Good Fats-Sesame

I frequently use almond butter and peanut butter as my pre bed fats to go along with a snack of protein, but i was wondering if anyone used or recommends or has heard of sesame tahini?

it is sesame butter basically.
roasted hulled sesame seeds unsalted, made into an almond butter like consistency.
nutritionally
17 grams of fat, 2 of which are saturated.
all 4 carbs are from fiber- has 6 grams of protein.

What does everyone think- is it a legitimate alternative?

Yeah. Look into sesamin too.

Like any nut etc its going to be a good ole fat. I didnt take the time to see if its highly MUFA or PUFA but its one and just adjust your other fat intake to fit the bill

Phill

its only about a dollar more than PB and is all natural as well. so cost wise its not unreasonable

and phil i believe most nuts are monosaturates with the exception of walnuts- but if you have additional background info i would take your word on that

[quote]Millerizer130 wrote:
its only about a dollar more than PB and is all natural as well. so cost wise its not unreasonable

and phil i believe most nuts are monosaturates with the exception of walnuts- but if you have additional background info i would take your word on that[/quote]

Tahini has for every 15g’s 3g’s of MUFA’s and 3.5g’s of PUFA’s.

The mono fat is Oleic Acid which is a good fat, like what’s in olive oil. The poly’s on the other hand are mostly 18:2 n6 Alpha Linolenic Acid with very little n3 with a blance of 56:1. A good reason to make sure your getting enough 0mega 3’s in your diet, and fish oil is better than flax because of the absorbtion reasons.

Hey looked it up and sesame has a pretty damn good profile, balanced if one is getting enough Sats from other sources, MUFA’s and PUFA’s damn near equal

Per 100g

Fats

Total Fat 100 mg
Saturated Fat 14.2 mg
Monounsaturated Fat 39.7 mg
Polyunsaturated Fat 41.7 mg

Phill

great stuff phil, im glad to see your interest.

I have a jar, i think ill stir some up this afternoon.

Its also great to see the balanced mono and poly.

saturated can come from the eye round of steak ill have for dinner :slight_smile:

[quote]Millerizer130 wrote:
great stuff phil, im glad to see your interest.

I have a jar, i think ill stir some up this afternoon.

Its also great to see the balanced mono and poly.

saturated can come from the eye round of steak ill have for dinner :)[/quote]

Hell yhea great plan bro. The sesame oils they use in Chinese food taste damn good as well if you like rich oils

Phill