Good Home Gym Cost

How much would you say it costs to set up a good home gym, out of curiosity? One guy I know said it cost him about $4655. And that wasn’t including the 700lbs+ of plates, bars, attachments, and other misc. stuff.

I thought about buying myself a home gym and the total sum was less than $600. It was very basic though just a power rack, mat, DIF bench, 300lb Olympic weight set, and of course a dip belt.

[quote]jsbrook wrote:
How much would you say it costs to set up a good home gym, out of curiosity? One guy I know said it cost him about $4655. And that wasn’t including the 700lbs+ of plates, bars, attachments, and other misc. stuff.[/quote]

You should be able to get the basics for less than $1,000 depending on the brand.

For example, if you’re looking for a basic set up, you can get a Body Solid or NY Barbell power rack for less than $300, an Olympic barbell set for about $150 (or less), a flat bench for $60 and a few smaller things for less than $100.

Or, you could get an Elite Standard Power Rack (~$700), a Texas Power Bar ($200), Olympic weights ($100) and a flat bench ($60-300). It would be similar to the above but this would be a higher quality set up.

You could spend as little or as much as you want. It depends on your budget, needs and wants.