T Nation

Good Broccoli Slaw Dressing

I like that good broccoli slaw stuff with broccoli, cabbage, nuts, etc in this creamy dressing they have at the deli often. However, I don’t like eating things when I don’t know what’s in them.

So I got a big bag of fresh broccoli and cabbage to make my own, but I want an idea of what type of dressing I can use to make it taste good. It’s kind of sweet. Maybe I can make some with splenda. Any ideas? I once tried making it with ranch - BAD idea. It sucked.

[quote]sarah1 wrote:
I like that good broccoli slaw stuff with broccoli, cabbage, nuts, etc in this creamy dressing they have at the deli often. However, I don’t like eating things when I don’t know what’s in them.

So I got a big bag of fresh broccoli and cabbage to make my own, but I want an idea of what type of dressing I can use to make it taste good. It’s kind of sweet. Maybe I can make some with splenda. Any ideas? I once tried making it with ranch - BAD idea. It sucked.[/quote]

Oil vinegar and spices sure splenda for added sweetness I really like using the powder ranch at times

phill

Classic French Vinaigrette

1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp kosher salt
Pinch of splenda
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1/4 cup EVOO
Black pepper

Combine in mixing bowl.