Good First Person Shooter

Doom 3 had to much of a story. Once you got a couple levels in you had to do shit in a certain order to get past the level.

Doom or Doom2. Graphics aint great but you can just run around and shoot shit.

Call of Duty Modern Warfare?
Fallout 3?

Too much strategy? I dont know much about either game, but the summary’s sound like they are too indepth for what I am after

Serious Sam and later, Painkiller, are the spiritual heirs of Doom 1/2. You can get them for a few bucks today.

Doom3 was very solid with great playability but compared to Doom1/2, SS or Painkiller, the number of monsters you often fight at the same time is extremely low.

I second Serious Sam.

Never laughed so hard while playing a FPS. Duke Nuke’em is very good too.

call of duty 1

Always a classic

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
I second Serious Sam.

Never laughed so hard while playing a FPS. Duke Nuke’em is very good too.[/quote]

I third Serious Sam.

Just plain FPS mayhem.

[quote]Anonymity wrote:

[quote]Sick Rick wrote:
I second Serious Sam.

Never laughed so hard while playing a FPS. Duke Nuke’em is very good too.[/quote]

I third Serious Sam.

Just plain FPS mayhem.[/quote]

I heard DOOM is good. :slight_smile:

Duck Hunt /

[quote]super saiyan wrote:
Duck Hunt /[/quote]

Hahaha!

COUNTER STRIKE Half life mod …get it from steam games …people still actively play it online it has an almost cult like following …Warning highly addictive also first FPS to use VOIP

Haha, Duck Hunt for the win but more seriously I would say most games nowadays costs $60 and for that amount of money it has to come with some sort of story. I would say grab a military game if you want to just jump online and blast someone but most games have things unlocked for you once you beat the game.

Call of Duty MW2
Battlefield BC 2
Bioshock 1 2
Borderlands
Online mode for all these games are straight

I can’t believe no one has said Left 4 Dead 1/2. Turn on, light up hundreds of motherfucking zombies. Amazing games. They’re available on steam.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Serious Sam and later, Painkiller, are the spiritual heirs of Doom 1/2. You can get them for a few bucks today.

Doom3 was very solid with great playability but compared to Doom1/2, SS or Painkiller, the number of monsters you often fight at the same time is extremely low.

[/quote]

I’d have to second Painkiller, all you do is kill wave after wave of monsters. But from what I remember there were a few minor puzzles but nothing serious.

I’d also recommend playing online as “missions” aren’t as complicated and there are usually plenty of people to “blast”.

[quote]Yonatan wrote:
I can’t believe no one has said Left 4 Dead 1/2. Turn on, light up hundreds of motherfucking zombies. Amazing games. They’re available on steam.[/quote]

L4D2 is all I ever play. Love it. Although I like being the infected more than I do the humans.

WWVD

Serious Sam…straight point and shoot! Simple strategy but the fun is in the numbers.

Painkiller was fun

Counterstrike is the classic that started the 1st person modern craze

F.E.A.R is flatout bad@ss with the bullet time

Of course Max Payne was a blast (bullet time)

Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is up to date fun, little more strategy involved than say Serious Sam.

Modern Warfare 2 was pretty fun.
Gears of War 2 is fun, also chainsaw machine guns (suck it Halo).
The older Call of Duty games were pretty fun and simple as I recall.

As far as mindless violence goes, though, check out the new Dead Rising you don’t have to do jack shit but kill zombies with anything on hand. It’s out soon, I believe.

[quote]dirtbag wrote:
COUNTER STRIKE Half life mod …get it from steam games …people still actively play it online it has an almost cult like following …Warning highly addictive also first FPS to use VOIP[/quote]

This… I still play counter strike… it never gets old especially when you find new maps people made here or there. Has to be a huge cult… millions of people still play. Also team fortress also out of valve.

But battle field 1942 or battle field 2 are also both epic… you can shoot people… hop in a jet and drop bombs on people or hop in a helicopter, tank, jeep etc… even the new battle field is good with the same concept… they never get boring.

edit: Don’t get MW2… that game is a pile of horse shit… totally sucks. COD4 was awesome… MW2 is the same game but made at a much lower standard… only reason its popular is because of all the sheeple same reason halo 3 was popular when it was 10 fold worse then halo 2 and halo 1. They know they can keep at least a percentage of their following so the put out crappy games.