Good Exercises for Under Chest?

I was hoping I could get the names of some good exercises that target the area under your chest. The area where your ribs are.

I think TVeddy reccommends bulgarian reverse overhead split flies for those muscles.

The intercostales?

Well, for your external intercostals I’d practice inspiration.
For your internal and innermost intercostals muscles, I’d practice expiration.

You might get a bit of carry-over for each muscle group due to possible dynamic stabilisation, but it’s worth your while practicing both.

Add a bit of trunk rotation for good measure.

Pullovers really get a good stretch in your ribcage. They did it back in the day and look how good Steve Reeves and Reg Park looked.

[quote]Vyapada wrote:
The intercostales?

Well, for your external intercostals I’d practice inspiration.
For your internal and innermost intercostals muscles, I’d practice expiration.

You might get a bit of carry-over for each muscle group due to possible dynamic stabilisation, but it’s worth your while practicing both.

Add a bit of trunk rotation for good measure.[/quote]

Best.Post.

I can’t remember what these are called or even if they’re called anything, but I throw in an exercise occasionally with my dipping station where you lock your elbows and do a kinda reversed shrug movement.

So with elbows locked you let your weight pull you down to where you look like you’re shrugging and then push your shoulders down as hard as you can pulling with the whole area under your armpit.

Kinda weird, but it hits the serratus and intercostals pretty good.