Good Hot Sauce...

[quote]BigRagoo wrote:
Crystal
Louisiana
Cholula
Tabasco

I like Crystal and Louisiana the best because they aren’t just hot, but have a nice flavor to them. Tabasco is when you want some heat to your food.[/quote]

What about Ortego’s…It’s an La. brand, got a pic of old man Ortego on it w/ his straw hat.Thats a good one, you can find in state BigRagoo.

Personally I get a cpl gallons of my uncle’s home made back every yr. Takes over a yr to make w/ letting the peppers set an soak.

nando’s extra hot peri peri

I don’t know why people make a big deal about heat. I’ve tried plenty of tough-guy bs wing-sauces, and they’re largely heat without flavor. There’s a point where it’s no longer about flavor enhancement.

[quote]DrVonNostrand wrote:
I don’t know why people make a big deal about heat. I’ve tried plenty of tough-guy bs wing-sauces, and they’re largely heat without flavor. There’s a point where it’s no longer about flavor enhancement.[/quote]

Hey now that’s a thought. There are some Indian spices that I could try too. Hmmm…

[quote]APE. wrote:
BigRagoo wrote:
Crystal
Louisiana
Cholula
Tabasco

I like Crystal and Louisiana the best because they aren’t just hot, but have a nice flavor to them. Tabasco is when you want some heat to your food.

What about Ortego’s…It’s an La. brand, got a pic of old man Ortego on it w/ his straw hat.Thats a good one, you can find in state BigRagoo.

Personally I get a cpl gallons of my uncle’s home made back every yr. Takes over a yr to make w/ letting the peppers set an soak.

[/quote]

Hmm, I’ll keep an eye out for Ortega’s

Franks
Texas Pete
Crystal
#1 of all time Cholula!!

Tabasco isn’t really hot sauce IMO It’s really just heat. Granted if thats all I have I will use it but not without bithcing first! It does do something magical to MRE’s tho lol.

[quote]1fastford wrote:
Franks
Texas Pete
Crystal
#1 of all time Cholula!!

Tabasco isn’t really hot sauce IMO It’s really just heat. Granted if thats all I have I will use it but not without bithcing first! It does do something magical to MRE’s tho lol.[/quote]

Correct. Tabasco doesn’t have much flavor other than the essence of pepper heat. If you like the heat of tabasco, but like the flavor of another, put a couple dashes of tabasco and a couple dashes of your fav sauce.

Hot sauce is most definitely a staple in this italian cajun’s house.

Cholula
Chipotle Tabasco
Bufalo brand chipotle sauce

Or make your own by sticking some cherry toms, salt, softened chipotles and a little rice vinegar in a blender.

Yes, I’m a fan of chipotles.

Not really for veggies, but my favorite is El Yucatecho. Great flavor, with habenero heat.

And for the guy who mentioned Dave’s insanity sauce, it is good only for practical jokes.

[quote]ninearms wrote:
Cholula
Chipotle Tabasco
Bufalo brand chipotle sauce

Or make your own by sticking some cherry toms, salt, softened chipotles and a little rice vinegar in a blender.

Yes, I’m a fan of chipotles.[/quote]

If you like Chipotle, try La Perferida’s, one of the warmer Chipotles I have had. Very good on eggs.
http://www.lapreferida.com/Products.htm

I own a hot sauce shop. I have tried 95% of the sauces I sell, and I would recommend the following for vegetables.

Crazy Jerry’s Plum Good Dippin’ and Bastin’ Sauce

Cholula - good on anything.

Tabasco Chipotle or Soy Sauce

Backdraft Fire Sauce

Taheati Tropi-garlic

Crazy Mother Pucker’s Peachy Perversion

Peppers Roasted Chipotle Raspberry Sauce

Georgia Peach and Vidalia Onion

All of these have low heat and great flavor. They enhance any vegetable and many meats.

I don’t know why people make a big deal about heat. I’ve tried plenty of tough-guy bs wing-sauces, and they’re largely heat without flavor. There’s a point where it’s no longer about flavor enhancement.[/quote]

If you ain’t sweatin’ you ain’t eatin’.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:
DrVonNostrand wrote:
I don’t know why people make a big deal about heat. I’ve tried plenty of tough-guy bs wing-sauces, and they’re largely heat without flavor. There’s a point where it’s no longer about flavor enhancement.

If you ain’t sweatin’ you ain’t eatin’.[/quote]

I agree, but I like my hot sauce to have flavor (vinegar isn’t a good flavor). Because of this, I grow my own chilly peppers, dry them, and then add the powder to my sauce of choice or just make my own. Chitepins are really good for this.

Grace Hot Pepper Sauce from Jamaica.

Cholula[/quote]

This gets my vote, i got through like a bottle a week.

–JB

Franks is the best in my opinion , Not to hot , plenty of flavor . If you wanna " kick it up a notch " Go to a gourmet food store . They usually have underground HOT ,HOT sauces that will burn your balls off . None for me thanks !!!

If you wanna keep it au-natural try this .If you want to keep it au - natural
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_33536,00.html?rsrc=search

You can find allot more to !!!

[quote]chewie wrote:
http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm[/quote]

this stuff is the best. so tasty and a little sweet but with a kick.

all you need is this and tapitio

I like Frank’s red hot sauce. I’m also lucky to have a store close to me that sells tons of sauces and spices.

Can’t go wrong with Frank’s, Crystal or Sriracha, but give Sylvia’s a try too. Great flavor. That woman knows her food. Her kidney beans are instrumental in my chili recipe.