Good day so far

From webster’s dictionary

2-4: canadian for a 24 case of beer. Canadians do not buy beer in six packs or 12 packs, only 2-4’s. Oh sure they have 6 and 12 packs, it’s just that nobody buys them…at least nobody with any self respect.

Cupcake,

Your most recent diatribe has at least two fatal flaws.

Firstly, it is your assumption that it is the forums wish to move in a certain direction. You assume that everyone wants to read what you want to read. Is that really the way “it used to be”? When poor Billy voices opposition, you attempt to squash him with fanciful pros. Billys opinion counts less than yours? You do not deem his comments worthy? How narrow is that?

I, on the other hand, am opting for an open forum where all sides can be looked at. This way we all boraden our horizons. Would you look at just one way to train and then naturally assume that, that is the only correct method and eschew all others from that point forward? Is there but one way to live? Are differing opinions, if offered up in a kindly fashion repulsive to you?

It is apparently not “the righteous being the only ones trying to live my life and save people from themselves”, as you claim. It is apparently you who are infringing on others rights by attempting to remove their right to voice their opinion on an open forum! You do this in the name of “history”. How colorful. How wrong! Whom may I ask, has made you the immoral authority of the T-Fourm?

It is perfectly alright for someone to attempt to point a fellow T-man in a different direction relative to training. This happens all the time, whether an opinion is solicited, or not. However, don’t allow that same person to even whispering a comment that is not in lock step with what you feel is appropriate relative to anything else. The precise time that, that happens the pen comes out of your sheath and begins its flowery attack. How intolerant of you!

Do T-men march in lock step, or do they think for themselves?

As to the second fatal flaw: You accused me of hijacking the thread. When in fact, you are the one who hijacked it!

My first post was a mere nine lines. One of which was wishing the gentleman who began the thread a happy birthday, and many more to come. Is that hijacking a thread? You on the other hand felt a need to respond to my nine lines and also attacked Billy for voicing his own concerns! In fact, look at the amount of space, (prior to this post) that you have taken up ranting about “how things used to be” and railing against free expression. What does that have to do with a fellow T-mans birthday? Who has hijacked the thread?

I leave you in a manner which you are accustomed:

“If we don’t believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all”.

Noam Chomsky

Happy Belated Birthday! I just turned 24 on the 23rd myself. Though I didn’t stay up as late as you. I just watched my football team lose and then had dinner with my family instead of hitting some 19 year-old-ass.

Though, believe me, I’d love to switch it up.

Extremely Minor Hijack:

Why is it assumed that the girls that we have sex with don’t want it too?

ZEB (loose paraphrase):
“They’re daughters… and sisters!”

Well, I’m a son and brother… so what?!

Dan “It takes two to Tango” McVicker

Cake: Relax, Bro. It was just an observation. As for cutting in on other peoples business - this wasn’t exactly a PM conversation, so gear down. Nothing personal EH?

Wideguy: 2-4 = 24 case of beer. Common 24th B-Day gift.

I stand corrected, 2-4 means a case. Some other Canadianisms I learned while bartending:

“Canadian” = Molson
“Blue” = Labatts
“Rye and Ginger” = Whiskey and Ginger Ale

Guys, Cupcake’s entire point is lost on both of you. He is not saying there should be no diversity of opinion here. He is saying that every fucking thread here shouldn’t devolve into a slugfest - and he is absolutely right. This is a thread for Wideguy’s birthday. You wanna talk morals? Start a new thread, don’t hijack every well-meaning thread you see.

Ok.Ok.Ok…

I got it now:

I can say what I want (because you have so nicely given me that right)
*Future note: I am a double XL and my favorite colour is Orange

You can then say what you want about what I said (because you keep refering to this oft-abused and ferociously defended first amendment type thing)

I am then NOT allowed to say what I think about what you said about what I said (because THAT constitues me putting MY “said” as being more important than your “said” and I’m now wrong, even if my original “said” were right in the first place)

What happens (stay with me here) if YOU then say something about what I said about what you said about my original “said”?

I guess we’ll find out as you can’t let anything go, it’s the “If I can’t be right, I’ll at least be Louder” syndrome.

*Go ahead, I DARE you to not bother responding, please do, this thread although nowhere near as poisonous as the Gay Bashing thread serves as much or even less purpose…I should add though, thank you for the compliment on my posts but really I have not given the effort that I normally would and am quite embarassed at just “tossing one off”, my unwillingness to brawl obviously has tainted my prose. I should know better and you have my word that my future posts will be up to snuff. So, hollow as they may ring, Thanks.

To summerize:

I think you are wrong to give un-asked, un-warranted and un-appreciated moral advice.

You think that continuing a “Tastes Great - Less Filling” argument will change my mind and that you have every right to start talking about Oranges on every thread about Apples.

So…Who’s rights are more important, the Apples or the Oranges?

“Do not be too moral. You may cheat yourself out of much life so. Aim above morality. Be not simply good; be good for something”

~ Henry David Thoreau

No, actually you don’t “have it now”. I was not attempting to take away your right to post. It was you attempting to take that right from me!

My original post was to merely caution our friend on the potential physical dangers of certain risky actions. This is not “moral advice”, as you state. I have not given, what any reasonable man would call, moral advice. I think it’s best defined as practical advice. Much like the advice that you gave him in your first post on this thread: “Do whatever makes you feel good Brother just do it safely”. Now what do you mean by telling him to “do it safely”? are you his father? Silly isn’t it?

Sort of reads like my own advice to him on my first post: “You may catch a sexually transmitted disease, or impregnate one of your girlfriends”. The only reason you find my words “moralizing” is that it is easy to place me in a box that way. Once you have me labeled you can then beat the drum about all this “moralizing”. How off base you are.

If someone places a provocative post it seems fair, in keeping with the standards that I have seen on this forum, to expect a few posts referring to the provocative nature of that first post.

I am still waiting for the many posters to answer a three part question regarding Hillary Clintons trip to Afghanistan. I posted this in the “open forum”. Lots of good debate, but no answer to my post. All still enjoyable.
I am neither offended by the nature of the posts, or bothered by the fact that no one has yet stuck to the original intent. And I, unlike you in this situation, was the original poster!

As I have stated, occasionally when the original post is provocative we see a response, or several, that are equally provocative. Warning someone about risky behavior (as you and I each did), and then wishing him a happy birthday is neither provocative or moralizing!

Regarding your insurmountable desire to control what others write. I think you need to climb off your high horse and breath the same air as the rest of us T-men on the board. When I joined the T-Nation forum I never swore an allegiance to any sort of politically correct speech. And I certainly swore no allegiance to follow anyone by the name of “Cupcake”. It is obvious that you have had some success in forcing your will upon others. The fact that you are not having that same success with me appears to have rattled you.

My original post was neither directed at you or even about you! You took it upon yourself to attempt to silence me. Then you cry like a little girl having cramps for the first time when you receive a retort! Furthermore, you apparently feel obligated to continue this written skirmish, (when it seems to be causing you such pain). While I support your right to express yourself, and even smile at your childish whinning, you do need to remember that it takes two to continue any fight.

OMG, ZEB’s right!

Dan “Get Right with Jesus!” McVicker

I CAN’T FUCKING BELIEVE THAT MY POST HAS COME TO THIS. REMOVE THAT STUPID FUCKING LINK TO THAT JERKED OFF ABSTINENCE GARBAGE SITE. ZEB FOR THE LAST TIME SHUT YOUR FUCKING ANNOYING SLOP HOLE.

“as long as it’s not my sister”

Classic

Wideguy,

Dude I’m glad you had a good b-day…

Makes me wax reminiscent of my own 25th birthday where my buddies asked me what I wanted, (we were abroad in Guam at the time, extremely overworked, undersexed, and in need of no-holds barred evening of debauchery ) and I replied;

“dude I want two strippers, rubber sheets, some spray-paint, lots of liquor, a set of lawn darts, a small film crew, and the law to steer clear of my room!”

(for those who’ve never been to Guam or anywhere tropical, something happens to both men and women that allows inhibitions to fall by the wayside, must be an equitorial thing.)

They followed through on everything but the lawn darts and replaced the spray-paint with whip cream and that aerosol spray-string shit… Arguably the best birthday ever. The video quality was directly effected by the level of drunkedness, but the effort was appreciated…

For Zeb and everyone else who are pinging on Wideguys morality, please chill the fuck out. Youth exists for us to develop, experiment, learn, and seek. As long as he’s being safe in a communicable sense, he’s young enough to overcome any other social misgivings.

I’m in a position nowadays where behavior such as that previously mentioned would be more than faux pas.

I’m glad I have memories like that. Would I do that kind of thing today? No, there’s no way, too many things hang in the balance. One day Wideguy will have similar responsibilities and when he’s feeling downtrodden and sealed into a situation that’s more stressful than what he’s accustomed to, he’ll be able to lean on the memory of a wicked-ass 24th birthday to help him find his levity.

Thats what I think anyway…

B.

Wideguy,

Do you think that the abstinence article distracts from your birthday message? Why does it enrage you so? Don’t want to read about and alternative lifestyle?

Dan meant that as a joke, I am sure. I thought it was a good one. Relax, no one is telling you that you cannot continue to lead the life that you lead. We live in America where we are fortunate enough to be able to choose our own path. However, every now and then you might want to consider the fact that not everyone on this forum agrees with you. Is that a shock to your sensitive system?

You have every right to brag about your sexual conquests on this forum. If this somehow seems manly to you, by all means continue the posts. When on those rare occasions someone calls you to task for it, swallow hard and take it like a T-man. After all, it’s not as if you are doing something grand and glorious for your family and your country!

With every action that we take we add a bit more contour to our future. The good part is that we can begin anew each day. The bad part is that if an incorrect action is repeated enough times it becomes our legacy!

“Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.”

John Oliver Hobbs

Funny link.

Over the years I’ve seen a shift in morals that I don’t believe has gone in the right direction. for those who don’t know, I’m forty by the way.

I have seen increased levels of illegitimate kids, increase in venereal disease, and a decrease in stable families altogether. I really don’t think a cautious warning about seemingly risky behaviour is out of line.

From my been there done that perspective, most people “don’t want to be told what to do” and respond negatively to a moral opinion. Of course these are the same people that turn to their parents, the state or others causing an increased burden for the rst of us. A too pissed off response to some common sense advice is usually a sign that you don’t have the maturity to handle your fun.

Very funny, Mr. McVicker. You neglected to tell us the link you posted is from a joke newspaper site. :wink:

Check out the link to the first page of the publication to get the full flavor:

http://www.theonion.com

Happy belated birthday, Wideguy. I think you should change your handle to Funguy.

Casual sex is irresponsible. Perhaps when one of your birthday boff’s comes back pregnant or you end up with a nice case of the clap you’ll be ushered back to reality.

Nobody cares if you got laid. Whoopie-fucking-do, people have sex all the time. I guess you are a “man” now because you want to make sure everyone knows you are sleeping with cute girls. Or maybe you are really insecure and need to give the lowdown to whoever on what is essentially an anonymous message board; or that you actually bedded a 19 year old. GASP what a challenge.

Crack a book and make something of yourself, its a lot more impressive.

I always use condoms,and most of the time pull out before I nut and spray the area of my choice. Stirctly to be extra safe. Like I said before this WAS just a thread to let everyone know I was having a kickass b-day. Suddenly it turns into a conversation on morals??? WTF!! This is exactly what’s wrong with our society today. Why do people feel it so necessary to force their beliefs on others? I didn’t say I felt like a bad person for being sexually free ( a freak). I didn’t ask anyone for help. I didn’t ask anyone for their feelings on what I was doing. Therefore, all of this mental masturbation that’s been cluttering up this thread is why I’m annoyed. Pretty clean cut and simple to understand.

I thought everyone knew the Onion was just for shits and giggles.

can’t we just get back to the topic at hand?

i’m still waiting for the details on how he did the 19 year old for hours, then the cut girl who had a birthday boff.

53 replies on this thread and still nothing. GEEZ!

You mean when you are wearing a condom and you are going to ejaculate, you remove the condom and then select an area of the woman’s body to spray and dribble on?

Its good that you are pulling out as well because that’s a pretty good guarantee you will eliminate the chance of pregnancy or not pass on some kind of sexually transmitted disease. From the girl’s perspective, you have the visual stimulus of your sweaty sex parter grunting and panting, pulling out, and then fumbling with a condom, removing it for the highlight of the evening. And to add to all of those bennies, the girl has the priviledge of having hot body fluids erupting on her, and I’m sure your first selected location is of utmost pleasure, especially for 19 year olds. Jackson Pollack lives.

Happy 24th.

Truly the remark of your typical missionary style, two pump chump, fucking…oh wait I doubt you fuck…procreating with the lights out, needle dicked, I don’t expect a woman to blow me, I’m so lame in bed my woman secretly gets a train run on her while I’m at work, conservative, right winging, limp wristed twat. That’s cool bro, I still love ya:-) In fact I still love all of you who posted on this thread…even you Zeb. It’s good to disagree. It’s good to be concerned about others. It’s good to rip into people who you don’t agree with once and awhile, as long as it doesn’t result in anyone getting hurt ( the internet provides a great medium for that). Most of all my point was and still is it’s good to be young and uninhibited. Now lets end this thread on a good note and just agree that while we all share the same passions we’re still different people.