Good BB Genetics, How Do I Know?

[quote]adamhum wrote:

I guess my biggest issue is my appetite, it’s terrible and whenever I get nervous I lose my appetite completely.

_ Adam[/quote]

A lot of guys on this thread know a shit load more than me, but…

When I lose my appetite, I just fast for about 10 waking hours or so. Eat my normal breakfast, and only water or coffee until I can’t stand it anymore. Only had to do it once though, and it was awful.

And if it makes you feel better, you only weight 13lbs more than me, @ my height, similar bodyfat levels (best I can tell from the picture) and look like your about 25lbs more than me. Fuck I hate being skinny.

“you people” LMAO!

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
whoa whoa whoa what do you mean by ‘you people’ huh?!?!

haha LMAO

jk

from looking at your pics you possibly have the structure to compete someday…but then again you don’t have pics that accurately judge.

If you want to do it, then do it because you want to and you enjoy it…don’t do it just based off your genetics…know what I mean?

If you like to bodybuild then do it…if you like to lift weights and play football then do it.

thats my opinion[/quote]

if your ring finger is longer than your middle finger.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
Flex Wheeler in an interview said that bodybuilding is something that chooses you, you don’t choose it. If people are treating you like a freak, it is a safe bet you have decent genetics. If they barely notice you lift if you so much as wear a long t-shirt, the answer is no.

I agree, the OP is not below average, however, the ones with the great genetics for this are the ones that make you say, “damn”.[/quote]

Didn’t Flex have some medical condition that gave him a big advantage for hyperthropy? Even so, the guy looked fucking awesome.

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:
hardgnr wrote:
Professor X wrote:
Flex Wheeler in an interview said that bodybuilding is something that chooses you, you don’t choose it. If people are treating you like a freak, it is a safe bet you have decent genetics. If they barely notice you lift if you so much as wear a long t-shirt, the answer is no.

I agree, the OP is not below average, however, the ones with the great genetics for this are the ones that make you say, “damn”.

Didn’t Flex have some medical condition that gave him a big advantage for hyperthropy? Even so, the guy looked fucking awesome.

I believe he lacks the myostatin gene. Or it is severly compromised in it’s ability to signal cessation of protein transcription in his case.

BBB[/quote]

I doubt this. He competed at less than 240lbs the majority of the time he competed. I would think Ronnie Coleman would get that label before Wheeler.

I have a feeling that distinction is getting thrown at anyone lately who has extremely large muscles. The only person I would consider that to truly be the case may be Michael Lockett. That guy had huge legs and a ripped physique that rivaled many long term competitors way before he ever competed.

Professor X wrote:
I agree, the OP is not below average, however, the ones with the great genetics for this are the ones that make you say, “damn”.

Yep. Like the 19 year old kid at my gym who just won his class at the NABBA Mr Wales. Easily.

Even with relatively lazy training and just one cycle under his belt, plus little clue about periworkout nutrition, he’s stacked.

More stacked than some of the ‘old hands’ at the show too.

On a side note though, he looked fucking hilarious, when RSGZ and I saw him out at the pub on the night of the show. Deep orange tan, bright pink t-shirt and little stud earrings.

Yes we called him Guido, but we also congratulated him on blowing the competition away.

BBB[/quote]

Fuckin’ skanks! LOL!

He’s got potential though, real potential.

I was told this by my clinical sciences lecturer, which doesn’t necessarily make it so.
[/quote]

It sure doesn’t. Flex was a skinny teenager before he started lifting. That does not indicate “myostatin gene deficiency”. It indicates that he ate and lifted until he got huge.

The problem is people only see others as they are right now. That is why most people think I was always big. They don’t understand that many of these guys didn’t start out huge but had to work for it.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I have a feeling that distinction is getting thrown at anyone lately who has extremely large muscles. The only person I would consider that to truly be the case may be Michael Lockett. That guy had huge legs and a ripped physique that rivaled many long term competitors way before he ever competed.[/quote]

I don’t know about you, but I have been hearing that Michael Lockett is still natty at this point. If that’s the case, I’d say you are right lol

I thought Flex had a condition in which his growth wasn’t limited, not that he grew without training…

He probably could have gotten much bigger, but didn’t want to ruin his lines and aesthetics.

• Adam

[quote]adamhum wrote:
I thought Flex had a condition in which his growth wasn’t limited, not that he grew without training…

He probably could have gotten much bigger, but didn’t want to ruin his lines and aesthetics.

• Adam[/quote]

Not at all. He tried to play the size game by his own admission (and did it the wrong way… Instead of trying to get seriously strong with the minimum necessary amount of you-know-what-I-mean to get there, he went the all-out chemical warfare route and ended up causing himself a whole damn lot of trouble that way, health-wise), but simply didn’t manage.

That being said, I guess if he had tried to do things the same way guys like Ronnie, Nasser(once upon a time) etc did, he might well have been able to get a lot larger still… Oh well.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
adamhum wrote:

• Adam

Not at all. He tried to play the size game by his own admission (and did it the wrong way… Instead of trying to get seriously strong with the minimum necessary amount of you-know-what-I-mean to get there, he went the all-out chemical warfare route and ended up causing himself a whole damn lot of trouble that way, health-wise), but simply didn’t manage.

That being said, I guess if he had tried to do things the same way guys like Ronnie, Nasser(once upon a time) etc did, he might well have been able to get a lot larger still… Oh well.

[/quote]

I’m saying “Ballz” on his claimed genetic mutation. He’s been throwing that around now that he’s a “natural” athlete. Don’t get me wrong, I like Flex. He is a truly an uncrowned Mr Olympia at least a couple times, but his current “I’m all natural” malarky is laughable. I don’t want to say that his kidney problems were in direct correlation with his increased consumption because I don’t know the details, but is that what you were hinting C_C?

I would not want to carry around 330+ worth of weight, but it would be awesome to look like they look on stage.

My goal has always been to look so awesome that people can’t stop staring! But at the same time I’m a little shy and don’t like to be the center of attention.

We humans are complex!

What do I mean by “we humans”:slight_smile:

• Adam

adamhum wrote:

• Adam

[/quote]

[quote]Growing_Boy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
adamhum wrote:

• Adam

I’m saying “Ballz” on his claimed genetic mutation. He’s been throwing that around now that he’s a “natural” athlete. Don’t get me wrong, I like Flex. He is a truly an uncrowned Mr Olympia at least a couple times, but his current “I’m all natural” malarky is laughable. I don’t want to say that his kidney problems were in direct correlation with his increased consumption because I don’t know the details, but is that what you were hinting C_C? [/quote]

Yes, he admitted so himself as far as I know… And he’s not the only case of such things happening… Though to be honest, it may just as well have been a problem with diuretics-mis/abuse… That actually sounds more likely to me, but what do I know.

Thing is, and many who know more about this subject than I do and possibly even know flex personally can tell you that: Flex is no Ronnie in the gym and always liked to use more than others to try to make up for that… He is/was not the only one like that either…

As for whether he’s off gear completely now or not… I dunno… I’d expect him to be on HRT at least (that’s what I’d do, but then again, no idea about his current state of health etc)? That being said, I do know of plenty of cases of guys who went off-gear (often due to health reasons … Guys who’d, by their own admission, gone about gear use the wrong way) and managed to get into great shape again (not into the same shape they were before, obviously)…

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt…

Hey, if he truly is off-gear now… Guess what, no one will believe it, no matter how many tests of whatever kind he passes etc. People also never believe that any of the natural champions are natural. Or that anyone bigger than 180 in contest shape could be natural. Whatever.

He’s gotta keep in the center of attention though if he wants supp deals or anything like that… So I guess that’s why he went and shouted “I’M ALL NATURAL NOW” at the rest of the world.

Haven’t seen anything other than his arm-training vid to judge his current physique… Anyone got a few pics handy?

So he basically Overdosed on gear and stuff…

I like how Jay Cutler didn’t give up and kept competing until he finally beat ronnie…Unlike Shawn and Kevin and Flex.

Jay annoys me now with his Fred Flintstone Grin, but that was a great achievement:)

• Adam

Growing_Boy wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
adamhum wrote:

• Adam

I’m saying “Ballz” on his claimed genetic mutation. He’s been throwing that around now that he’s a “natural” athlete. Don’t get me wrong, I like Flex. He is a truly an uncrowned Mr Olympia at least a couple times, but his current “I’m all natural” malarky is laughable. I don’t want to say that his kidney problems were in direct correlation with his increased consumption because I don’t know the details, but is that what you were hinting C_C?

Yes, he admitted so himself as far as I know… And he’s not the only case of such things happening… Though to be honest, it may just as well have been a problem with diuretics-mis/abuse… That actually sounds more likely to me, but what do I know.

Thing is, and many who know more about this subject than I do and possibly even know flex personally can tell you that: Flex is no Ronnie in the gym and always liked to use more than others to try to make up for that… He is/was not the only one like that either…

As for whether he’s off gear completely now or not… I dunno… I’d expect him to be on HRT at least (that’s what I’d do, but then again, no idea about his current state of health etc)? That being said, I do know of plenty of cases of guys who went off-gear (often due to health reasons … Guys who’d, by their own admission, gone about gear use the wrong way) and managed to get into great shape again (not into the same shape they were before, obviously)…

I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt…

Hey, if he truly is off-gear now… Guess what, no one will believe it, no matter how many tests of whatever kind he passes etc. People also never believe that any of the natural champions are natural. Or that anyone bigger than 180 in contest shape could be natural. Whatever.

He’s gotta keep in the center of attention though if he wants supp deals or anything like that… So I guess that’s why he went and shouted “I’M ALL NATURAL NOW” at the rest of the world.

Haven’t seen anything other than his arm-training vid to judge his current physique… Anyone got a few pics handy?

[/quote]

[quote]adamhum wrote:
So he basically Overdosed on gear and stuff…

I like how Jay Cutler didn’t give up and kept competing until he finally beat ronnie…Unlike Shawn and Kevin and Flex.

Jay annoys me now with his Fred Flintstone Grin, but that was a great achievement:)

• Adam
    [/quote]

I think you got that all mixed/wrong Jimmy. Jay didn’t beat Ron Coleman. Time and injuries caught up with Coleman. If he would have stayed tight I could see him keeping it in 06 and maybe 07. I like Jay. As much as a Weider pet that he is, I like him for how he has monetized his presence in the sport. He has all his goodies (car, house, can afford to bodybuild unlike others) but he also has several business ventures pumping out money. I hope he cashed out before the nuke hit us in the housing sector. Specially Vegas, our Nevada chapter built so much shit over there its not even funny.