Good Hypertrophy.

Anyone ever been in a school play or something where the character would be a badass real big beefcake?

Well, I am, and part of the character’s description is being tall and sinewy (muscular).

I am tall and muscular (very muscular by my highschool’s standards). They were having a hard time finding anyone that was big and had enough muscle for people to notice and could actually read and act well at the same time at my school. One girl who pretty much organizes these plays and stuff just happened to catch me take off my sweater (which I always wear, because I am a self concious pansy. Even when it’s hot, I won’t wear the sweater but will have a loose long sleeve button shirt on, so no one ever knows what I looke like underneath. I mean they usually have some idea that I am “big” but they don’t really know) and shirt after school (I don’t know where)so she bolted over to the play moderator and said “Have Harry do it!”. So I was practically assaulted by a troupe of theater girls and dragged over to the moderator so I could audition for that part in the play.

Now, I could definitely fit the role now. Hell I could have even fit the role half a year ago, but I want to impress people more than I can now. You know, you know your big, but you think “I could be bigger.”

Most of you already know that I am currently on the Westside Barbell for Skinny Bastards program, and I am making pretty damn good gains on it. But I was wondering, how much exactly is that program doing for hypertrophy as opposed to other programs. Or perhaps I should just stick with this program. I was thinking that I should stick with WS for Skinny Bastards, but if there is any things I can do to get a moderate amount of size packed on I wouldn’t mind a little digression as long as it has some better results in the hypertrophy department than WS for Skinny Bastards (which I am doubting anything can right now). I have a few months to prepare, so either way, I’m going to be bigger. But I thought this would be a good question to discuss with the T-Community.

[quote]harryhoudini wrote:
Anyone ever been in a school play or something where the character would be a badass real big beefcake?

Well, I am, and part of the character’s description is being tall and sinewy (muscular).

I am tall and muscular (very muscular by my highschool’s standards). They were having a hard time finding anyone that was big and had enough muscle for people to notice and could actually read and act well at the same time at my school. One girl who pretty much organizes these plays and stuff just happened to catch me take off my sweater (which I always wear, because I am a self concious pansy. Even when it’s hot, I won’t wear the sweater but will have a loose long sleeve button shirt on, so no one ever knows what I looke like underneath. I mean they usually have some idea that I am “big” but they don’t really know) and shirt after school (I don’t know where)so she bolted over to the play moderator and said “Have Harry do it!”. So I was practically assaulted by a troupe of theater girls and dragged over to the moderator so I could audition for that part in the play.

Now, I could definitely fit the role now. Hell I could have even fit the role half a year ago, but I want to impress people more than I can now. You know, you know your big, but you think “I could be bigger.”

Most of you already know that I am currently on the Westside Barbell for Skinny Bastards program, and I am making pretty damn good gains on it. But I was wondering, how much exactly is that program doing for hypertrophy as opposed to other programs. Or perhaps I should just stick with this program. I was thinking that I should stick with WS for Skinny Bastards, but if there is any things I can do to get a moderate amount of size packed on I wouldn’t mind a little digression as long as it has some better results in the hypertrophy department than WS for Skinny Bastards (which I am doubting anything can right now). I have a few months to prepare, so either way, I’m going to be bigger. But I thought this would be a good question to discuss with the T-Community. [/quote]

How much time do you have?? sinewy doesnt mean HUGE you need to be RIPPED and with the stage lighting etc you will lok much larger If your carrying some good LBM thus far. So if you got OK size I say diet down and get RIPPED ass shredded if you only have a short time.

Phill

Well, actually, I am an important leading role in Julius Ceasar, and the character is described as having a huge sinewy figure, with a hungry look to him.

Roman Soldiers are muscle bound badasses.

And I don’t really wan’t to get any more ripped than I am now, because I am afraid that would tax my performance in the wieghtroom. I’m sure I’m already pretty damn low in bodyfat based on all my striations and my “Ript Abz”

And I have a few months to make some gains, so I don’t feel too much pressure. I was just wondering that for my new goal to gain size, should I just keep doing the Skinny Bastards program, or is there anything more hypertrophy based that I could REALLY use right now and get better results than from my current program.

Well, actually, I am an important leading role in Julius Ceasar, and the character is described as having a huge sinewy figure, with a hungry look to him.

And I don’t really wan’t to get any more ripped than I am now, because I am afraid that would tax my performance in the wieghtroom. I’m sure I’m already pretty damn low in bodyfat based on all my striations and my “Ript Abz”

And I have a few months to make some gains, so I don’t feel too much pressure. I was just wondering that for my new goal to gain size, should I just keep doing the Skinny Bastards program, or is there anything more hypertrophy based that I could REALLY use right now and get better results than from my current program.[/quote]

If your goal is get bigger stronger etc id stick to the logn term goals and yes WS4SB will fit the bill if your all ready ripped and Hungry looking LOL

And I have a few months to make some gains, so I don’t feel too much pressure. I was just wondering that for my new goal to gain size, should I just keep doing the Skinny Bastards program, or is there anything more hypertrophy based that I could REALLY use right now and get better results than from my current program.[/quote]

WS4SB is good but my real question is: why the extra hundred words talking about the play and all. It was a good story though, just making a note.

I guess because I like to talk. And it gives you an idea of the type of build I am looking to fit.

Seems to me like you answered your own question.

At one point you doubt whether there is anything that could give you better gains than what you are doing, and then ask if you should change… Why take the chance, it’s working for you…

Like phil said, this is for the long term.

One other thing to think if is that if you look at the model of anatomical adaption, the first few weeks are just getting neurologically used to a program. So if you change now, it’ll be a couple weeks before you really start building muscle again. Why waste the time if you are making good gains?

Thanks man. Yeah, I guess I did answer my own question. Maybe I should start doing things without looking for reassurance sometimes.

Thanks for the replies/support everyone.