Good Books

I need some new good books to read while on vacation. What are some recent good ones you have read? I am thinking about trying Moneyball by Michael Lewis. I typically like non-fiction better but am open to fiction.

Thanks.

[quote]husker29 wrote:
I need some new good books to read while on vacation. What are some recent good ones you have read? I am thinking about trying Moneyball by Michael Lewis. I typically like non-fiction better but am open to fiction.

Thanks.[/quote]

There are a ton of threads asking this same question. DO a search. Here is one thread.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=476352

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
husker29 wrote:

Thanks.

There are a ton of threads asking this same question. DO a search. Here is one thread.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=476352 [/quote]

I love how this guy says do a search after every post.

Anyway try Winning buy jack welsh, I liked it, but then again I’m a finance major.

I just stole Eric Cressey’s copy of “Under the Bar” by Dave Tate. I highly suggest reading it.

This might be corny, but it really has had a profound effect on my outlook on things. Coach Hef suggested the book to me.

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
husker29 wrote:

Thanks.

Anyway try Winning buy jack welsh, I liked it, but then again I’m a finance major.[/quote]

Who the hell says do a search? Please go backa nd see how many of my 1900+ posts say “do a search.”

[quote]CrewPierce wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
husker29 wrote:

Thanks.

Anyway try Winning buy jack welsh, I liked it, but then again I’m a finance major.[/quote]

Welch.

Great Book.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:
CrewPierce wrote:
PGA200X wrote:
husker29 wrote:

Thanks.

Anyway try Winning buy jack welsh, I liked it, but then again I’m a finance major.

Who the hell says do a search? Please go backa nd see how many of my 1900+ posts say “do a search.”[/quote]

I love the irony in this post!

There are no children here. Best non-fiction book I’ve ever read. Go ask Alice is up there as well. I actually was prompted by my 8th gread reading teacher to read Go ask Alice. Awesome book.

Ever read ‘The Five People You Meet In Heaven’?

Great book!

I read a TON. I am always reading something in the field and usually a novel of some sort.

One great book that I HIGHLY recommend is “The Tipping Point” by Malcolm Gladwell. It’s the same author of “Blink.” Anyways, the book deals with how certain fads or behaviors or whatever become popular and why others don’t. How word of mouth can be a HUGE advantage and how knowing certain “people” can make or break certain products. Really fascinating read.

Also, Anthony Roberts’ new book, “How To Talk to Chicks in Inner-City Syracuse” is quite insighful as well.

[quote]btm62 wrote:
I love the irony in this post! [/quote]

Thats hysterical! That was quite ironic huh?

[quote]husker29 wrote:

Thanks.[/quote]

Moneyball’s a good book, but I liked Liar’s Poker even more. Made investment banking sound exciting to me, which is quite a feat.

I agree that “the tipping point”'s a good read. Haven’t read many other books apart from the typical ones (to kill a mockingbird, catcher in the rye, the fountainhead and of mice and men) all of which i highly recommend.

I agree that “the tipping point”'s a good read. Haven’t read many other books apart from the typical ones (to kill a mockingbird, catcher in the rye, the fountainhead and of mice and men) all of which i highly recommend.

[quote]PGA200X wrote:

Who the hell says do a search? Please go backa nd see how many of my 1900+ posts say “do a search.”[/quote]

My bad I meant that of someone else, haha by the way I’m still laughing at your quote "Keeping cals below 1500? WTF Are you a female bulimic midget whos anorexic? "

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Read “Gates of Fire”, you won’t be dissapointed[/quote]

I second this. I first heard about it on another thread on this site and tore through it in a single night. One of the better books I have read in a while

Moneyball is the most insightful book on the game of baseball that I’ve ever read. If you look a little deeper, it’s a fine text on financial theory as well. The only problem, is at this point, the sabermetric theory in the book is a little out of date. But that doesn’t make the book any less wonderful. Start reading it. You won’t be able to put it down.

[quote]MODOK wrote:
Read “Gates of Fire”, you won’t be dissapointed[/quote]

A Man after my own heart!

[quote]husker29 wrote:

Thanks.[/quote]

Moneyball is a good book. However I think the autor is drinking a bit too much of the Billy Beane Kool-Aid.

Someone on here recommended “Demonic Males: Apes and the origins of human violence” a while ago and I really liked it.