Good, Cheap Dip Belts

Anyone know of a site where I can order a quality dip belt? Nice and cheap, but not crappy.

Thanks.

What’s wrong with using 2 normal belts? One round your waist and the other one round the weight plates. Save your money for more important things.

Here’s a link to a bunch: www.shopzilla.com/8B--
Fitness_Equipment_-_cat_id–12050100__keyword–dip%
20belts__lp–10__mkt_id–25878101__sfsk–3

[quote]nunnny wrote:
What’s wrong with using 2 normal belts? One round your waist and the other one round the weight plates. Save your money for more important things.[/quote]

That is a stupid idea. How would this work, exactly?

Ooh, good idea. You sure they’ll hold? Hell, I don’t think I even have two leather belts.

I’d assume you’d put one on, really loose, and then you put weight on the other one and umm, strap that onto the other belt… godamn you’re right it isn’t that good of an idea.

Thanks for the link.

One last question, is there any reason to buy a much more expensive belt? I don’t really see how a forty dollar piece of leather and chain will be any better than a 20 dollar one. You ever bought a belt that broke?

I wouldn’t go the two-belts route. Dip belts aren’t supposed to go all the way around your waist. They’re supposed to just go across your lower back. Plus I think that metal chains will hold double 45’s better than any leather belt would.

I can’t remember seeing a dip belt at sporting goods store. Try Bodybuilding.com?

[quote]BIGRAGOO wrote:
nunnny wrote:
What’s wrong with using 2 normal belts? One round your waist and the other one round the weight plates. Save your money for more important things.

That is a stupid idea. How would this work, exactly?[/quote]

Fuck, you’d be better off just buying some rope.

APT makes some great dip belts. I have the nylon one and it’s great. About $25-30 shipped. I think the website is prowriststraps.com

I wouldn’t go too cheap. It does hold plates over your feet. If it broke, you’d feel like an ass for not spending the extra $10. Small price to pay for a belt your should be using the rest of your life.

Dip On!

I got a Grizzly belt from bodybuilding.com and it works great! It cost $20 (I think it was $28 with shipping) and you can feel very confident that it won’t break or anything. It can hold alot of weight and I know that I will have mine for a verryy long time.

[quote]danmaftei wrote:
I’d assume you’d put one on, really loose, and then you put weight on the other one and umm, strap that onto the other belt… godamn you’re right it isn’t that good of an idea.

Thanks for the link.[/quote]

Doing this you’re asking to cinch off your waist, cause bruising, and eventually wearing the leather out where the weights hang. Buy a dip belt.

Since I don’t use my old leather belt from “velco” (sp?) anymore, I just use that, a chain, and one of those hook as a dip belt. Been using that for almost a year and happy with it.

I got a cheap one (~$25) a couple yearsago at a local weight lifting store and it worked fine except for the fittings used for attaching the chain. They were crimp-on chain link type loops rather than welded rings or those screw-close chain links and they would start coming apart at around 90lbs. I spent about $8 to change them out and put on a nicer quick release and now it works beautifully at as much weight as I can use. If you spend the 50-60 though I believe you can get a belt fit for belt squats though.

Just get one of your gym groupies to hang onto your legs.

The difference in belts is the padding, quality of stitching, chain and carabeanor (sp?) There is no reason to spend tons of money on a belt but make sure you get a decnet one.

I don’t have a dip belt. I just use my old gunbelt from when I was a fatass - it no longer fits. When I dip or do pullups, I put it on and loop some chain through the holes in the plates, loop the same chain around the belt, and use a carabiner to hold the chain together. You could probably get by with using any other thick, heavy belt until you can find a good dip belt.