Good Breakfast for Bulking

Damn right. Thats why we call it BULKING,not adding lean muscle and keeping your pretty little ab definition at the same time.

I’m a big fan of Allbran when bulking. 20 grams of fibre in a 45 gram serve. I rest my case. I usually have a small bowl of that with some Grow! [instead of milk] and a shitload of bacon and eggs. But then I find I get good results by limiting my non-workout time carb intake. Your millage may vary.

I don’t know.When I bulk I make sure I get lots of carbs with my protein.BBQ chicken with rice and garlic bread is one of my favorite dishes when bulking.I’m a big fan of italian food.

[quote]The Brain wrote:
I’m a big fan of Allbran when bulking. 20 grams of fibre in a 45 gram serve. I rest my case. I usually have a small bowl of that with some Grow! [instead of milk] and a shitload of bacon and eggs. But then I find I get good results by limiting my non-workout time carb intake. Your millage may vary.[/quote]

Allbran? Is this oatmeal?

[quote]jimmyjames66 wrote:
The Brain wrote:
I’m a big fan of Allbran when bulking. 20 grams of fibre in a 45 gram serve. I rest my case. I usually have a small bowl of that with some Grow! [instead of milk] and a shitload of bacon and eggs. But then I find I get good results by limiting my non-workout time carb intake. Your millage may vary.

Allbran? Is this oatmeal?[/quote]

The only all bran I know is a flavorless fiber breakfast cereal. There is no way I would force myself to eat that when gaining. I would rather simply add a flavorless fiber supplement to my protein shakes like I do now.

My favorite bulking breakfast goes something like this:

Large Sliced Potato in 1 Tbsp of olive oil with a sliced onion

5 Whole Eggs, 5 Egg Whites - scrambled, cooked in pam

5 Strips of Turkey Bacon

Nutrient Breakdown is approximately:
1100 KCals
48g Fat
70g Carbs
77g Protein

By the way, the USDA has a downloadable database of nutrition facts for just about every kind of food you can imagine. It is a handy thing to have at your disposal, it can be found at:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR18/sr18.html

Stop it TDOG.You’re making me hungry!

[quote]TDog305 wrote:
My favorite bulking breakfast goes something like this:

Large Sliced Potato in 1 Tbsp of olive oil with a sliced onion

5 Whole Eggs, 5 Egg Whites - scrambled, cooked in pam

5 Strips of Turkey Bacon

Nutrient Breakdown is approximately:
1100 KCals
48g Fat
70g Carbs
77g Protein

By the way, the USDA has a downloadable database of nutrition facts for just about every kind of food you can imagine. It is a handy thing to have at your disposal, it can be found at:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/Data/SR18/sr18.html
[/quote]

Heres the breakfast i eat at the moment

1 tall Glass water
1 Spike cap

30 mins later

2 pieces toast
Vegemite
1 glass V8
5 gms creatine
1 serve oats
2 scoops protein
4 protein pancakes

Gives me 1000 calories.

Jimmy,

That breakfast looks fine, content wise. The real question is are you gaining on it, and what does your diet for the rest of the day look like?

gonna get flamed for this probably…just cause the majority of people I know keep their cottage cheese intake to the nigth time but whatever
I like…a Litre of 1% milk, 6 eggs, and bout 1/2 a tub of cottage cheese…used to be a big ketchup on eggs guy til I started eating healthier and learned CCheese tasted good on eggs

Here’s my usual Breakfast. Adjust portion size to fit your ‘bulking’ goal.(I’m assuming by bulking you mean adding muscle not fat…right?)

Wake up and drink 16oz. Water

4 egg whites/2 whole eggs
1 apple & 1/3 banana diced w/chopped walnuts, cinnamon mixed w/enough almond butter to hold it all together.
2 cups green tea
Multi-vitamin/minerals

If you feel you need to add something I’d up fat before upping carbs. It sounds counter-intuitive but fat doesn’t make you fat.