Good Beginner BB Program?

How is this? I had my bodybuilder / personal trainer buddy make me a program based on my goals of looking good. I want to look good for summer / next year, and then start putting on more size. I know it sounds backwards but I’m also trying to be a model atm, need to have that lean but muscular look.

day one-
bench press 3x5
incline bench press dumbells 3x8
weighted dips 3x8-10
cable crossovers (awesome for shaping) 3x8-10
incline cable flys 3x8-10
superset pushups and tricep extensions and a few other tricep workouts, maybe close grip and reg grip bench with lower weight to finish

day 2
deadlift 3x5
bent over rows 3x8
bent over dumbell flys 3x8
front dumbell raises 3x8-10
military press 3x5
side raises 3x8-10
pullups or pulldowns 3x8-10
cable rows 3x8-10
2 sets of 21’s

day 3
five mins on treadmill walking with full incline
squat 3x5
lunges 3x10-15
leg presses (high volume) 3x10
leg extensions 3x10
hamstring curls 3x10
dropset calf raises

day off or cardio and abs for a day or two
repeat

[quote]Ampedlift wrote:
How is this? I had my bodybuilder / personal trainer buddy make me a program based on my goals of looking good. I want to look good for summer / next year, and then start putting on more size. I know it sounds backwards but I’m also trying to be a model atm, need to have that lean but muscular look.

day one-
bench press 3x5
incline bench press dumbells 3x8
weighted dips 3x8-10
cable crossovers (awesome for shaping) 3x8-10
incline cable flys 3x8-10
superset pushups and tricep extensions and a few other tricep workouts, maybe close grip and reg grip bench with lower weight to finish

day 2
deadlift 3x5
bent over rows 3x8
bent over dumbell flys 3x8
front dumbell raises 3x8-10
military press 3x5
side raises 3x8-10
pullups or pulldowns 3x8-10
cable rows 3x8-10
2 sets of 21’s

day 3
five mins on treadmill walking with full incline
squat 3x5
lunges 3x10-15
leg presses (high volume) 3x10
leg extensions 3x10
hamstring curls 3x10
dropset calf raises

day off or cardio and abs for a day or two
repeat[/quote]

Not bad but the hamstring work sucks ass in that program (there isn’t any besides deadlifts, and hamstring curls). And you should split your back day into two days because it sucks doing such a long workout. Split back into deadlift + hamstrings/back, and shoulders. Do all the shoulder work in a separate workout. I would do deadlifts, step-ups or lunges, hamstring curls, then do your bent rows, pull-ups, and cable rows. Shoulder workout would take all the lateral/front raises, rear delt flyes, military presses and 21’s. Leg day would be as is.

This way you can add more volume to your back and more to your hamstrings while getting a better focus on shoulders when you are fresh on energy.

So now it becomes: Day1–bench/chest/arms, Day2–deadlift/back/hamstrings, Day3–shoulders/arms, Day4–legs/squats. Put rest days in wherever.