’s infinitely hard to eat some chicken/beef/whey with this stuff.

Thanks Champ, Appreciate it!

[quote]hockechamp14 wrote:
KryptKeepa wrote:

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: Some people don’t get it. Like it’s infinitely hard to eat some chicken/beef/whey with this stuff.[/quote]

No we get it. But who would want to eat a low GI carb source after a workout?

Me because after the initial High Sugar Shake Carbs are gone out of my bloodstream theres going to be that low GI Carb still working, and its some extra calories in the morning to give me a boost. Ive always heard while bulking eat as much good calories as you can, well I would imagine this would be one of those foods.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
KryptKeepa wrote:

Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile: Some people don’t get it. Like it’s infinitely hard to eat some chicken/beef/whey with this stuff.

No we get it. But who would want to eat a low GI carb source after a workout?[/quote]

What’s wrong with a low-gi carb source? If you had a post training drink you really don’t need anymore…

eengrms76 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
KryptKeepa wrote:

What’s wrong with a low-gi carb source? If you had a post training drink you really don’t need anymore…[/quote]

So it seems I am posting without a full understanding of the situation. At no point did he indicate he was having a real PWO shake. He implied he was using this as his post-workout nutrition. You cannot criticize my review of the situation when I haven’t been given the complete picture.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
KryptKeepa wrote:

What’s wrong with a low-gi carb source? If you had a post training drink you really don’t need anymore…

So it seems I am posting without a full understanding of the situation. At no point did he indicate he was having a real PWO shake. He implied he was using this as his post-workout nutrition. You cannot criticize my review of the situation when I haven’t been given the complete picture.[/quote]

Then you should ask questions before trying to tear him a new asshole.

eengrms76 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
hockechamp14 wrote:
KryptKeepa wrote:

So it seems I am posting without a full understanding of the situation. At no point did he indicate he was having a real PWO shake. He implied he was using this as his post-workout nutrition. You cannot criticize my review of the situation when I haven’t been given the complete picture.

Then you should ask questions before trying to tear him a new asshole.[/quote]

Since when is this forum an ask first then criticize forum. Did you bother to ask me if I knew he had a real PWO shake prior to trying to tear me a new one?

[quote]ratm88 wrote:
Bujutsuka wrote:
I thought that fats and fiber should be avoided post workout?

Yes they should, no offence but as a postworkout shake this one is pretty bad; next to no protein, fiber, fats and brown sugar as a carb source. Stick to whey, maltodextrin and dextrose or go the convenient route and buy Surge. [/quote]

Thank you! :wink: Some people think they know what they’re talking about but it’s just a waste of time convincing them of it. Let em figure it out the hard way.

[quote]gi2eg wrote:
sumgai wrote:
Umm for those of us who aren’t alchemists with labs full of measuring devices, good ol’ dextrose and whey sounds mighty yummy! :wink:

crap post, he’s offering a recipe that he took the time to come up with that has a lot of fiber. if you don’t need/appreciate it, keep to yourself.

[/quote]

What are you, the forum police?

agree with eengrms76. while the recipe is good and all, next time make it clear you don’t bring those to the gym with you :stuck_out_tongue: