Good Beginner Program 4 Times/Wk?

Hi everybody,

I’m a beginner who start lifting since september 2014 and not following a specific program, I was doing a kind of upper/lower and i’m now at 64kg for 1m73 (5.7 for 145lbs) :

upper :

• Pull-up 5x max
  • Bent over Row (back parallel to the floor) 5x5
  • BP 5x5
  • OHP 5x5

lower :

• squat 5x5
  • dead 5x5
  • Chin-up 5x max + triceps extension 5x10
  • biceps curl 5x10 + skullcrusher 5x10

My current stats for 5 reps :

• squat 100kg (220lbs)
  • Dead 120kg (265lbs)
  • BP 80kg (180lbs)
  • OHP 50 kg (115lbs)

I know I messed up not following a specific program and that my numbers suck.

I would appreciate if you can point a good programm for me according to the fact that I don’t look to be a powerlifter, a bodybuilder, I just want to have a decent body. I’m not gonna lie, I have insecurities issue and if lifting ain’t the solution, it helps me in gaining confidence. I know that silly but I prefer to be as honest as I can even if I sound dumb.

I would love to spend 4 days in the gym, that’s why prevent me from doing a full body routine like SL or SS or ICF 5x5.

I was thinking of Jim Wendler 531 but was wondering if it was good for natural and beginner cause I read that those people need to train a muscle more than once a week.

As you see I don’t have a lot of clue of what I’m doint that’s why i came for help.

tl,dr : if you can tell me a good beginner program for 4 days a week you’ll make my day :slight_smile:

Do 5/3/1.

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:
Do 5/3/1.[/quote]

x2

[quote]lift206 wrote:

Do 5/3/1.[/quote]

x2[/quote]

x3

Get your form checked by someone competent on your first few sessions if possible.

Dude, most guys get into lifting because of insecurities. You would be surprised, I am sure, by the amount of guys on here that still have insecurities despite their amazing progress. Nothing to be ashamed about.

[quote]Evolv wrote:
Dude, most guys get into lifting because of insecurities. You would be surprised, I am sure, by the amount of guys on here that still have insecurities despite their amazing progress. Nothing to be ashamed about. [/quote]

Absolutely

[quote]dagill2 wrote:

[quote]lift206 wrote:

Do 5/3/1.[/quote]

x2[/quote]

x3

Get your form checked by someone competent on your first few sessions if possible.[/quote]

x4. Don’t worry about insecurities. Everyone has them.

Hi everybody,

sorry for the delay in my answer but last day have been tough at work (had to work from 8am to 9pm then go to the gym and I’m new in the city so it’s a bit rough).

I appreciate your feedback and I will start doing wendler this week.

Concerning the insecurities, thanks for your kind words, I just mention it to define my mind set and what I wanted (be a bit more in shape and add a couple of pounds and that’s all, nothing impressive). I think it’s better to be as honest as possible then people can give you advice that suit you best.

So thanks again and happy day to all of you.

[quote]azkean wrote:
I will start doing wendler this week.
[/quote]

Whoa, I’m not sure he’s into that sort of thing… Lol!

5/3/1 is fine for beginners and is as good a place as any to start. Just keep it simple and don’t over think it.

[quote]usmccds423 wrote:

[quote]azkean wrote:
I will start doing wendler this week.
[/quote]

Whoa, I’m not sure he’s into that sort of thing… Lol!

[/quote]

ZING!!!