Good Fat Loss Programs

ok so I was doing the Chad Waterbury method 10x3 and its just to slow :S… any other ideas for a good fat loss workout?

Try CT’s Destroying Fat workout. I just finished up with it and switched to 10x3, and its different enough you should enjoy it.

thanks, I would do 10x3 but I dont like standing around do 3 reps standing around 3 reps ect… it gets boring very fast

Or the Waterbury summer program is good if you like his other stuff or his methods work for you.

CT’s is good too. Poliquin’s lactic acid fatloss stuff is really good if all you do sports wise is lift. It is really hard and makes you retard sore. The idea is that a ton of lacic acid makes for good fat loss and it does, but its painful after the first week.

running man is also a good program to add into a regular weight program.

-chris

[quote]Petermus wrote:
thanks, I would do 10x3 but I dont like standing around do 3 reps standing around 3 reps ect… it gets boring very fast[/quote]

If you’re not huffing and puffing between sets, then clearly you did not use enough weight. I didn’t find myself bored with 35 seconds of rest.

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
Petermus wrote:
thanks, I would do 10x3 but I dont like standing around do 3 reps standing around 3 reps ect… it gets boring very fast

If you’re not huffing and puffing between sets, then clearly you did not use enough weight. I didn’t find myself bored with 35 seconds of rest.[/quote]

I was just thinking that.

Boring? Nope.

I think your problem may be somewhere in that sentence.

There’s no magic program that will ‘optimize’ your fat loss. You either make progress, or you don’t. If you’re making good progress, stick with it. If you’re not making good progress, either

a) you’ve killed your metabolism or
b) you’re not eating right.

How good was your diet? How large was your caloric deficity? How hard were you training?

If your answers are ‘100% clean, 800 kcal, and hard enough to leave me soaked with sweat wishing I’d die’, then yeah, the program isn’t working for some reason. Otherwise, the responsibility is on you to work the program.

[quote]Otep wrote:
ok so I was doing the Chad Waterbury method 10x3 and it’s just too slow

I think your problem may be somewhere in that sentence.

There’s no magic program that will ‘optimize’ your fat loss. You either make progress, or you don’t. If you’re making good progress, stick with it. If you’re not making good progress, either

a) you’ve killed your metabolism or
b) you’re not eating right.

How good was your diet? How large was your caloric deficity? How hard were you training?

If your answers are ‘100% clean, 800 kcal, and hard enough to leave me soaked with sweat wishing I’d die’, then yeah, the program isn’t working for some reason. Otherwise, the responsibility is on you to work the program.[/quote]

lol… I meant time wise slow… I’ll stick with it for a few weeks and up the weight to were its making me “huff and puff”

my weight loss is going well… I just get bored at the gym but ill work on it.

You could try an EDT style workout. Today I was messing around and ended up doing power cleans from the floor + pull ups, then when my grip went out front squats instead of cleans. I was definitely huffing and puffing and almost puked all over the gym floor.

[bump]

[quote]rsg wrote:
TheDudeAbides wrote:
Petermus wrote:

If you’re not huffing and puffing between sets, then clearly you did not use enough weight. I didn’t find myself bored with 35 seconds of rest.

I was just thinking that.

Boring? Nope.[/quote]

Agreed. It’s far from boring. But definitely make sure you’re using appropriate weight.

The first time I ran 10x3, I wasn’t going heavy enough, and left the gym completely dry, I didn’t even have to shower.

When I ran it the second time, and used appropriate weights, it left me sore and soaked.

I’ve done, EDT, Destroying Fat, 10x3, and Summer Project. Of the four, Summer Project was definitely the most intense (and the longest), so I’m partial to that.

WORLDS BEST FAT LOSS PROGRAM EVER.

log off T-Nation, shut down your computer. Go play football.
Run.
Swim.
Jump.
Walk your dog.
Karate.
Tennis.

fuck it, go skipping. just, be more active.

also, stop eating shit food.