Good Bodybuilding Books?

Any good books out there that you have read? Any recommended E books to download anyone?

Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle by Tom Venuto
This book is fuckin’ amazing and very, very thorough!

Bodyopus by Daniel Duchaine
Great diet book. Also a lot of info on ergogenic aids. Some training info, but not that much.

Priming the Anabolic Environment by Will Brink

Muscle Gaining Secrets by Jason Ferrugia
Get Jacked! by Jason Ferrugia

A Warrior’s Story by Dorian Yates
Blood and Guts by Dorian Yates

Bodybuilding Encyclopedia by Arnold

Heavy Duty by Mike Mentzer

Get Buffed! by Ian King

Scrawny to Brawny by John Berardi and Mike Mejia (I only like the nutrition part, the training part is not true bodybuilding but whatever)

Championship Bodybuilding by Chris Aceto

And the articles on here by Christian Thib Pump Down the Volume, How to Write a Damn Good Program, and Training Roadmap

That is all you need! Notice how none of these books are on STRENGTH and only for bodybuilding except the one by Ian King.

This site has more than any book you’ll read

Here some books that helped me when I started:

The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding

The Bodybuilder’s Nutrition Book by Franco Columbu

One More Rep! Lessons from the World’s Biggest, Strongest, and Best Bodybuilders by John Little

I love mostly all Training books - there is always something to take away from them, at least one thing!!

Tudor Bompa’s Serious Strength Training has some good stuff in, its basically about vanilla periodisation but if applied well, with your own original thought, and not to the letter it is a good resource to use.

Joe

The first bodybuilding book I ever read was the best one. Getting Stronger by Bill Pearl

Tudor Bompa’s book is awful for bodybuilding. Let these strength coaches stay away from bodybuilding, considering that none of them has personal experience with it. Look at Tudor himself. :wink:

Anything by Dave Draper!

Extreme Muscle Enhancement by Dr. Carlon Colker.

Gets straight to the point without a lot of fluff.

[quote]ZYL281 wrote:
This site has more than any book you’ll read[/quote]

I totally disagree.

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
Tudor Bompa’s book is awful for bodybuilding. Let these strength coaches stay away from bodybuilding, considering that none of them has personal experience with it. Look at Tudor himself. ;)[/quote]

No… No it isnt (And Bompa has a delightful body…)

You agree that periodization is a necessity… Periodization of a sort at least?

Well That book is to periodization what the first testament is to christians… It is the basics, everything you need to know “BASICALLY” - but wouldn’t claim it is everything.

Now this is good information in my eyes, because i take the basics and apply what i want here, what i want there, and Presto! i have a nicely periodized, specific strength and Bodybuilding cycle.

I do agree that his “trying” to write the book with a bodybuilding lean was a failure. The diet is shit, the exercises listed boring, the rep ranges and principles flawed…

But i like the book overall!! LOL!

Joe

Beyond Bodybuilding by Pavel
Anything by CT
Beyond Buff

This is not a bodybuilding book, but for iron loving men in general.

If you have ever wondered to yourself "Am I crazy for wanting to train this hard even though I’ll probably never compete in any sport or bodybuilding contest, pick up TC’s “Atomic Dog-The Testosterone Principles”.

It will teach you nothing about training, or nutrition, but it sure will, at the very LEAST, influence you in some way in bettering yourself and your quality of life.

High-Thershold Muscle Building by Coach Thibaudeau and Precision Nutrition by John Berardi are two great books that have helped me a lot.

rikz

Power Factor Training

…hahahahahha that book SUCKED. Read the nutrition section if you want a good laugh.

But seriously, I haven’t seen one of the VERY best mentioned yet:

Dinosaur Training. OK yeah it’s not labeled as a bodybuilding book but holy shit it has some of the best writing on mental toughness and persistence for lifting I’ve read.

Yeah Kubik’s Dinosaur Training is great! Stuart McRobert also wrote some good stuff…

Man, I recall reading ‘Static COntraction TRaining’ years ago, and my training partner and myself absolutely destroying our joints while timing how long we could hold out until we got hurt -lol

S

Some excellent books suggested thanks everyone. I think a one I will definately look into purchasing is: Still Hungry After All These Years suggested by Super Saiyan. That Richard Simmons bloke looks jacked to shit and in peak contest shape

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
Man, I recall reading ‘Static COntraction TRaining’ years ago, and my training partner and myself absolutely destroying our joints while timing how long we could hold out until we got hurt -lol

S
[/quote]

Yeah I tried both out for a while too…it just looked so good on paper.