T Nation

Good Combat Schools?

Is there a school where they teach skills such as h/h fighting, driving, weapons training, tactics for combat in general. i know there are schools like so but are there any that are …noteworthy.

I’m sure there’s Bob’s House of Combat or something out there. However typically, a school will specialize in an area such as shooting or driving or tacmed. There aren’t too many private (non .gov/.mil) schools that offer top notch instruction in all the areas you mentioned. The closest one-stop-shop type school would be along the lines of a ‘executive protection’ outfit. ESI in Colorado is one of the long time players in this arena. Their signature courses tend to be 28-day resident courses costing $7-10K. Other PSD/EP companies have pre-deployment courses for their employees to bring you up to speed for a given AO. But those companies are hiring people with specific experience/backgrounds and base line knowledge (ex-SF, SWAT, paramedics, intel,…).

As for going to different schools for a training package over the span of a year or so, that’s doable; expensive but doable. There are many “noteworthy” focused schools and instructors out there that are available to non LE, .mil or .gov types. Much has to do with where you are starting from and what what skill level (and how broad) you are looking to get too.

Be specific with what you are looking for and recommendations are easy (as long as you have the funds and time).

[quote]therickuss wrote:
Is there a school where they teach skills such as h/h fighting, driving, weapons training, tactics for combat in general. i know there are schools like so but are there any that are …noteworthy. [/quote]

I’ve actually looked into this, and your best bet, as mentioned before, is going with the security contractor type school.

Blackwater (or Xe, Whatever the fuck they’re called) operates a couple schools, Kelly McCann operates a school in Virginia, etc.

These things are expensive though.

Otherwise it’s called the Marines.

I think there are currently some in Pakistan and Yemen, but they require a significant commitment.

Kidding, I’m sure some places exist, but generally if you are looking for all this training in one spot it is unlikely to be a really serious place. People who need these skills usually get trained in the military and then pick up a little specifics in dedicated programs. If you are thinking of security contracting and don’t have at least one real world, basic skill (even things like medic, aircraft mechanic are much in demand) you will have a tough time finding work.

[quote]mixicus wrote:
I’m sure there’s Bob’s House of Combat or something out there. However typically, a school will specialize in an area such as shooting or driving or tacmed. There aren’t too many private (non .gov/.mil) schools that offer top notch instruction in all the areas you mentioned. The closest one-stop-shop type school would be along the lines of a ‘executive protection’ outfit. ESI in Colorado is one of the long time players in this arena. Their signature courses tend to be 28-day resident courses costing $7-10K. Other PSD/EP companies have pre-deployment courses for their employees to bring you up to speed for a given AO. But those companies are hiring people with specific experience/backgrounds and base line knowledge (ex-SF, SWAT, paramedics, intel,…).

As for going to different schools for a training package over the span of a year or so, that’s doable; expensive but doable. There are many “noteworthy” focused schools and instructors out there that are available to non LE, .mil or .gov types. Much has to do with where you are starting from and what what skill level (and how broad) you are looking to get too.

Be specific with what you are looking for and recommendations are easy (as long as you have the funds and time).[/quote]

x2

well thank you, looks interesting, i have a feeling ill have to go out of the country to get what im looking for though. well off hand, can any

So let me understand this correctly, you are an 18 year old (you stated in another forum) who probably is still in high school for another month or so. On your own, you can not find the on-line resources to locate combative skills classes in the US. Then you post a question in a forum on a muscle and fitness website asking for ‘combat schools’. When people take the time to answer, seeing that it will involve a large amount of time/money and that you don’t have a skilled background; you respond by stating “ill have to go out of the country to get what im looking for though” and “i doubt ill find what im looking for in america”. So based on the above history, how are you going to find, travel to and pay for this ‘training’ in an unknown/undetermined foreign country when you can’t even locate a well know school that’s within 500 miles of your front door? Do you even have a passport?

You are either 1) living in a Call of Duty fuel Keyboard Warrior Fantasy Land or 2) you a naive radicalize extremist? Either way: don’t waste forum member’s time and good will. If #2 applies, please contact your local FBI office and ask to be put on a watch list.

im 21 and ive been taught driving abilities and weapons skill and i want more so shove it, price is not an issue.

If you’re serious, the USMC will teach you a lot of what you want. The US Border Patrol academy at FLETC will teach you quite a bit, and a foreign language to boot. The National Guard is always hiring too, if those two seem a little high-commitment for you.

Once you get through someone’s basic training, PM me and I’ll put you in touch with a specialized school to fill any gaps you feel you still have.

If you’re not looking for a job working for the US government with these skills I’m afraid I can’t help you, and most of the instructors I know will tell you the same thing. Xe doesn’t even want your money unless you’re going to be using what they teach you on behalf of the United States.

no government work, i will not join any military, the training is bullshit unless you are in s. o. for the amount of time you spend wasting time, its not worth it, to me. I dont need to be taught the basics, i already know them

[quote]therickuss wrote:
no government work, i will not join any military, the training is bullshit unless you are in s. o. for the amount of time you spend wasting time, its not worth it, to me. I dont need to be taught the basics, i already know them[/quote]

Alright seriously dude, fuck off and stop trolling. You want information go fucking find it yourself.

[quote]therickuss wrote:
no government work, i will not join any military, the training is bullshit unless you are in s. o. for the amount of time you spend wasting time, its not worth it, to me. I dont need to be taught the basics, i already know them[/quote]

Yeah, ok. Keep telling yourself that. Just tell yourself that somewhere else.