Good Hip Hop?

I should note that this thread is closed to 781.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Wow, it’s really damn annoying when I make an entire post and it asks me to log in. Here’s a few to start out with: You’re welcome.

9th Wonder

Saigon

Skyzoo

One Be Lo

Kaze

People Under the Stairs

EMC

AZ

Beanie Sigel

Devin the Dude

Gang Starr

Immortal Technique

Kenn Starr

Little Brother

Mobb Deep

(old) Nas

Pharcyde

Royal Flush

Black Star

Anyway, just a few to get your feet wet. There’s plenty more where those came from.[/quote]

nice list

I’m really surprised that you guys have such good taste in tunes. Thanks SSC for a great list!

Saigon- C’mon Baby is a new classic.

Anything by Cassidy… one of the meanest in the game. the remix of “My Drink n’ My Two Step” is fuckin fire, and old favorites like “Hustler”.

50’s new song “Get Up” is great, especially for working out. I dig all the GUnit shit, especially Young Buck and Lloyd Banks. Some smooth motherfuckers.

The Game’s “LAX” is one of the best albums I’ve heard in a long time. Really has an old-school West Coast feel. Here’s “State of Emergency”, which is awesome.

Come see Killa by Cam’ron is another badass tune.

By My Side- Jadakiss - Good NY shit.

And anything that TI comes out with.

Pretty much everyone has been mentioned (other than The Coup and Dead Prez)… but in terms of weight lifting music these are hands down some of the best to get pumped:

MOP- Ante Up Remix M.O.P. Feat. Busta Rhymes, Tephlon, Remy - Ante Up Remix - YouTube
(i like the original better overall, but Busta’s verse is too much)

Eminem feat. Nate Dogg- Till I Collapse - YouTube
h?v=CN1_Hm4vTRk
(ignore the intro)

Nelly- Here comes the Boom Nelly - Here Comes The Boom - YouTube
(not a big Nelly fan but this is perfect for the gym)

Tupac feat. Outlawz- Hail Mary Immortal Technique -- Point of No Return - YouTube

Ice Cube- It takes a Nation - YouTube

Royce Da 5’9- Boom - YouTube

Edit: Ditto on Get Up and LAX, Dope Boys is another I forgot to add (though idk about Banks… Buck & Game’s diss track to G-Unit’s pretty sick though).

Lil Wayne!!

j/k

Wu Tang
Biggie
Nas
Old Eminem
Big L
Anything produced by Pete Rock
Tupac
Anything produced by Dre
The Game
Juice
Ya Boi
Anything by Black Wallstreet
Old Ice Cube
Jadakiss

7L & Esoteric
Jedi Mind Tricks
Old Jay Z
Outerspace

the list goes on and on and on…

Big L, Nas, Heltah Skeltah, Smif-n-Wessun, O.G.C., A Tribe Called Quest, The Pharcyde, Rakim, Blu & Exile, Black Star, Charles Hamilton, Common Market. That’s only a few but that should be enough for you to find stuff on your own.

I don’t know if anyone said this already but if not shame on you guys.

BIGGIE SMALLS IS THE ILLEST

Seriously, get all his shit, Warning and Beef are two of the nastiest track ever

Dilated Peoples

I would start of with tribe and just let that take u wherever it does!!!

All I can tell you is the Wu-Tang Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with and they straight from the mothafuckin’ slums that’s busted. And shame on you when you step through to the Ol’ Dirty Bastard Brooklyn Zoo.

[quote]Zackgsc wrote:
7L & Esoteric
[/quote]
yes

Cunninlynguists
Ice Cube
Kid Cudi
Blu
Mf Doom

ah yeah, mf doom…

Blu & Exile

Murs & 9th Wonder

Murs - Just a funny song that gives me flashbacks of Saturday mornings when I was a kid.

/thread

7L & Esoteric are also whack, saw them live as they were part of this free concert of Boston based hip-hop