Good Enough for a World Record?

@CT:

His 3rd attempt at about 1:30 mark - wouldn’t that be a new world record (as long as he could test clean…)

Cheers,
M

I know I’m not CT, but . . .

Do you watch a lot of weightlifting videos? I wouldn’t say guys hitting world records in training is a common occurence, but this video is definitely not unique in that regard. And for most guys, there is a significant difference between hitting weights in training and hitting them in competition (drugs, making weight, any number of less than ideal circumstances in competition, etc).

But yes, that last lift is 215kg, 1kg over the current world record of 214kg.

The top lifters routinely lift above their competition bests (sometimes by a lot) and even above world records in training. Sometimes as much as 15kg+ above their max.

1. They normally train at a significanlty heavier bodyweight then they compete in

2. They have much less stress and can attempt a weight tons of times, day after day, increasing their chance of getting it

3. Those who use performance-enhancing drugs and lift in countries without out-of-competition testing usually stop using PED 1-2 months before competing, leading to some fat loss.

4. A lot of them use straps in training to save hands wear and tear. From my experience this can add about 5% to the snatch

I can’t wait to see what Lapikov can do. His two-year ban just finished a couple days ago I think.

I actually think he got banned for using that substance in Jack3d if I’m not mistaken… kind of sucks.

[quote]PB Andy wrote:
I can’t wait to see what Lapikov can do. His two-year ban just finished a couple days ago I think.

I actually think he got banned for using that substance in Jack3d if I’m not mistaken… kind of sucks.[/quote]

Hopefully he can give the Iranians a run for the money and we can see an actual competition.

Do you know if he’ll be competing in the Russian Nationals?