Good Hip Hop?

Anybody want to point me in the right direction ?

I don’t have a specific time frame, little known, or the biggest names there are that I just haven’t taken notice of.

I’ve always thought of myself as somebody who appreciates good music, no matter what the genre, and as im filling up the new iPod i wanted to see if anybody could suggest some stuff that will just completely blow my mind.

As far as stuff i listen to that i like, I have quite a bit of Kanye and Nas, they haven’t lead me too wrong so far, I think I listened to Hip Hop is dead for every new max attempt during my sophomore year.

Kanye bugs me sometimes with his personality, and i hate that he thinks he’s a singer now, but they guys stuff is just produced so damn well.

Lil Wayne…not so crazy about they guy.

I don’t know if its Hip Hop but I liked the Timbaland album Shock Value alot - although I think its pretty dated now, I was just late getting it.

Flo Rida I thought has some pretty decent songs.

I really need some new stuff myself so I can’t help much.

Theres a song that Timbaland did called Bounce that I really like, features a bunch of other people.

Also, I really like T.I right now, that song he did with Timberlake at the Grammys, “Dead and Gone” ive been listening to that like once a day since i heard it.

I remember when he came out Rubberband man like 6 years ago, liked him then too.

Wow, it’s really damn annoying when I make an entire post and it asks me to log in. Here’s a few to start out with: You’re welcome.

9th Wonder

Saigon

Skyzoo

One Be Lo

Kaze

People Under the Stairs

EMC

AZ

Beanie Sigel

Devin the Dude

Gang Starr

Immortal Technique

Kenn Starr

Little Brother

Mobb Deep

(old) Nas

Pharcyde

Royal Flush

Black Star

Anyway, just a few to get your feet wet. There’s plenty more where those came from.

Thank You.

Guess this is what ill be doing with my day off.

Atmosphere, Blackalicious, Aseop Rock, Infectious Organisms, Brother Ali, Juggaknots, Dierse, Lupe Fiasco, Aceyalone, Sage Francis, The Streets (UK Band), Illogic, The Chicharones, Cunnin Lynguists, Danger Mouse, Dialated Peoples, Flipsyde.

I don’t have all these fancy links (lol) but there is a list of some sick Ungerground Hip Hop. I hate Radio-Rap. ugh.

Good luck, Immortal Techniques are sick shit too!

youngstar - knocking pictures off the wall

get it b*tch - trap stars

ludacris has some good songs for lifting…

juvenile’s older CDs had some good songs

fat pat - tops drop/25 lighters

lil john

marshall mathers

tupac

scarface

…mostly southern rap

you can also find some good songs from freeway, uncle buck, jay -z, BIGGIE…

there tons out there. I am have a brain cramp… must eat(drink) breakfast.

[quote]B rocK wrote:
Atmosphere, Blackalicious, Aseop Rock, Infectious Organisms, Brother Ali, Juggaknots, Dierse, Lupe Fiasco, Aceyalone, Sage Francis, The Streets (UK Band), Illogic, The Chicharones, Cunnin Lynguists, Danger Mouse, Dialated Peoples, Flipsyde.
![/quote]

Outside of Atmosphere, Ali, and Lupe, the rest of that stuff is garbage to me.

My current favorites:

Drake
Trae
Z-Ro
Bun B
TI
G-Side
Wayne
Jay
Saigon
Royce

Wu-Tang Clan

The Roots - Do You Want More

GhostFace Killah - Iron Man and Supremem Clientele

Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx

Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor and The Cool

Common - Resurrection, Be, Like Water for Chocolate

Talib Kweli - Right About Now: The Sucka Free Mix Tape

Mos Def - Black on Both Sides

–Can’t go wrong with anything off of those albums plus they’re a great transition into deeper more underground stuff

aesop rock, viktor vaughn aka mf doom, chali 2na, lyrics born, lateef the truth speaker, blackalicious / gift of gab, diverse, the visionaries, fingernabgerz, mc chris, jedi mind tricks / army of the pharaohs, mr lif, cannibal ox, cool calm pete, cage…

on the dj side we have: dj shadow, q-bert, dj nu-mark, peanut butter wolf, dj z-trip, rjd2, cut chemist, girl talk, hollertronix / diplo…

way way too many to mention.

Wu Tang Clan, DMX (The first 2 albums), Mobb Deep (Hell on Earth Album)

I’ll try and put down some ones which a’int been said so:

Jurassic 5, Edgar Allen Floe, Zion I, Foreign Exchange, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Reflection Eternal, Eric B. & Rakim, Strange Fruit Project, Souls of Mischief, Wise Intelligent, Murs, Buckshot, Slum Village, Black Milk, Illa J, Madvillian, Afu-Ra, DJ Premier, Inverse…

there’s loads more. Check those out though.

[quote]esk221 wrote:
B rocK wrote:
!

My current favorites:

Drake
Trae
Z-Ro
Bun B
TI
G-Side
Wayne
Jay
Saigon
Royce[/quote]

That’s fine man, everyone can have their own opinion. No need to crap on music I love when this kid just wanted some suggestions.

[quote]JGerman wrote:
…mostly southern rap[/quote]

if you like dirty south rap you should check out the mixtape “Fear & Loathing In Hunts Vegas” presented by Benzi and Diplo. it’s awesome.

Oh yeah, I forgot - Boot Camp Click!

[quote]B rocK wrote:
esk221 wrote:
B rocK wrote:
!

My current favorites:

Drake
Trae
Z-Ro
Bun B
TI
G-Side
Wayne
Jay
Saigon
Royce

That’s fine man, everyone can have their own opinion. No need to crap on music I love when this kid just wanted some suggestions. [/quote]

Yeah, lets not crap on anybodies music choice, different strokes for different folks I suppose.

Gotta go pickup a new USB cord for my iPod and then Ill be adding quite a bit of this to my workout playlists.

That’s why I said it was garbage TO ME. I’ll never tell anybody what to listen to, unless you’re rocking some Jonas Bros. In that case…

Biggie & Eminem - Dead Wrong

[quote]Wrench wrote:
Wu-Tang Clan[/quote]

I love the Wu, favorite song is triump better yet the whole Wu-Tang Forever album.