Good Bye Fat, Hello Abs.

A smart man once said when talking about divorces and ex wives; “you’re like an alzheimers victim in a whore house. Constantly being screwed but you don’t want to pay”. The relevence? I think my metabolism has had enough and won’t do what I want it to do anymore…

I’m on a similar diet as the get shredded diet and I’ve lost nearly 4-5 pounds in the first 2 weeks however, since i’ve started taking creatine the past 5 days I haven’t lost anything (i’ve upped the protein from 170g ish to 200 g ish). Im not loading either, just taking 5 grams a day, 1 gram pre work out and 4 g post.

I’m still averaging about 2000kcal fat intake is between 80-120g and my carbs will be <150 on non work out days and <250 on heavy leg session days.

eg. a day of food:

Breakfast:
bowl of oats
2 eggs. 1 lean bacon
energy drink
Gym

post gym: 2 pieces of toast, banana, creatine, protein shake

lunch: mackerele or sardines or tuna salad

dinner: lean meat (usually turkey) with a collection of veg. brocolli, carrots, red peppers etc.

post dinner: protein shake.

Do I need to re-adjust my diet or am I being paranoid and is my body just being a bit slower and I should wait more than just 5-6 days of constant weight before claiming the apocalypse?

Cheers.

Alex

Creatine means your body retains water. You may still lose fat while seing no change in bodyweight for a while. Give it soem time…

Looking at what you’ve posted, you seem to be missing the point of the get shredded diet.

You’re consuming 5x the recommended amount of carbs on your leg days and still taking in 3x the recommendations on non-training days.

Your breakfast also looks fairly suspect, eating oatmeal with eggs and bacon is great for a bulk but not so good for dieting.

Another thing is that whilst dieting it is generally better to get your nutrients from whole food sources as protein shakes do not leave you feeling full. Whey in particular is terrible for dieting because it is so quickly digested.

The get shredded diet states that your PWO nutrition should be BCAAs and Creatine with Water NOT a protein shake.

JB says you should take creatine throughout so that shouldn’t be a problem at all, although you can expect some water retention initially if you haven’t taken it in a while.

With the amount of deviations you’ve made from the diet so far, you can’t possibly expect to be getting similar results to those suggested in the article.

Thanks for the post. I feel the need to state I am not following the get shredded diet but merely one of similar structure hence the higher amount of carbs. I chose this because I am at the moment preparing for my end of year exams and hence need the cognitive ability to function.

However, with the amount of carbs I take this shouldn’t be a problem really as my “recommended” carb dosage (for maintenance) is around the 450g per day!!!

I agree with the whole food sources but hunger isn’t too much the issue yet and my protein is a mix of isolate, whey and casein.

The breakfast issue is a good one to raise, I suppose that I should re-arrange and simply leave the oats and have the eggs and bacon in the afternoon as they are a good source of protein and fat.

Bearing all this in mind, I know that my progress will be much slower than that of someone following the get shredded diet, I am merely wondering why I would have a rapid wieght loss in the first couple of weeks then stall when I have not modified my diet at all.

Cheers

[quote]swissrugby67 wrote:
Thanks for the post. I feel the need to state I am not following the get shredded diet but merely one of similar structure hence the higher amount of carbs. I chose this because I am at the moment preparing for my end of year exams and hence need the cognitive ability to function.

However, with the amount of carbs I take this shouldn’t be a problem really as my “recommended” carb dosage (for maintenance) is around the 450g per day!!!

I agree with the whole food sources but hunger isn’t too much the issue yet and my protein is a mix of isolate, whey and casein.

The breakfast issue is a good one to raise, I suppose that I should re-arrange and simply leave the oats and have the eggs and bacon in the afternoon as they are a good source of protein and fat.

Bearing all this in mind, I know that my progress will be much slower than that of someone following the get shredded diet, I am merely wondering why I would have a rapid wieght loss in the first couple of weeks then stall when I have not modified my diet at all.

Cheers

[/quote]

because your body likely dropped a bit of water (muscle glyco and less food weight in gut.) weight after you began low carbing it.

-chris

Nice post by jarvis!!

SR, you should check out jarvis’s user profile to see what he’s accomplished in the last year. Different goals, but it’s still precision nutrition, nonetheless, and I’m sure he’s done his share of outcome-based decision making along the way. (grin)

If you were eating maintenance calories and started taking creatine, you’d go up ever so slowly in weight. Part of how creatine works its magic is by creating well-hydrated muscles. If you were making steady progress before starting creatine, I’d just hang tight for a month and keep your blinders on; i.e., keep doing the things you know you need to be doing.

The 150g of carbs per day isn’t a problem in an of themselves. You actually don’t need them for mental clarity. People who go low-carb (like with the Anabolic Diet) actually have better mental clarity on <30g per day. Insulin and the clearing of blood sugar results in energy spikes and dips and times where our brain is foggy and you feel you desperately need a caffeinated drink or cup o’ java.

I know you live in Europe, but with your school demands, you ought to get some Spike. Out of every cognitive type supp I’ve tried in the last 10 years, it’s my all-time favorite. It’s a very elegantly designed, “clean” stimulant.

Back to the weight loss thing, repeating what I said above, give it a month. And then if you’re not making progress, revive this thread and we’ll figure it out.

One thing you might like to do, though, is start taking measurements once a week when you step on the scale. You might step on the scale more frequently, but only that one day a week “counts.”

Re measurements, take the following:

Chest
Right Arm (bicep)
Waist
Butt
Right Thigh
Right Calf

Does that sound like a plan? (grin)

I don’t think your diet is too bad…

I do wonder more about how much rest you get daily and what you’re cardiovascular excercise looks like, how often, how intense. Other stats. There’s a lot of other factors. Diet is incredibly important but also what you do with it determines how much faster the progress will come…