Good Hot Sauce...

Hi everyone, I’m trying those veggies (mostly broccolli) and right now I’m using Soy sauce. This is ok I guess, but what I’d really like is some good hot sauce.

So, two questions:

• Has anyone ever seen this hot sauce made by a company called Wings? I’ve only ever seen it in Canada and then only in little packets. Is it here in bottle form somewhere?

• Does anyone have any good recommendations for a hot sauce to go on boiled veggies?

Frank’s Red Hot is one of the best tasting out there, and it has a decent kick if you use enough. Personally, when I make buffalo wings I take the time to make my own sauce, which involves Frank’s, tabasco, and cholula, among other things.

http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm

How hot are you trying to go? Dave’s insanity sauce is tasty and lives up to it’s moniker.

[quote]WhiteFlash wrote:
How hot are you trying to go? Dave’s insanity sauce is tasty and lives up to it’s moniker.[/quote]

Well, not too hot (i.e. it can burn on the way in, but not on the way out).

I put in my vote for Franks Red Hot also. It’s mild enough to not burn to much, and has a nice light vinegary flavor.

I’m from Buffalo and that is the sauce of choice for wings for sure…

Try just marinating your chicken breast in some Franks and then grilling…it’s great, simple and quick!

[quote]chewie wrote:
http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/sriracha.htm [/quote]

Sriracha is the best. I don’t like Franks aftertaste.

But Sriracha is a lot hotter than Franks. If it’s for your veggies, mix it with olive oil so you can dilute it and cover all your veggies.

Cholula

go on mohotta.com but becarful

[quote]Chef Lisa Marie wrote:
I put in my vote for Franks Red Hot also. It’s mild enough to not burn to much, and has a nice light vinegary flavor.

I’m from Buffalo and that is the sauce of choice for wings for sure…

Try just marinating your chicken breast in some Franks and then grilling…it’s great, simple and quick! [/quote]

Frank’s get my vote. I started using it in the 1970’s to make C-Rats taste better, then on MRE’s in the 1980’s. In the years since I haven’t lost my taste for it.

I’m a big fan of jerk sauces, specifically “grace” brand jerk sauce. I bet you have a store with a super wide variety of hot sauces near you.

-chris

I like Crystal Hot Sauce. A step down from Tabasco on the hotness scale but I love it. Also comes in big bottles.

Crystal
Louisiana
Cholula
Tabasco

I like Crystal and Louisiana the best because they aren’t just hot, but have a nice flavor to them. Tabasco is when you want some heat to your food.

Sriracha
Cholula
Tapatio
El Pato (The Duck)

Of course, I’m not a fan of the vinegar aftertaste so I’m a little biased. I also make my own.

At first only a few drops of tabasco would have my mouth on fire. Not so much anymore. The last time I went out to breakfast I put so much tabasco on my dish that the people at the table next to us were complaining about their eyes watering.

Anyway for pure fire I like anything habanero based, like melindas or tabasco habanero. I find franks to be too mild, but it is easily palatable by nOObs. Choula (sp?) is also a good mild sauce.

Louisiana
Tapatio
Cajun Chef
Tabasco Habanero

Wow! Thanks for the responses everyone! Lots of great suggestions to try out.

[quote]Frank Castle wrote:

Anyway for pure fire I like anything habanero based, like melindas or tabasco habanero. I find franks to be too mild, but it is easily palatable by nOObs. Choula (sp?) is also a good mild sauce. [/quote]

My buddy got a small bottle of pure habanero extract. A drop or two of that shit will make any sauce hot. He got me to put some on a cracker to try it out, and since it didn’t kick in right away I went back for more. A couple minutes later I was looking for a sharp knife to cut my tongue out!

I don’t like tabasco as a stand-alone. But it’s an easy way to add heat to the milder, tastier sauces.