T Nation

good breakfast ideas

I need some good breakfast ideas. I need protein and variety. My problem is 5 days a week I am up a 5 a.m and am at work by 545 a.m. I try to sleep in as late as possible to get all the anabolic benefits of sleep, so I find that I have little time to prepare and eat good foods. Any body got ideas on fast, convenient, high protein, nutritious breakfast options

5 eggs (2 whole, 3 whites) with a mix of sauteed onion, mushrooms and garlic you already have stashed in your fridge, pre-cooked.

1 cup rolled oats with protein.

There you go.

10 oz OJ
1/2 cup of whey
1/2 cup of oatmeal - uncooked
Mix in blender.
Takes less than a minute to prepare and eat w/ ~500 cal, 50g P, 60g C

hey guys, thanks alot for the help, they both seem like really good ideas, I am gonna try them both the next few days

How 'bout scrambled eggs on flax seed bread/toast?

That’s my quick, easy and filling Sunday breakfast.

8 egg whites (30g protien)
2 tsp. olive oil (10g fat)
1/2 cup slow-cooked oatmeal (35g C, 5g P, 3g F)
1 orange (20g carbs)

total: 35g P, 55g C, 13g F (475 cal)

if you want to cut 50 calores, you can remove 1 tsp. olive oil

Frozen strawberries and Chocolate-flavored protein powder in a blender with 1 cup water. P+C, and you can control exactly how many calories of each go into it.

Oatmeal porridge is the way to go, especially if you use the quick cooking or microwaveable varieties. Add whey powder for protein.

You can get great recipes at http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/recipes/brief_history_of_oats.htm

(thanks to whoever posted this on the forums a while ago. it’s revolutionised my breakfast)

1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
1/2 cup non-fat cottage cheese
1/2 cup natural apple sauce
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
2/3 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup oat bran
cinnamon to taste

Mix yogurt, cottage cheese, apple sauce and protein powder together in bowl/tupperware container. Then mix in berries. Then sprinkle oat bran on top, and sprinkle as much cinnamon on top as you like. The berries thaw within a few minutes of being mixed in. Mmmmm.

You can mix it up the night before if you’d like and just grab it on the way out the door too.